Two positive pregnancy tests no baby on scan

Mommy_DK

Reaction score
DH and I have been TTC for a little over 1 yr now and decided to wait until spring to Ttc using clomid but of course we weren't preventing getting pregnant either . I didn't think much of if but I had skipped AF for the whole month of December so I went and got a cheapy last night and I got a very dark pink positive! I went into the clinic today for another urine test and a scan and got another very dark positive but the scan showed no baby !? Not sure what to think..... The sonographher said there was no inflammation in the tubes so probably not ectopic but she didn't give anymore details. considering December is when I missed AF and the test lines are dark I'm thinking I'm atleast 5-7 weeks along maybe further and I've seen all three of my kids on scans this early

Has this happend to any of you? Any suggestions?

Does the scan show a gestational sac? Or just nothing at all?

I wish I would have thought to ask her that! She wasn't very comforting or informative at all. I'm not sure if there was a sac, more than likely not because I'm thinking she would have atleast said that. And I didn't get any pictures to take from the scan

If there's a sac but no baby, you are likely early - around 5 weeks like you say. If there's nothing at all, then I'm not sure?!

Agree with pp. If you just saw a sack it's not too much to worry about. On my ds early scans I was 7+4 before they could see baby on the scan and he's sat next to me now a happy healthy 9 year old.

I called back to the clinic thanks to your response about the sac and the nurse says the woman who did my scan is gone for the day but thinks that if she saw a sac she would have said something..... She pointed out my blatter and my uterus so. She sounded doubtful of me being pregnant at all and looked so confused the whole time.

She kept saying "come back in two weeks" "we will see what happens in two weeks if you are pregnant or not" but that wait will be antagonizing. And, I can't believe how dark my lines are and she's doubting I'm even pregnant. I just tested again today and still very dark lines, I've heard of blue dye being known to give false positives but I've used only pink dye tests... Maybe miscarriage..?

Yea I'm thinking I'll just make an appointment and do blood

She would have pointed out the sac then I'm sure. Very strange.

I know with a chemical pregnancy you don't have a sac because nothing implants properly. Your lines are dark though?

Definitely get blood taken to see what your HCG is.

Yes my lines are so dark I'd be really surprised if it were chemical, I will try to make an appointment tomorrow for blood draw

Was the scan an internal or external?

I was just about to ask the same thing.
If it was external, but you are only at 5 weeks, it's very likely she wouldn't be able to see anything. They couldn't see anything on my external scan at 6+2, and so they did an internal and could see a sac and suggested I was actually 5+2 due to late implantation.
Good luck xxx

If you weren't temping, you could have had a longer cycle/ovulated later than you predicted, throwing off your guess of 'one month late'. You are probably just very very early and the sonographer was correct in telling you to come back in 2 weeks.

It sounds like you have probably ovulated later in your cycles thn usual and are in the very early stages of pregnancy. I really hope that is the case for you hun x

If you can't wait, you could go buy a cbwe to see what it says you are weeks wise.

I had an ultrasound today, I'm 5+2. They first did an external to look at my ovaries and what not and you couldn't see anything other than the typical organs. They then did a transvaginal and clearly saw the gestational sac. How it was performed might be the issue.

I was curious and did some research.. I don't know how valid this is but found this " False positives can be caused by fertility drugs, cysts, pituitary disorders and some cancers." Here's to hoping it's none of this and you're just early.. But might be worth getting checked by doctor. Can't they do a vaginal exam? When does the cervix close?

Thank you all so much for taking the time out to help me and showing concern , I really need it because DH doesn't understand any of this its more confusing for him than me.

I had both transvaginal and external u/s today. I haven't taken any fertility drugs yet, from the testing I've had over the past few months none of them indicate or have shown any cysts , pelvic problems, scaring, or tube issues. All of my hormone tests and follicle counts came back perfect. Everything from my knowledge is in normal condition. I had pap done months ago and everything was normal so no signs of cancer. I'm just use to taking a pregnancy test and even with a faint positive and an u/s following the sac shows up. But from reading some of your comments Im learning sometimes if it's early it maybe hard to see...? Or possible chemical or eptopic pg is taking place. I am just so nervous right now. I just want to know what's going on. But your answers and helping me try to figure this out until I get answers from the dr is slowly decreasing my anxiety

Is it worth getting a second opinion? This must be so worrying and I really feel for you
I hope that it is something as simple as you were a bit too early or the person scanning you was having an off day !

Do you do preg tests regularly? Only wondering if there could be a reason you could produce a false positive which isn't in fact the preg hormone but something else ?!

I think blood test would be the best move though . Sorry I can't be more help but I really hope this has a positive outcome for u xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->