Turning 31, TTC #1- would love a TTC buddy!

Hey Dear Ladies,

I was reading your thread last night from post 1 to the very last one. It gave me so much hope while 2 ww. It is a really fertile thread. So happy for you, ladies.

I am a crazy tester too, it is my first month of TTCing, never done this before. I thought maybe testing as much as I am you can answer my question. So….I start to test on the 11/08 (CD 13) I bought 3 different OPKs: First Respone, Clear Blue and CVS brand for 20$ Ovulation Predictor ( very similar to your wondfo) and I got the following results

Clear Blue 11/12 positive with a “Solid” smiley face
CVS Brand Ovulation Predictor positive 11/13
First Response positive 11/14

So I am not sure what is my ovulation day exactly, but I thought between 11/13 and 11/14

But, as you know, it did not put me at rest and I decided to keep testing with CVS Brand every day to see my LH surge. Till today (today is my CD 22) I got 2 lines with FMU, I decided to do a Clear Blue one, just for fun and got a flashing smiley face.

Here is the picture of my progression, do you have any ideas what can I it be? why am i getting a flashing smiley face after OV?

here my tests

Attachments

• 20161114_181326.jpg
    20161114_181326.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 20161114_063618.jpg
    20161114_063618.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 4
another one

Attachments

• 20161116_193340.jpg
    20161116_193340.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 9
Thank you purple, hopefully my cramping would lighten up after the afternoon days as well. Not sure if the process where I live, heard not many obs here, going to see a doctor on Monday to see what the next steps are.

TTC, hope you have a wonderful party, let us know how it goes. I. Sure he will be thrilled.

Thank you for sharing wonderful resources, I'm planning on doing a journal as well. I have ordered the belly book as gift to many of my friends when they are pregnant and they all loved it. So might get that one.
Perky, have fun studying and cleaning. I'm sure part of your tww would breeze by with Thanksgiving.
Afm, just cramps and back pain. Also I'm very low on energy.

Galyna, welcome!
I have never used opk, but I know they stay positive if you are pregnant, it's there a possibility that you may already be pregnant? Do you temp? I found that to be very useful in understanding what my body was up to.

Galyna: what are your cycles usually like? Are they regular? In some women a long LH surge is normal. Temping is good in correlation with opk's because you see the dip and the spike and that is the only way to successfully identify when you actually ovulated. In some women a very long LH surge can be a sign of PCOS. Or it could just be that your body was gearing up to ovulate but was delayed. Typically you release an egg 12-36 hrs after your first positive opk.

I wish you all the luck!!

Galyna I also used the smiley face ones and when it flashes it does not mean your about to o. Only when it's solid. Flashing means your estrogen is high. A lot of people on these threads have had positive opks a day or two before a bfp

Fxed for you that is what it is!!

Ladies I caved last night and did another Digi I needed to see that it had progressed to the 2-3 weeks lol not going to lie did a happy dance when it did :)

Ttc let us know how the party goes!!

Attachments

• 20161118_230354.jpg
    20161118_230354.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 1
Galyna: what are your cycles usually like? Are they regular? In some women a long LH surge is normal. Temping is good in correlation with opk's because you see the dip and the spike and that is the only way to successfully identify when you actually ovulated. In some women a very long LH surge can be a sign of PCOS. Or it could just be that your body was gearing up to ovulate but was delayed. Typically you release an egg 12-36 hrs after your first positive opk.

I wish you all the luck!!

Thank you so much for your response,

About my cycle: it is 30 to 31 days for, regular, never missed a period in my life, don’t have any pains when AF, only mild cramps.

I did ultra sound of my lower pelvic this summer and she also did ultra sound inside of my VG this summer but did not tell me anything about PCOS. I hope it is not what I have. Otherwise they would tell me at ultra sound, right?

I take vitamins and folic acid as well. I am pretty healthy, eating habits are very healthy as well.

Galyna, welcome!
I have never used opk, but I know they stay positive if you are pregnant, it's there a possibility that you may already be pregnant? Do you temp? I found that to be very useful in understanding what my body was up to.

I bought a CVS Brand special basal thermometer, but I dropped it because I did it couple of times one morning and it showed me different results.

Would you recommend to buy another one? Which brand do you use? :flower:

Galyna I also used the smiley face ones and when it flashes it does not mean your about to o. Only when it's solid. Flashing means your estrogen is high. A lot of people on these threads have had positive opks a day or two before a bfp

Ladies I caved last night and did another Digi I needed to see that it had progressed to the 2-3 weeks lol not going to lie did a happy dance when it did :)

That's the LAST pregnancy test I want to buy. I'm going to buy it this weekend and do it towards the end of the week!! Yay!!! I'm so happy for you! It's funny because we have a similar mindset

Galyna, welcome!

I bought a CVS Brand special basal thermometer, but I dropped it because I did it couple of times one morning and it showed me different results.

