• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

U.S 3rd tri mommies!

Now, sippy cups I know everything about every kind. Lol... The best and the worst! Luke probably has about 30-40!! :haha: But these damn straw cups are just like trial and error! 99% of them suck! Lol... The only kind I've found that doesn't leak and Luke likes are $5 a pop!!! I don't have that kind of money!! That's why he only has one of them, and I have to wash it like 5 times a day! :(

The only bottles I've used with all the kids in the past 14 years are those Playtex Drop Ins. They used to be great for storing breast milk in till they changed the lip of it, so now I have to get separate baggies for that. Good thing is, they are recyclable!

I'm not feeling the greatest here ladies, no fever, but feel sick... very strange was feeling fine yesterday and I now I actually feel like I have a hangover sorta. Charlie keeps punching me in the hooha all day long, driving me batty.

i hope you feel better Michele!! :( poor thing. Trystin has been kicking me in the hooha all day too. actually kicked me so hard once i leaked a little! i was like holy crap kid.
i should be asleep seeing as how i have to get up at like 7. but of course nope. no sleep for Kalin!! go figure.

Meg-yeahh i think i'm just gonna use traditional sippy cups. like the ones you find in wal mart. i'm not very picky. i really only wanna use em in the car and teach him to drink out of a regular cup at home. i can wish hehe.

soo i just straightened my hair for the first time in months. feels good. forgot what i looked like with it so straight. i should really do it more often hehe. but i did give myself back pain. grrr. my own fault!! 2 more days till my honey is home :):) i'm getting sooo anxious cause Tuesday was have a dr appt!!

No Dr's appts for me till 35 weeks, which is fine, I don't like her anyway. That might be my last one or might have one more after that, I never know. Witch keeps changing things on me, saying she never said them, or she told me about something already, making me feel really stupid.

Tuesdays are John's day off, he takes me to do the shopping if I need to go, I get too tired going by myself. He also 'tries' to help around the house. Thursdays are his paydays, so that's groceries and the obligatory trip to Walmart. Sundays we call family to check in but I've been calling MIL more and more often because of my anxiety, she doesn't mind, she knows about all my fears and I'm pretty close to her anyway.

I just try and keep myself as busy as I can, I really don't do all that much but I have to do something. Might be time to head back into the nursery for more painting, I'm not done yet. It's getting there though.

Thanks Kalin, I'm not a happy person when I don't feel well, I turn into an even bigger baby and make John play fetch. Get me this get me that. eh. Don't like yelling at him to get things but I don't feel like getting up either.

i have missed so much i don't know where to start. i don't know what was going on but i had energy at work tonight. and felt good. maybe i am high on life being nice to me right now?? i got a $40 tip from a strange man. well, he said 20 was for me and 20 was for the baby. :haha: i usually do very well on the weekends and did well tonight too! the people who gave us the truck come in every friday night and my oh comes in with them. so i bought their meal so my weird tip covered it! least i could do for what they have done for me and my family!! :blush:

i have to go get in bed but will catch up on everybody tomorrow before work.

i did read, we have no babies yet. :wacko:

and hi claire!!!!!! :hugs:

oh and thanks for all the bottle responses. reading reviews about avent a lot of people say they leak. but i think that might be what i go with. i'm not sure about this bottle warmer since delmeg said it sucks. ahhhhhhhh don't know what i am doing.

good night everyone!!!!!!

I know this wil be tmi - but my stomach has been messed up since last and I have diarrhea. I have no idea what is going on - but I hope it goes away soon because its embarrassing and disgusting. :|

I feel nausea too this morning - probably because I am awake and wish I was asleep. I probably wont be on much today ladies. Hope I find out before tomorrow that one of you ladies have gone in to labor!!

omg i slept like NONE and i'm the first one on today. :wacko:

are any of y'all signed up for babies r us mailers and stuff? i know the store is over priced but we did buy our bedding set from there and i must say they have sent enough coupons to keep us going back in. they just sent a big mailer and it says you can trade in something old for 25%off of something new!! this includes car seats, strollers, travel systems, high chairs, play yards, bassinets, cribs, and toddler beds. trade in items and purchased items can be from different groups. it lasts until sept 19th. not bad! if you have a hand me down or maybe it's big car seat time for some of the other babies, it would definitely help.

