U.S 3rd tri mommies!

Silas - I'm sure you'll do fine! Only 3 weeks left until you graduate, so that should make you feel better! :)

Michele - Thanks hunn! :) I wish I could catch those vibes! Lol...

Alright ladies, I'm going to try and get some sleep. I hope everyone has a better night tonight then the last few nights. Good night! :)

hi girls!! thank you SOOOO much for all the support today. i definitely needed it. as i went to the ER all alone! :( soo scary. specially when i wasn't sure if i was contracting or not! anyways, i got there and they strapped me to the heart monitor and his heartbeat stayed at around 147 :) after about 10 minutes the little booger started kicking and wiggling and basically showing off for the nurse! then she did an internal check and my cervix is still closed!! thank god. i had to pee in a cup of course. turns out Trystin was facing my back with his feet in my back pushing against my stomach. we got him to move and instant relief!! that and i was dehydrated. so i now have to drink 8-10 bottles of water a day!! can you say a bajillion bathroom breaks?! :( but i'm insanely happy that he's ok. the dr checked me again and told me i was about 30-40% effaced.

so that was my very eventful day!! thank you ladies for all your good luck vibes :)

thank goodness you are ok, kalin. i didn't even know anything happened beings that i was gone all day! i read that and thought it meant you had just left. then realized it was from this morning. is that why your stomach was hurting with him positioned like that?

michelle, i'm going to find that tea tomorrow. i want to cry just thinking about going to lay down even though i am exhausted. it's awful not being able to rest. then i have to work all weekend which are terrible long shifts. oh the fun never ends.

meg and guppy ........ lots of baby dust!!!!!!!!! i keep waiting to pop back on and see y'all have gone to the hospital!!!!!

kayla, i admire you for doing school from home with a baby and one in the oven! that can not be easy. won't be long and you are done, right? are you picking classes right back up or what? makes me tired thinking about it!

is anyone planning to bottle feed at all? supplement? wondering what kind of bottles you are planning to use or have used. my mom bought us an avent electric sterilizer and bottle warmer today. it was like a million dollars and i feel really guilty. we had a hard time deciding between dr brown's, tommee tippee, and avent. actually i'm still confused. i never had a bottle warmer before. we used the running hot water in a bowl deal. that was free. LOL but it says it warms a bottle in 2 minutes. she does so much for me on so little and i am so grateful. but still! i used cheap evenflo and gerber bottles with my first 2. and breastfed the first few weeks. i actually bought some of the evenflo bottles and they are so reasonable but she insists i return them and use the others. ahhhhh i don't know what to do!!!!!!!!!!!

hope everyone gets lots of rest except for guppy and meg. cause they need to be in labor! :hugs:

Will be a nursing mom again, so no bottles really, except those that came with my pump. Only have that on hand for just in case.

Minor scare just a bit ago. Felt a gush, though my water broke cause I felt damp, went to check, NOTHING!!! Glad nothing happened but OMG talk about freak me out. Better not have been one of Charlie's sneak attacks!

thank goodness you are ok, kalin. i didn't even know anything happened beings that i was gone all day! i read that and thought it meant you had just left. then realized it was from this morning. is that why your stomach was hurting with him positioned like that?

michelle, i'm going to find that tea tomorrow. i want to cry just thinking about going to lay down even though i am exhausted. it's awful not being able to rest. then i have to work all weekend which are terrible long shifts. oh the fun never ends.

meg and guppy ........ lots of baby dust!!!!!!!!! i keep waiting to pop back on and see y'all have gone to the hospital!!!!!

kayla, i admire you for doing school from home with a baby and one in the oven! that can not be easy. won't be long and you are done, right? are you picking classes right back up or what? makes me tired thinking about it!
is anyone planning to bottle feed at all? supplement? wondering what kind of bottles you are planning to use or have used. my mom bought us an avent electric sterilizer and bottle warmer today. it was like a million dollars and i feel really guilty. we had a hard time deciding between dr brown's, tommee tippee, and avent. actually i'm still confused. i never had a bottle warmer before. we used the running hot water in a bowl deal. that was free. LOL but it says it warms a bottle in 2 minutes. she does so much for me on so little and i am so grateful. but still! i used cheap evenflo and gerber bottles with my first 2. and breastfed the first few weeks. i actually bought some of the evenflo bottles and they are so reasonable but she insists i return them and use the others. ahhhhh i don't know what to do!!!!!!!!!!!

hope everyone gets lots of rest except for guppy and meg. cause they need to be in labor! :hugs:

