Two weeks of spotting

Nataliieexo

Reaction score
Well 15 days to be exact. I passed a large clot randomly on Thursday and thought my period was finally kicking in but nothing more than spotting has happened since.

A bit of backround. I don’t ovulate, I’ve already been to the fertility clinic and because my bmi is higher than 30 they won’t help me. At the end of 2016 I had issues with spotting before and after my period sometimes spotting the entire cycle. I was given Provera 3 times and had horrific periods from them but it seemed to do the trick and the spotting between periods stopped. Last cycle my period was short and very light. This cycle I’m cd44 and have been spotting for 15 days. I’ve had countless blood tests all come back fine, ovarys look fine. So I’m pretty much brushed off every time I go to the Drs.

What should my next step be? Here we only have gynaecologists and the fertility clinic. I have never been offered to see a gynaecologist before do I hound the Drs until the agree to refer me to a gynaecologist. I’m sure if i wasnt ttc I would be put on birth control it is always there answer for everything I honestly think they don’t care.

I will also add between January 2015 and January 2018 I had abnormal cells on my cervix, they were not removed they waited to see if they would progress or go away on there own. In January my biopsy was clear so I don’t have to see them again until my next smear which I think they said 3 years. But with the constant spotting I’m starting to get worried that there’s something more sinister going on. What else could it be if my hormones are fine. I’m so fed up of the Drs rushing me back out the door.

Ugh! That does sound frustrating. I am sorry you are having to deal with this! I hope someone can give you some advice. The only thing I know of that some people mention for irregular cycles is VITEX (Agnus Cactus) or Soy to help ovulate. You would want to look up for yourself some research on these natural alternatives but maybe it could help? Hopefully someone on here can offer you some better information! Goodluck hun!

Thank you, I should have mentioned that I have used vitex and soy and they both worked for a few cycles then stopped working I also then had a 8/10 day lp which I tried progesterone cream and b vitamins for and neither helped. Just seems like everything is against me having another child. Once it get myself ovulating then I have a short lp and then the thing that helps me ovulate stops working. I seem to just go round and round. I have the symptoms of PCOS but everything is fine the only thing i haven’t had done that relates to pcos is a insulin resistance test and it’s never been mentioned to me by any dr I’ve seen.

Have you been losing weight recently? Ongoing spotting has happened to me on three occasions when I’ve lost a fair bit of weight. The first time I was on the implant (near the end of the 3 years) and was given the mini pill for a while then a new implant which helped. The second time I was TTC and was given norethisterone to stop the bleeding. I actually started ovulating after that incidence of spotting. It was also around the time I was diagnosed with PCOS though and started metformin.
The third time was earlier this year and I’d been having irregular cycles after DS2 was born (presumably not ovulating) and the spotting lasted about three weeks and I settled into regular cycles after that (and am ovulating).
So for me, it’s been associated with the return of fertility. I hope it works out that way for you!
Do see you doctor if it continues though, they can look into the cause and give you something to stop the spotting.
You have my sympathies, it’s a pain!

My weight hasn’t really changed.
The last time I was spotting like this when I had a scan my lining was too thick for where I was in my cycle and they said that my lining wasn’t shedding like it should be. So I had Provera which cause awfully heavy bleeding to the point I was having to sleep on dark towels and wake up frequently through the night to change pads and tampon I had to wear both and it still wasn’t enough I lost massive blood clots and lining tissue. I’m thinking this may be the issue again.

It’s frustrating with having the symptoms of pcos the fertility clinic said they could say I had pcos because I had the symptoms but didn’t diagnose anything. Even before I had my son 4 years ago my periods were always erratic and far apart but I didn’t have any spotting issues then. He was concieved after I used the pill for 3 cycles. The first cycle off the pill I had a chemical and then my son was conceived 2 cycles later.
I’ve considered going on the pill in the hopes it would work the same this time but I doubt it would and because I’ve put weight on since having my son I wouldn’t get the same pill anyway the only pill they have offered me since is a progesterone only without a break and I’ve heard lots of negative things about that pill in terms of constant bleeding while on it so I definitely wouldn’t want to be on that.
It’s frustrating I haven’t been on birth control since i came off it to ttc my son and I’ve had no luck at all with ttc. I was so hopefully when vitex and soy isofavlones made me ovulate but then short lp was a problem it just seems like everything is against me having another baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->