there is also a lot of good coupons in here. kind of surprised. i am running into confusion on just what the heck to register for. i have never had a baby shower before but have to admit i am excited! i already have i feel like is everything i need. well, close. i'm confused.

we have roughly:

crib
-crib bedding set with 3 xtra sheets and mattress pads
-4 waterproof pads to lay over the made bed for accidents
-TONS of recieving blankets (most were hand me downs!)
-several nice fluffy fleece and heavy blankets

travel system
chicco has car seat and stroller

pack and play with changing station
-my heart was so set on a certain chicco one with the bassinet and mobile but my mil showed up with this one one day. it is brand new and totally fine.

fisher price little lamb cradle swing

oceans aquarium bouncer for a bigger baby

chicco highchair
-belonged to my head boss. it is literally BRAND NEW! very nice and no desire to get a different one. it's that nice!

white bassinet on rollers
-came from boss again. i would never have purchased one but it is in perfect condition and came with 3 extra sheets and mattress cover.

small excersaucer they have at walmart
-again, from my boss. it looks brand new too. has less to it then some, smaller and less toys but it's like it just came out of the box!

we also have a TON of clothes up to about 6 months. like ridiculous amount. i was given literally 30 burp cloths, have 3 swaddle blankets, 3 halo sleep sacks, changing station for the top of the plastic drawers we will be using right now. already bought a baby bath tub and have maybe 3 toiletry items.
we have about 9 packs of diapers and9 packs of wipes.

as you can see WHAT THE HECK do i register for? :wacko: i just got a sterilizer and warmer thingy like talked about above. i can register for avent bottles. but who is going to buy that? my mom said people usually buy what they want to no matter what. i have made it very clear to the lady doing the shower i want a disclaimer saying no gift necessary. i don't want to seem greedy! the couple things i did think of to register for are these.

-bumbo chair w/tray
-activity play mat gym for on the floor
-avent bottles and pacis
-bigger car seat for when they grow out of carrier kind (is this rude??? or
acceptable?)
-umbrella style stroller???
-gift cards
-diapers and wipes
-creams and toiletries
-infant teethers and toys
-feeding bibs??
-jumperoo, like the rainforest one or similar maybe??
-small cozy bouncer style chair for when they are tiny they can be put down it???

please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have no idea what i am doing and don't want to register for something and people think i am out of line. i also have this fear of registering for something pricey and them thinking i have my hand out expecting a gift. am i stupid paranoid? also, suggestions on something i missed that i need or you guys have loved. i may have forgotten to list something. i have had pretty much NO sleep and am awake again. i'm off to catch up on your posts now. if i don't die from indigestion first.

ps my lovely oh bought me mcdonald's this morning before he went to work and they FORGOT MY PAN CAKES. the nerve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know this wil be tmi - but my stomach has been messed up since last and I have diarrhea. I have no idea what is going on - but I hope it goes away soon because its embarrassing and disgusting. :|

I feel nausea too this morning - probably because I am awake and wish I was asleep. I probably wont be on much today ladies. Hope I find out before tomorrow that one of you ladies have gone in to labor!!

oh no love. hope you get to feeling better. you have to stay hydrated. i went into preterm labor twice when i was 21 and didn't know it because i was severely dehydrated. once was from a stomach bug. i hope you feel better!!!!! :hugs:

The only bottles I've used with all the kids in the past 14 years are those Playtex Drop Ins. They used to be great for storing breast milk in till they changed the lip of it, so now I have to get separate baggies for that. Good thing is, they are recyclable!