My classes are over on September 19th and I will not be going back until sometime in the future. I will be finished with my Associates degree when I finish these classes so I am hoping to get a decent job with that for now. I may go for my Bachelors in Elementry Education at some point in the future - but it will be a couple years from now when the babies are older. I can't do it with two babies - I barely get by with 1! :haha:

I am going to try breastfeeding - in fact I just decided that here recently. I don't know if I am going to like it or not as I have never done it before - just right out formula fed my son. But I plan on this being my last baby (atleast for a few years) so I want to try it atleast. If I don't like it then I am not going to do it. :thumbup: As for bottles - I used all different kinds with my ds. We had Evenflo, Gerber, and then we got The First Years which nipple is shaped like the hospital pacifier they give you - anyway we started using those and will probably stick with them with our 2nd as well. They are cheap too - you get 3 bottles for under $9. :thumbup:

Well, I didn't get lucky & get 2 good nights sleep in a row. Ah well I suppose - atleast I got 1.

OMG. I just realized my son will be 10 months old in 3 days - counting today. :| :nope:

Good morning ladies!! :) I hope I don't miss anything/anyone! Just yell at me if I forget you! :haha:

Kalin - Thank God everything is alright with you and Trystin! :) You had us all worried yesterday. I hate going to the hospital by myself, especially when I have to take Luke, but sometimes if you think something isn't right, you have to do what you have to do. Luckily, my DH was with me the other night, or else I probably would've fallen asleep on the way home.

Amanda - I plan on breastfeeding for the first year, just like I did with Luke. But, if the baby has latching problems at all, I'll end up pumping and bottle feeding. Luke had issues for the first three months, so that's what I had to do. Luke never liked the Medela bottles that I'd pump into, so I had to transfer the breast milk into other bottles for feedings. We used the Evenflo Ventaire bottles, because Luke had terrible acid reflux as a baby. When he got older and started drinking juice, he liked the Avent bottles. I had an Avent bottle warmer, and hated it. :nope: The two minute timer never warmed Luke's bottles enough. I ended up having to do 4-5 minutes, which was way too much for a crying baby. Anyway, I ended up giving it away after using it a handful of times.

Michele - Wow, that would scare me too! Did you ever figure out what the gush feeling was? That's so weird. I'm glad everything is okay! :thumbup:

Kala - I would definitely give breastfeeding a try. From my experience, it seems like the women who aren't very sure they'll be able to do it, end up having the easiest times. Of course with me, I was confident my entire pregnancy with Luke and ready to go for it, and he had major problems latching on for months. Lol... Good luck hunn! :) I'm sure you can do it! And YAY for Joseph turning 10 months old soon!! Such a big boy! He's such a cutie!! :)

Guppy - I had a dream last night that you went into labor, and when I logged into BnB this morning, I read your post about your new arrival!! I was SO excited! But, then I really did log on and I noticed you haven't posted yet today! Lol... Maybe, you are still in labor?! :winkwink:

Honey - We haven't heard from you in over a day now! What's going on girl?! I hope your at the hospital in labor, or holding your baby by now!! Hope everything is okay! :hugs:

I'm thinking of you both!! :hugs: Nothing happening over here by the way! Lol... In case you didn't realize that by now! :haha:

Kala - I would definitely give breastfeeding a try. From my experience, it seems like the women who aren't very sure they'll be able to do it, end up having the easiest times. Of course with me, I was confident my entire pregnancy with Luke and ready to go for it, and he had major problems latching on for months. Lol... Good luck hunn! :) I'm sure you can do it! And YAY for Joseph turning 10 months old soon!! Such a big boy! He's such a cutie!! :)

Ha, I can only hope it turns out to be easy. I have this huge fear of breastfeeding. Its weird because I am excited about trying, but scared to death. I think I just don't want to fail - as I really don't like being a failure at anything. I am not sure if I am actually cut out for breastfeeding - which is why I say I will try it. Lol

frsttimemommy: I didn't read your back story but I'm defiantly happy things are Ok with you and your baby.

delmeg: I'm still here and overdue in pain. Very frustrating. How are you? I hope you and Guppy go into labor soon, as well as me lol.

frsttimemommy: I didn't read your back story but I'm defiantly happy things are Ok with you and your baby.

delmeg: I'm still here and overdue in pain. Very frustrating. How are you? I hope you and Guppy go into labor soon, as well as me lol.

Oh, that is poo! I was hoping for you. :flower:

I'm so hungry but only want something with cheese and potatoes.