Did you temp orally or vaginally?
The most accurate temps are ones taken at the same time (I got up at 4am) and vaginally. You take your temp right after you wake up and before you even get out of bed. It's normal to get different temps- I would do it a few times and every time my temp was a lil off. Vaginally is more accurate than oral because there are less external factors that impact it. You can look at each of our charts... it's pretty easy to see the ovulation dip and post ovulation spike and the Fertility Friend app makes it REALLY easy! I just bought a cheap BBT from Amazon.

It sounds like you're doing everything right!! Maybe your longer cycles can mean you have a bit of a longer LH surge. It's okay. As long as your LP is long enough to sustain an egg and give it time to implant- which I definitely think yours would be.

So I finished my OPK chart today and showed DH and then showed him that along with my BBT chart and he was pretty impressed!!! I am too. I absolutely loved these opk's. My first positive test was detected the same day as the VERY expensive First Response early test!

Attachments

• IMG_9498.jpg
    IMG_9498.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 6

That's the LAST pregnancy test I want to buy. I'm going to buy it this weekend and do it towards the end of the week!! Yay!!! I'm so happy for you! It's funny because we have a similar mindset

Galyna, welcome!

Did you temp orally or vaginally?
The most accurate temps are ones taken at the same time (I got up at 4am) and vaginally. You take your temp right after you wake up and before you even get out of bed. It's normal to get different temps- I would do it a few times and every time my temp was a lil off. Vaginally is more accurate than oral because there are less external factors that impact it. You can look at each of our charts... it's pretty easy to see the ovulation dip and post ovulation spike and the Fertility Friend app makes it REALLY easy! I just bought a cheap BBT from Amazon.

It sounds like you're doing everything right!! Maybe your longer cycles can mean you have a bit of a longer LH surge. It's okay. As long as your LP is long enough to sustain an egg and give it time to implant- which I definitely think yours would be.

So I finished my OPK chart today and showed DH and then showed him that along with my BBT chart and he was pretty impressed!!! I am too. I absolutely loved these opk's. My first positive test was detected the same day as the VERY expensive First Response early test!

I put mine in rectum (sorry for TMI). But if you say I can use VG for this, it is even better, lol, because I hated to do that. :dohh:

I will throw this one and buy another one, because I did not like this brand, however it came with ovulation chart and so on....

Attachments

• 5042804706.jpg
    5042804706.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 1
I am going to buy this one :

https://www.amazon.com/Accurate-Fer...it?ie=UTF8&qid=1479573262&sr=8-4&keywords=BBT

I really hope the egg met the sperm, we started to BD on the 11/8 and did all the way down till 11/15 every night, for better results, I even did not stand up from the bed, just used special tissues for VG afterwards, and tried not to move a lot.

I really hope from all my heart I am pg, but I do not have any symptoms, just was very very tired from M-W and went to bed early. I tried to pick up on every little thing and I guess my body is playing with me, trying to convince me that I am pg, however, I might be not....All women in our family are very fertile, and got babies from the first month of trying, but I try not to hope a lot and think about next month of charting, doing opks and exercise more. I have my own treadmill in the house, so I will start jogging again. Used to do it twice a week for 45 min (4 miles).

So you are pregnant. You have to buy a special book for nutrition.

I have a slightly different habits than you guys, as I am from Europe, so I eat buckwheat and drink Kefir, lol.

Maybe joining this thread will get me to BFP. He-he.

I'm from Europe too!! Well- I was born in Poland and moved here when I was 6. I loooove Kefir! Where are you from?

Symptoms spotting is soooo hard to not do!! I was so overly sensitive to what I was feeling. It was about 3-4 days before I got my BFP when I made the post "guys... I really think I'm pregnant" hahaha... it was like someone turned the light on and symptoms started. They have actually faded now, all but the dull occasional cramping.

When is AF due Gsl? I will be thinking fertile thoughts for you!!

Oh, how nice..

I am from Ukraine.I will be 31 in March so time is to think about baby. AF is suppose to come on the 29th. I will be doing test on Thanksgiving or day after. I am afraid of BFN.

Oh, how nice..

I am from Ukraine.I will be 31 in March so time is to think about baby. AF is suppose to come on the 29th. I will be doing test on Thanksgiving or day after. I am afraid of BFN.

I just turned 31 two days ago and completely agree!!! 31 is a great age to have a baby.

Last night was my first real nausea experience. I had a chocolate bundt cake and after I felt nauseous for a while- luckily my peppermint ginger chews were delivered that day and seriously- they helped!! I ate once and got a little relief but the nausea came back after I ate dinner so I had two of them and felt a lot better!!! Yay.

If this baby doesn't like chocolate-we are in for a loooooong 9 months hahaha.

Hope your weekend is going well. Today is our food day. We are cooking beef and broccoli with rice and making a ground turkey with veggies skillet. Yum!!! We typically eat pretty healthy. The only thing I'm really changing is trying to add more calcium into my diet.

Oh, how nice..

I just turned 31 two days ago and completely agree!!! 31 is a great age to have a baby.

Last night was my first real nausea experience. I had a chocolate bundt cake and after I felt nauseous for a while- luckily my peppermint ginger chews were delivered that day and seriously- they helped!! I ate once and got a little relief but the nausea came back after I ate dinner so I had two of them and felt a lot better!!! Yay.