I'm not feeling the greatest here ladies, no fever, but feel sick... very strange was feeling fine yesterday and I now I actually feel like I have a hangover sorta. Charlie keeps punching me in the hooha all day long, driving me batty.

my mom said she used only those too with me and my brother. must be good if they were around THAT long ago. :haha: she was telling me about how good those were too but i let the lady choose when she wanted the avent. at first it was tommee tippee, then the smaller bottles are almost like a ball to hold and she didn't care for that. i know it's silly. it's my baby and he is the one gonna do the choosing but my mom is pretty ill and i want her included in every aspect possible. she has always given me the world when she had nothing herself and i try to do the same for her. my oh and i both are currently trying so hard to get her to move in with us and she will have none of it. you know she's pretty cool when my boyfriend adores her too! haha

hope you are feeling better today!! xoxo

firsttimemommy- have you looked at the Tommee Tippee bottles (think they are only available at Babies 'R' Us tho :wacko: and online) anyways, i am breastfeeding as well, but i just wanted some breastfeeding friendly bottles for later when i want to go out or something (i'll be a SAHM, but im sure DH would like the bonding time as well). Anyways, they have some great bottles for breastfeeding babies! We bought a little kit and so far it seems great. Will let ya know how it goes once they are actually being used.

delmeg- i have SERIOUSLY started contemplating trying to stimulate labor with the breast pump! DH and i walked A LOT this evening, and i dont even have a twinge :( anywho, maybe i will attempt it. I have been leaking since 17 weeks! So maybe it will do something...how long do i pump for? (especially given that i havn't had my LO but surely if im dilating and im overdue it would help a little :shrug:) i hear nipple stimulation is very good for naturally inducing labor, so im thinking it should be a little helpful. Think im gonna :sex: see if that stirs anything up, take a shower (shave :blush: just in case something happens tonight) and go to bed...maybe i will be confident enough to pump...i dont even know how to use the thing! :dohh:

oh guppy! you have the tommee tippee ones? have you tried them previously? all of their stuff is buy one get one half off at babies r us right now. we almost got that kind but the smaller bottles were odd. and a lady shopping in there said that their nipples will deflate down as to where the avent don't. but getting home reading reviews like EVERYBODY says that avent leaks badly. i probably should buy one of every bottle and try it but i have a big fear of my financial situation when i do have the baby and don't want to be caught without what we need. if i could solely breastfeed and had the time here with the baby, it would be so much easier. but i HAVE to work. so i;m gonna HAVE to have bottles. i fear what my hectic schedule and stress will do to me breast feeding too. hopefully i won't give up and stick to it.

i would probably pump if i were in you guys shoes. you can store it if you get something!!!!!! and you never know, it may kick start things. have y'all considered some type of poop medicine to stimulate the bowel and doing that? from what i have read, it is safe, but i might have missed something.
let us know if y'all try it! curious to see if it gives you some good consitent contractions!

Amanda, much sugar this morning or just that good of sleep hun? lol 4 big posts!

Eh, feeling better, going to head to bed here soon, got a lot of painting done in the nursery very early this morning, baked cookies, and hung up the nursery curtains. I'll post pics later on today. I'm going to TRY and get some sleep for a couple hours.

:cry: we tried EVERYTHING last night and nothing worked...I DONT WANT TO BE INDUCED :sad2: I ate spicy food, we walked TONS, i bounced on my ball, we :sex:, had DH do nipple stimulation :blush: i REALLY thought something was gonna happen in the middle of the night and it never did :sad1: Here i am at 10:30AM the next feeling EXACTLY how i have felt the last few weeks- NOTHING :cry: Ahh, i really wanted labor started today bc then i know i can have my MW and my waterbirth and i would have avoided the induction. :cry:

Michele - I totally understand how you feel right now. I thought I was getting a cold on Tuesday, and when I went to the MW on Wednesday, she checked me and told me to get some Tylenol Sinus and Cepocal. :( I've been using it since, but it seems to be getting worse. At first it was just a sore throat, but now it's also a runny nose, head cold, and sneezing. I am also starting to lose my voice. :( It makes me think that I'm going to have to have the c-section, because when I had my c-section with Luke, I had a really bad sinus infection/cold and felt the same way. It sucked, because it hurt like hell to cough, sneeze, blow my nose, etc. I can only hope that something happens this weekend, or else I know I'll be miserable on Tuesday. :( I hope you feel better soon and get some rest!! :)

