Two positive pregnancy tests no baby on scan

I had an early scan a few days ago and external they couldnt see anything so she did an internal and could find a tiny 6mm sack but nothing in it yet. She has put on my notes that I was less than 5 weeks so I must have ovulated/implanted later than thought so she has scheduled me in for another scan a week tomorrow so will be 10 days time from when I had the first and hopefully she will be able to see a teeny baby starting to form.

Bear in mine how big we are inside, and how small they start, it is hard to see - my nurse didnt show me the screen or anything and as there wasnt much to see I didn't get a photo either but fingers crossed for next scan.

Like people said you may just be a lot earlier than you think, I had an internal scan at 4+2 and they saw nothing at all, but my bloods at 4+2 were 491 hcg and they said you can't see anything on scans until your hcg is at least 1,500 so hopefully it was just that x

Hopefully it is just a bit early ! At this point it doesn't matter either way to me, I just want to know what's going on so I'm running around today trying to be seen and checked out because I did have bad pain about a week ago and I felt a little dizzy this morning /:

hiya, I know I had a pregnancy test positive last year and then my period came. the next day my lines were gone. maybee you are having a chemical. although at 5 weeks could they actually see anything on a scan. in the uk we don't have scans till 12 weeks. sometimes I think that's better. seems in the usa they scan people so early and ive seen so many girls feel unhappy on here because its too early to be clear. hope all goes well x

hiya, I know I had a pregnancy test positive last year and then my period came. the next day my lines were gone. maybee you are having a chemical. although at 5 weeks could they actually see anything on a scan. in the uk we don't have scans till 12 weeks. sometimes I think that's better. seems in the usa they scan people so early and ive seen so many girls feel unhappy on here because its too early to be clear. hope all goes well x

Not true about not having a scan until 12 weeks.

Generally, scans are not offered until 12 weeks in the UK, but if there is reason to scan early such as a result of infertility treatment, history of loss etc, they will refer earlier. It is the same in the US I believe - the reason it seems there are so many more people having early scans on here is down to the fact that most people on here have actively been trying or needed help conceiving - its not a true reflection of what actually goes on in the 'real world'. Most people in the UK and US, unless paid for privately, do not get offered a dating scan until around 12 weeks.

xx

Update- I went to my old GYN since I'm having trouble finding a new one and they did a repeat urine test still positive... And another ultra sound. The tech and the dr think they see a small collection of fluid which MIGHT be the beginning of the gestational sac. She orderd for me to get blood work done over the weekend so hopefully I will know more by Tuesday.

Well that's more positive news for you :flower:

Mommy-so glad you got in! I think you are just early and all is going to be ok!

I had a scan done at close to 5 weeks and they saw nothing yet. I was in fact pregnant. I think hcg has to be around 1000 to see anything on scan and at that time it was only 480.

Mrs- Thanks so much for your support <3 To me either way it goes is fine because I know God will see us through but it drives me nuts not knowing for sure which way things will go! But you're probably right it may just be early. I'm thinking I will know for sure by next week

Babers- Thank you for sharing your experience with me , was your pregnancy relatively normal after that?.... If you don't mind me asking

Sounds like it's going the right way to me - good luck

Ill be thinking good thoughts for you!! I have a feeling this is why my doctor wont see patients until they are 8-9 weeks along.

Ill be thinking good thoughts for you!! I have a feeling this is why my doctor wont see patients until they are 8-9 weeks along.

And that makes much more sense in most cases I think I was 8 Wks or more along with my other 3 for the first scan

Thats what i meant by my post. It could be hard to see anything if your five weeks. A few weeks time will make all the difference. Fingers crossed xx

Thanks Laura, and everyone else for the well wishes I'll update when ever I know what's going on, even if it's bad news .

Mrs- Thanks so much for your support <3 To me either way it goes is fine because I know God will see us through but it drives me nuts not knowing for sure which way things will go! But you're probably right it may just be early. I'm thinking I will know for sure by next week

Babers- Thank you for sharing your experience with me , was your pregnancy relatively normal after that?.... If you don't mind me asking

I don't mind you asking but I don't want to scare ...... I did miscarry that pregnancy. The thing you have to keep in mind though too are that all ultra sound machines are different. Depending on how high tech the one that was being used it could not show as early as some others.

I don't mind you asking but I don't want to scare ...... I did miscarry that pregnancy. The thing you have to keep in mind though too are that all ultra sound machines are different. Depending on how high tech the one that was being used it could not show as early as some others.

Thank you, I'm not scared now that I know what to expect. Do you remember how much longer after the sonogram you lost your angel baby? And I am so so sorry for your loss. Its been one week since my scan, no blood or cramps yet.... \: this is tough

Thank you, I'm not scared now that I know what to expect. Do you remember how much longer after the sonogram you lost your angel baby? And I am so so sorry for your loss. Its been one week since my scan, no blood or cramps yet.... \: this is tough

I had the early scan and saw nothing. Did a repeat and there was a baby but was measuring 6 days behind from my calculations but doctors said my dates were probably off but that would have made me get a bfp at 4 dpo which wasn't possible. The baby had a heartbeat but it was only 71 which I knew was low. Had another ultra sound a week later and heart beat was 81 and baby measuring 6 weeks 2 days but I was closer to eight weeks by my calculations. Baby quit growing that day. I had no cramps or bleeding. Ended up having a D&C. I knew from the time I got my first bfp I was not going to have a baby. I told my husband right away and the doctors and they thought I was just being nervous. I already had 4 kids and never felt I wouldn't have a baby till that pregnancy. Good luck. Hope you get answers soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->