If this baby doesn't like chocolate-we are in for a loooooong 9 months hahaha.

Hope your weekend is going well. Today is our food day. We are cooking beef and broccoli with rice and making a ground turkey with veggies skillet. Yum!!! We typically eat pretty healthy. The only thing I'm really changing is trying to add more calcium into my diet.

Dear Thejoie:flower:,
I am so sorry you have to go through this, poor thing, I can only imagine to be sick, I would hate it:dohh:.
I read a lot of literature right now about healthy nutrition while pregnancy. From what I understand, you have to stay away from processed, can food, tuna, any bulky wish (like sward fish) salmon is fine, because it contains a lot of mercury, sushi and any meat that is not cooked well, like prosciutto and so on.
I would recommend to buy a steamer for this period. Also avoid fry and greasy food, bake everything. Coffee and tea?:coffee: I read that better stay away from it as it can develop caffeine addiction in newborns and they will not be calm, will cry all the time. Of course no alcohol.
Chocolate is fine, I really like 72% dark one, but any citrus and eggs, try to consume in moderate quantity.

From what I see you look great<3, probably having this diet long time ago.
As for me, I do not eat any fast food at all, never, do not drink any softs never, I eat pretty healthy, but I am a sweet tooth, will not walk beside cake and trying not to eat a piece.

Anyway, I am sure you are doing everything in a right way.

I got my negative pok today and flashing smiley from CB. I really feel sad:cry: because my boobs do not hurt at all, I feel fine, just cramps like before AF, back pain and some activities in my ovaries. I am 6 dop. Hubby said that we would not try in December because he does not want any Virgo child:growlmad::growlmad:. Lol. So I will have to wait till January to start my journey.

BTW, I downloaded FF, OMG, I love this app:thumbup:, I put all my data in there. Also, I bought a new thermometer and start my chart today, using VG method, why did I not think of it before? do not know. I thought you have to do a rectum temperature.
Thinking about next month charting, exercising and testing:happydance:. Probably will order Wondfo from Amazon. But I want to by FR, CB as well, like a back up.
Mom thinks I am crazy, so I do not really have much support. I don&#8217;t tell this to anyone just my BFF, because I don&#8217;t want to jinx myself. My BFF will start trying in march, we are the same age.

I am very grateful for this forum:hugs:, I am so excited about my journey to pregnancy. I bought a little baby clothes and put it in my closet, just for visualization and attraction of positive outcome. Reading a book about parenthood now. :comp:

So I have a question for you, how did you manage to wake every morning at 4 am to take the temp? why did you wake up exactly at 4, not six? I am not a morning person:sleep:, lol&#8230;.

Stay healthy and eat well.

Be safe.....

I wear a FitBit activity tracker that has a vibrating alarm so I would set that. The ideal time to take our temps after at least 4 hours of restful sleep. I get up at different times everyday and so does DH. Some days he's up at 5 and I wake up for a little bit when he's getting ready. I also sometimes struggled to get back to sleep so 4am gave my the best shot at getting a decent amount of sleep before getting up for work. It was the most restful time of the night for me haha...

I just started Jillian Michaels pregnancy book. So far so good.

I didn't really have a lot of symptoms until 9dpo my boobs got sensitive and I was emotional. I had experienced a little bit of what I called "feeling woozy" around the time I think I implanted. Other than that- I felt great!

Even now, I feel normal 98%of the time. A bit of dull cramping at times. And a lil nausea last night. Pregnancy symptoms REALLY kick in between 6-8 weeks...

I wear a FitBit activity tracker that has a vibrating alarm so I would set that. The ideal time to take our temps after at least 4 hours of restful sleep. I get up at different times everyday and so does DH. Some days he's up at 5 and I wake up for a little bit when he's getting ready. I also sometimes struggled to get back to sleep so 4am gave my the best shot at getting a decent amount of sleep before getting up for work. It was the most restful time of the night for me haha...

I just started Jillian Michaels pregnancy book. So far so good.

I didn't really have a lot of symptoms until 9dpo my boobs got sensitive and I was emotional. I had experienced a little bit of what I called "feeling woozy" around the time I think I implanted. Other than that- I felt great!

Even now, I feel normal 98%of the time. A bit of dull cramping at times. And a lil nausea last night. Pregnancy symptoms REALLY kick in between 6-8 weeks...

Yeah, I thought about ordering FitBit and will soon.

are you planing to take a yoga classes for pregnant?

I've heard yoga is good for flexibility in pregnancy but I just can't fit it into my schedule with work, life, and my current workouts. I may look into it on my own and incorporate more stretching into my regular workouts.

I love my Fitbit. I've had one for 3 years now and it's been very motivating. Plus since getting pregnant- my heart rate is already increasing! My usual resting heart rate is 56 and in just one week-I've jumped to 62! I love data, science and biology. Haha... its so cool.

Attachments

• IMG_9520.jpg
    IMG_9520.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79