Amanda - I think you do have a lot of the big things that you'll need for baby, but there are still some things I'd definitely include on your registry. Depending on what size diapers you already have, I would register for diapers in every other larger size. If you get enough packs of each, that would be a huge money saver! :) I'd also register for clothes in sizes larger than 6 months. The baby will be in them before you know it. Definitely register for the bottles, extra nipples, pacifiers, even formula if you think you will be supplementing once you go back to work. Nothing is too crazy to register for these days. I don't think anything is too big to register for either. Some people may end up being more generous than you think. :winkwink: Boppy (nursing) pillow? I would register for two of them, or at least extra covers. I had two and Luke was constantly spitting up or having a huge blowout on them. They are great for naps on the sofa or bed as well. I mainly just used one for feeding and one for him sleeping cuddled in. He still falls asleep cuddled up on it sometimes. Lol... Do you already have one or two diaper bags? If not, register for them.

Musts:
- bibs
- socks
- breast pads
- Lansinoh nipple cream (lifesaver!)
- bottle brush
- baby wash clothes
- 1 or 2 hooded bath towels
- baby first aid kit (thermometer, nasal aspirator, etc.)
- baby grooming kit (brush, comb, safety nail clippers, etc.)
- travel wipes container
- travel changing mat
- baby monitor
- baby book (keepsake book for first lock of hair, first tooth, stats, etc.)

Maybes:
- safety gates
- outlet covers
- cabinet/drawer latches
- snowsuit (snow gown) for winter
- rattles
- baby photo album
- diaper pail
- bottle drying rack
- nursing cover
- breast pump
- scratch mittens
- shopping cart cover
- baby carrier or sling (I love my Baby Bjorn!!)

So, I think that covers it! Lol... Good luck hunn! :)

Guppy - I'm so sorry that nothing worked for you! :( I didn't have the guts to try the breast pump. Lol... Besides, I don't really have the time to sit here for 15 minutes at a time and pump, with Luke wanting me to play with him. Last night, we went over to the neighbors house to watch the football game and hang out for a bit. Luke was running around playing catch with the dogs, and I started feeling a LOT of pressure while I was sitting on the couch. I thought I had to go to the bathroom, and when I went, all I could do was pee. :shrug: I thought, well maybe this is the start of something. We eventually went home, and I was still feeling the pressure and the occasional twinge here and there. I really thought for sure that last night was going to be the night. Well... It wasn't. :( Lol... I'm still here and feel fine now. Besides being sick. :( So much for our stubborn babies coming on their own!!

Hey Guppy, I know your overdue, I know your tired, fed up, cranky, and ready to meet your baby. Can I suggest something?

Take a break from trying to go into labor, give yourself a rest please. Get out of the house with your OH, go have a nice fancy dinner together, go to a movie, and go for a walk. Then good a good nights sleep and tomorrow give 'operation get the baby out' everything you have.

Thats what we did all day yesterday and last night (until about midnight when we attempted everything :blush:)...had myself a fresh lobster dinner at a beautiful restaurant that sits on the bay :D (with my lovely DH of course :wedding:)
and the day before we went shopping. :D ...maybe we should go again ;)
Thats the thing though, im really NOT fed up, or tired, or sick of being pregnant, its not that at ALL :nope: i just dont want to be induced! I feel so pressured to go into labor because of this induction business. I could go many more weeks being pregnant without being bothered, i dont even care that im past my due date (was looking at it as a due month actually), but what i do care about is getting induced and that is what has me on edge-not actually still being pregnant. Ahh. how do i escape this stress of induction? :cry:

Thats what we did all day yesterday and last night (until about midnight when we attempted everything :blush:)...had myself a fresh lobster dinner at a beautiful restaurant that sits on the bay :D (with my lovely DH of course :wedding:)
and the day before we went shopping. :D ...maybe we should go again ;)
Thats the thing though, im really NOT fed up, or tired, or sick of being pregnant, its not that at ALL :nope: i just dont want to be induced! I feel so pressured to go into labor because of this induction business. I could go many more weeks being pregnant without being bothered, i dont even care that im past my due date (was looking at it as a due month actually), but what i do care about is getting induced and that is what has me on edge-not actually still being pregnant. Ahh. how do i escape this stress of induction? :cry:

