TTHFUTD pregnancy group!

Nix, I am so sorry hun :hugs: glad you are doing ok

Ejay, congrats on your fantastic scan! So excited for you and so happy xx

Nix :hugs: I am very sorry sweetie.

Ejay, what a beautiful scan pic of the little one!

Hope you are all well!!!

Thanks everyone, I am doing OK.

Went to the doctors on friday, ended up in tears, he only asked if I was doing OK, I just burst into tears!

Have my first midwife appointment booked for next thursday, it felt very surreal: after seeing the doc, I went to reception to get the paperwork to sign, I was trying to be discreet but the receptionist just shouts out congratulations and here have a pregnancy pack and your appointment with the Midwife is thursday, I was like, really I am only 7 and a half weeks, do I really see the Midwife this soon. I guess it takes a while to process all the paperwork.

The Doctor was clueless, I explained that our IVF cycle had been successful and he congratulated us and then asked what the date of my last period was. I tried to explain that it was irrelevant as I knew exactly when we conceived (the day of egg collection). He just said Oh well you will have to work out a date for when your last period was!! so I just got OH to pick a date 2 weeks prior to EC to keep them all happy.

I am struggling with work and the tiredness and taking care of the horses, the Doc did suggest having a word with work and looking at reducing my hours and maybe finishing earlier. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have the horses, but I can't afford to have them taken care of for me at the moment and I want to make sure I am taking care of baby.

I am going to talk to my boss next week and tell her, my work will be restricted somewhat now anyway as the majority of my work brings me in to contact with hazardous chemicals which is a real No No.

Oh what fun

I've had people at the various doctor's offices focus on my LMP too. They don't seem to understand when I say "I KNOW my due date is 9/1 because I know when I 'ovulated'" <sigh> So yeah, I now just say two weeks prior to 12/9 to get them off my back. :haha:

I hope your exhaustion eases for you, and your manager is accommodating!!

I have been such a grumpy sod recently, re reading some of my posts I seem to have been on a bit of a downer!!

Apologies to everyone if I have been a bit negative.

Question for Squirrel - did you continue to take the progesterone support till 12 weeks? I am on crinone and the clinic advised that I continue until day 77. I did laughingly say to the nurse that when I do stop the crinone I will probably be panicking every night at crinone time wondering if I have forgotten something.

We have a family holiday booked at Centre Parks in May, only 3 weeks away now. We are going for a long weekend, but I am so looking forward to it. Will be spending the days walking and cycling through the forest and swimming in the pools, aaaaahhhhh bliss!!

You haven't been a downer at all! Don't worry about it!

I stopped the Crinone at 10 weeks. I was panicked about stopping it too. Other people go to 12 weeks so I repeatedly asked them if they were sure I could stop. I bet they were annoyed with me. I then made a comment of "well, if I stop it and I start spotting, I'll just pop another dose in". They said if I started spotting then something else was wrong and progesterone wouldn't help. And it would need time to build back up in my system so it wasn't a good idea to restart it after stopping.

And when I stopped, absolutely nothing happened. No spotting or anything.

Honestly, as hard as it is, you just need to do what your doctor says. They know more than we do about it. Everyone does things differently but it doesn't make it wrong.

Wow, your holiday sounds like soooooooooo much fun! I wanna go! I could sit in a little stroller behind the bike and have you take me around! :rofl:

Squirrel - we already have a gadget that goes on the bike so we can take the dog running at the same time. I am sure we could find a trailer, like the one below to put you in!! :haha:

Attachments

• bike trailer.jpg
    bike trailer.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 1
Ejay, you don't need to apologise about being grumpy! (which, by the way, I didn't think you were doing!). Just feel free to post about however you are feeling, good or bad!

Wow, your holiday sounds awesome! I am also super impressed you can even contemplate activities like bike-riding...by the time I was as far along as you I was so sick that bike-riding was about the last thing I felt like doing. I am super pleased that you have been feeling good so far and days spent walking/cycling/swimming sound fantastic xx

Hi everyone,

Lucky - although I am not being sick, I do get quite nauseous in the afternoons and evenings. As for energy.... I have none, somebody has removed my batteries seriously!!

Well had my first appointment with the Midwife this morning, she was really nice, loads of paperwork to go through, and more blood to take.

I have been under quite a lot of stress at work recently and I had told my co worker that I was pregnant as I have been working closely on a project with her, unfortunately she has been far from understanding. I finish my project in the next week and have to return to my previous post. I had to tell my Boss (in the job I return to) today that I was pregnant, I know she has been trying for a baby for a number of years and has had a failed IVF cycle, although she was professional and put a brave face on it, I know she will have been hurting inside.

I ended up in tears again explaining all of this to the Midwife as she asked about stresses at work and my mental well being. She wants me to talk to the Doctor, but is recommending that I have a couple of weeks off, just to get on top of things.

Right off to set up a journal instead of hijacking this thread all the time.

Will post the link

xx

Aw shit Nix, I'm so sorry your bean didn't stick hun :(

Ejay, going to check out your journal now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back