Two positive pregnancy tests no baby on scan

Hey all, I found myself in a situation yesterday that isn't quite solved just yet at estimated 5 weeks 3 days..... They said they the gestational sac was too small to measure or really see anything in-depth on the ultrasound, they think its probably to early. They are ordering a blood hgc test, a1c (for the diabetes) and referring me to a high risk doctor who's going manage my diabetes. My urine did come back positive. The doctor said at this point they are trying to out weigh 3 things: normal developing pregnancy, ectopic pregnancy, or early miscarriage. Going to see me next week for a second ultrasound. He then came back and said " everything is looking good, its just super early. And we have alot of work to do".

no ultrasound pic, they also kept my due date as 9/19/15 until a ultrasound picture can be confirmed. I will say as the ultrasound tech was looking I asked "do you see anything". She said " yes it looks like I see something but its too small to measure" I didn't ask anymore questions, something about those techs, they don't really like talking!

also she typed down: two small forbids, two small cysts on left ovary. I only knew about the forbids from November. I didn't even inquire with doc. I'll ask about it next week.

They going to call me once the results are in. I'm tempted to call them now!

Bless you hun... please please dont take what i say as an insult but im from the uk and unless you have has ivf or something you dont get scanned till 12 weeks. To me having a scan done at 4 weeks is super early. Especially when you think your baby would only really be 2 weeks. Anyway my point is that sometimes finding stuff out too early is a bad thing. Because you wont know for sure until your further along. Try and not worry or stress to much. The days will soon pass. They are so small at this stage im not suprised they cant see much.

i hope that you do have a healthy pregnancy. I have a fibroid too. As long as there high up and not on the cervix my midwife said they wont cause any problem x

Bless you hun... please please dont take what i say as an insult but im from the uk and unless you have has ivf or something you dont get scanned till 12 weeks. To me having a scan done at 4 weeks is super early. Especially when you think your baby would only really be 2 weeks. Anyway my point is that sometimes finding stuff out too early is a bad thing. Because you wont know for sure until your further along. Try and not worry or stress to much. The days will soon pass. They are so small at this stage im not suprised they cant see much.

i hope that you do have a healthy pregnancy. I have a fibroid too. As long as there high up and not on the cervix my midwife said they wont cause any problem x

I have diabetes which has been running high and I can't take the medications that were prescribed prior to pregnancy. I'm high risk so my appointment are early and more frequent than others. It was a medication management and initial appointment.........

Ah bless u thats fair enough. Just meant try and remember how tiny it is and it will be extremely hard to see at the min x

I hope your scan went well today Mommy DK.
I just wanted to say that I also had positive preg tests but no sac on the US at 7 weeks. The technical term the sonographer used was 'pregnancy of unknown location'.unfortuantly that pregnancy did not end well.
I do hope the outcome is better for you, especially as your HCG has doubled :flower:

I just want to thank you ALL for the well wishes and for keeping me lifted while waiting for the news On the pg it has really helped me along

Today they saw a sac and a baby and the hb! I was so shocked but of course relieved also. I have no idea why they do these us's so early knowing chances are they won't see much of anything which causes unnecessary stress in most cases . I'm still being told I am not "out of the water and I could still miscarry the pg" wasn't fun to hear but I guess it's the truth. So the waiting game continues but I am glad I got a little clarity as to what is going on

Gi_Jane- I am so sorry for your loss :flower: and thanks again for your concern

Babifever - I think you're dr is right it is just waaaay too early to see anything but i think you'll do fine. Just make sure you make every appointment and take care of yourself , Good luck hun , and sorry your baby isn't showing yet they will see him/her within the next couple of weeks I'm sure.

I just want to thank you ALL for the well wishes and for keeping me lifted while waiting for the news On the pg it has really helped me along

Today they saw a sac and a baby and the hb! I was so shocked but of course relieved also. I have no idea why they do these us's so early knowing chances are they won't see much of anything which causes unnecessary stress in most cases . I'm still being told I am not "out of the water and I could still miscarry the pg" wasn't fun to hear but I guess it's the truth. So the waiting game continues but I am glad I got a little clarity as to what is going on

Gi_Jane- I am so sorry for your loss :flower: and thanks again for your concern

Babifever - I think you're dr is right it is just waaaay too early to see anything but i think you'll do fine. Just make sure you make every appointment and take care of yourself , Good luck hun , and sorry your baby isn't showing yet they will see him/her within the next couple of weeks I'm sure.

great news, how far do they have you?

They have me at 6 weeks and 5 days , she says it's pretty exact

Congratulations. Welcome to the pregnant club! Your half way through the first trimester. How you feeling? Any symptoms xx

Thank you all so much!

I've had symptoms for the past three weeks or so, extremely tired , very nauseous at the sight and smell of almost everything. Weird thing is I'm not really hungry but I was before bfp

Great news!
I wasn't hungry until about 8 weeks, and then I became STARVING!

Great I'm looking foward to it! Lol thanks buffy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->