I'm so hungry but only want something with cheese and potatoes.

i didn't mean to miss you in my post last night. i actually went back a few pages cause i felt like somebody important was missing but obviously not far enough. too bad you are far away. i have 3 huge containers of mashed potatoes with cheese from work. i got them for my mom as i am tired of my restaurant's food. i would share with you! hmmmmm, maybe that's what you need to kick start labor. somebody get this girl some cheesy potatoes!!!!!!!!!

delmeg, i knew the bottle warmer had to be too good to be true. :growlmad: the sterilizer was $90 and then the bottle warmer came out to $30 but originally is $60. :wacko: all avent is buy one get one half off at babies r us right now. and i have one bottle so far. just ONE lol. i just feel like it is absurd and maybe not necessary. i mean i got a 10pack of evenflo for half off at $5 with a coupon!!!!!!! i have heard they are better with colic and reflux which my first son had NO issues with. then my second son had lot's.

---is anyone even buying a steriliser?? with my first 2, i had a gerber brand sterilizer that was electric. it was quick and efficient but i don't even remember them really having microwave ones back then. but you guessed it, my mom bought it back then too. :dohh: i have a brand new dish washer and could just boil everything. i am not one to have to HAVE every little thing and by no means have lots of money. i dunno!!!!!!!

kayla, i breastfed for about 3 weeks exclusively with my 2nd. with my first i was barely 18 and had preeclampsia really bad.so was on a magnesium drip for the first 10 days of my baby's life. they can't have the milk at all. i did try to pump but literally got less than an ounce and it was hopeless after that. i was pretty much mortified of it anyway, so i don't think i would have followed through. i was back working less than 2 wks after giving birth to my second and honestly could not afford a pump. then the stress and my exhusband forcing me to do it, i just gave up. with this one, i have a more open mind, that's for sure. probably because i am not near as immature as before. but i am still scared to death i won't get it right. i just DON'T KNOW!!!!!!!! i was also trying to get some bottles that are close to the same as breast. i feel like this is my first and i have no idea what i'm doing!!!!!! :wacko:

almost a graduate!!!!!!! congrats!! i totally admire you!! :hugs:

michele, thank goodness everything is ok. :hugs:

kalin, did you sleep last night? i DID NOT! :growlmad:

Guppy - I had a dream last night that you went into labor, and when I logged into BnB this morning, I read your post about your new arrival!! I was SO excited! But, then I really did log on and I noticed you haven't posted yet today! Lol... Maybe, you are still in labor?! :winkwink:

I wish your dream will come true!!!! Maybe tomorrow morning. ;)
Went to the loo this morning and had LOADS of plug on to the paper :sick: I was surprised tho as i lost HUGE pieces 2x already in the last 3-4 weeks. I knew it grew back and i knew that its much bigger than most expect. but WOW, WOW, WOW! it is NEVER ENDING! ...hopefully that means im dilating more..but who knows :wacko:

I went to the chiropractor last night and he was very surprised about my hip placement. He said they are so wide! (they usually widen during birth). He placed his hands near my pelvis on my back and said "usually they are here
|---| but yours are here |------|!!! Your pelvis is as big as it should be DURING labor! (and he was impressed that i dont waddle :haha:) so i really really hope that means labor will be starting soon!!!!!!

Anyways, i slept for 12 hours! :shock: just got up in fact :blush:
im off to eat some lunch. Havn't been hungry these last few days...have to remind myself to eat! :dohh:

I don't want to go overdue. :nope:

I am excited to try breastfeeding. I am very anxious - but I am not keen on people being in the room when I first try latching on and my boobies are all hanging out - can I request that they leave to let me try?

Hello! Can I join?!?! I'm from the US! I can't believe I never saw this thread before!

Silas, you certainly can! It is TOTALLY up to you and i would hope that your friends and family would respect those wishes. However, you probably will NEED the lactation consultant in there for a few tries so she can help you breastfeed successfully. Im with you tho, i def do NOT want ppl in my room (besides DH and BF consultant) while im trying to figure out this whole boobie feeding thing! Just bc you have a baby doesnt mean you no longer have privacy! Think some ppl just dont understand that! :wacko:

Welcome Claire!

I actually dont mind, physically being overdue...i just feel so VERY pressured by the medical community to be induced (even tho at this point it is NOT medically necessary). If it was for the threats of induction i would not mind one bit of still being pregnant. I love being pregnant just fearful of induction.

Salis: Time will go by fast for you and before you know it graduation day will be here.
I'm also very excited to breast feed. I can't wait.

Amandaawesome: No worries, I just started posting actively so I can see how you would miss my post.:) OMG I really wished you lived closer b/c those mashed potatoes and cheese sounds great!! If that would put me into labor I will eat it loads of it. lol

Guppy: I lost my mucus plug 2 weeks ago and I'm losing more now. I'm to the point where I'm praying to see my bloody show (tmi) That's good news about your hip. I have a feeling you will be in labor in 1 day or at least I hope.

Claire: Welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->