Don't try to escape it. Embrace it! Maybe then, you'll come to peace with it, and your body will be more relaxed and go into labor on it's own! :thumbup:

I've already come to peace with the fact that my repeat c-section is very, very real at this point. Do I like it? No. But, I know that no matter what, my little man will come into this world safe and sound! That's all I've ever really wanted anyway. I know deep down that I've done my part, and that's all I can do. Now, I want to move forward into motherhood (again, lol... :haha:) with my little bundle in my arms! And that's enough for me!! :)

if it were medically necessary, i would totally embrace it (and i admire that you have been able to embrace a c-section! :bodyb:) but the thing is i am being VERY pressured by the medical community and at THIS point in time it is NOT medically necessary. Will be getting fluid check and scan on monday. If all is fine im still saying no. Wish i didn't know what i know about different medical things, otherwise i could care less. Also wish i didn't care about having an epidural, and i do. I just have a wealth of knowledge and i cant be okay with it when its not medically needed. Now if and when it is TRULY medically indicated, then i will embrace it, but i cant knowing that they want me induced simply because "thats how they do things". I just cant be ok with that.

You still have at least 6 days!! Hopefully, they are booked next Friday and they give you the extra 4! That is 15 days past your due date! If you don't go into labor on your own by then, I would assume their is a reason why you haven't. I have come to terms with my c-section, because I only have 3 days for my body to do it's own thing. At this point, I am done getting my hopes up. But that doesn't mean that you won't go on your own! You have the biggest window to go into labor on your own then all of us. Both Honey and I only have till Tuesday. :(

I do understand what your saying though. I think that as long as they do a non-stress test to monitor the baby's heart rate, an ultrasound to know for sure the baby is doing just fine, and you keep an eye on his movement, then you should probably be able to flat out tell them no. It is your body! I still think that you will go into labor on your own prior to the 3rd though. :) You know we're all here for you!! :thumbup:

if it were medically necessary, i would totally embrace it (and i admire that you have been able to embrace a c-section! :bodyb:) but the thing is i am being VERY pressured by the medical community and at THIS point in time it is NOT medically necessary. Will be getting fluid check and scan on monday. If all is fine im still saying no. Wish i didn't know what i know about different medical things, otherwise i could care less. Also wish i didn't care about having an epidural, and i do. I just have a wealth of knowledge and i cant be okay with it when its not medically needed. Now if and when it is TRULY medically indicated, then i will embrace it, but i cant knowing that they want me induced simply because "thats how they do things". I just cant be ok with that.

Oh hun, don't get me wrong! I admire you for not wanting an induction, more power to you. I had no choice but to get c-section and would have loved to try a vaginal birth but that wasn't in the cards for me. Your baby, your body, your choice!

Kudos for standing up to the medical community! Don't let them push you around! Wish more ladies would be like you, maybe we wouldn't have such crappy health care if we all stood up for ourselves. I'm actually very proud of you hun.

More shopping? lol GO FOR IT! That always makes most mamas feel better!

aww :friends: thanks girls.
You girls are the best! :flower:
So glad to have such a great community of preggo mamas! :D
Well I am off for some retail-therapy :dance: I really shouldn't purchase much but i figure it will get my mind off of things and i'll be doing something fun :D We are going back to the mall in Salem, its an hour drive (one way) so if i dont get on BnB dont worry, its not cuz im in labor :haha: or it could be, but in that case i am texting Monica (her BnB screen name is "want2Bamommy") she will be updating everyone in my journal. (Here is the link to that https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-journals/239474-guppy-little-guppys-preggo-experience.html )

I really do appreciate you girls. So wonderful :flow:
Enjoy your Saturday!

P.S. if any of you ladies are lounging around, Napoleon Dinomite is on MTV. An oh-so-American "classic" :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlzsmuzaffar
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->