U.S 3rd tri mommies!

goodness. is anyone else dying of heat like me!? :(
Oh I am! It's anywhere from 95 to 103 degrees here. Then you add the extra weight gain and baby's body heat to that... yikes! I get a heat rash just getting to the car these days. Once my baby is born I'm not taking her out until this heat has passed!

agh glad i'm not the only one!! i just had to walk to the store behind my apt and i almost died! i was sweating and out of breath lol. now Trystin is kicking. he's probably like "mommy what did you do?!" lol. Hi new mommies joining!! it's nice to meet you guys :)
today was 104 here but feels like 115!! agh. darn heat. i'm SO looking forward to cooler days. or at least some rain to cool it off a little! i've been very emotional today. :( and lonely. i wish my OH was home from work already!

So, we went to Babies R Us tonight hoping to buy a belly cast...and they didn't have any in stock :hissy: Im so bummed! They said i could order it in, but it would take a week and im nearly 39 weeks now! So thats not gonna work :sad1:

Think we will go into town tomorrow and try another place. Someone said "tiny tot land" had them. I REALLY hope so!!!

so what is everyone dressing their LO in for their trip home from the hospital? pictures welcome!!

i'm putting Trystin in a little blue onesie that has 2 little footprints and says "new in town" with little dark blue sweat pants, socks and a little beanie :) i'll post a picture later on when i can take one!

So, we went to Babies R Us tonight hoping to buy a belly cast...and they didn't have any in stock :hissy: Im so bummed! They said i could order it in, but it would take a week and im nearly 39 weeks now! So thats not gonna work :sad1:

Think we will go into town tomorrow and try another place. Someone said "tiny tot land" had them. I REALLY hope so!!!

i didn't even think about doing one of those!! ooh good idea :) i've gotta find one for me and my OH to do!! :D crossing my fingers that you find one!

so what is everyone dressing their LO in for their trip home from the hospital? pictures welcome!!

i'm putting Trystin in a little blue onesie that has 2 little footprints and says "new in town" with little dark blue sweat pants, socks and a little beanie :) i'll post a picture later on when i can take one!

Yay! I would love to see piccy as well ;)
Funny you mentioned this bc i started a thread last week!

Here's my baby's outfit!

https://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af180/Guppy051708/firstpicoutfit.jpg

(oh yeah, its red not pink! lol)

oooh that is soooo cute!!! i refused to have anything winnie the pooh haha. i like it but too many people do it. it's just not me!! but that outfit is adorable!

Thats funny bc i feel the same exact way! that is the ONLY "pooh" outfit in this house...and i want it to stay that way!!! LOL I just didn't want him in blue or white or off green or off yellow. Dont stores realize there is more to the rainbow! even for a boy! LOL I mainly picked it bc its red and i know he will look GREAT in red (assuming he looks like either me or DH LOL)

Here's Charlie's coming home outfit, I made the cap and booties myself, didn't take that long.
https://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq17/Mamabaum77/Charlie%20Stash/ComingHome.jpg

The UK girls might get grants and such but I think that's a one time thing, we get a yearly tax credit. Remember that bundle of joy you're getting adds $1000 to your income! Might be $500 but I know for me and DH it's $1000, I already checked, lol!

As for those of you wanting to do the belly cast, don't bother with the kit. Save yourself some money and go get plaster wrap (ceramics section) from Hobby Lobby or any hobby shop. Much cheaper! Buy extra and you can return the unused one if you don't need it.

I've BTDT 5 times already, a 6th time is a walk in the park. If you ladies have any questions, feel free to ask me.

I have bad heat rash on my thighs and tummy :( ugh I don't handle heat well.
my LO is going home in a super cute striped pink and white sleeper suit. :)

I'm sorry you're feeling lonely, frsttimemommy! *hugs* :hugs: I spent most of my 2nd trimester feeling that way, I'm guessing it's hormones but I don't know. And I have been really emotional today too! I mopped and vacuumed the other day, and my OH tried to help me out by cleaning and he mopped and vacuumed too - which made me feel like what I did wasn't good enough. So I cried for half an hour. Oh my goodness lol

I have no idea what I'm going to bring my baby home in. All my newborn stuff is really blah and typical. I have a really cute pair of pants so maybe I'll just bring the cutest onesie I can find and pair it with that. Honestly I don't want to make a big fuss about what she's going to wear, I mean it'll probably get messy in a matter of hours after having her home. But everyone keeps asking me what her coming home outfit is, makes me feel like I need to buy her a freaking prom dress to come home in or something ol :laugh2:

what is BTDT?! i'm lost haha.
that is an adorable outfit too!! omg. and the little hat and booties are sooo cute!! :)
my outift is a simple one haha.

guppy; glad you understand!! lol. pooh is just too overused! i found alot of orange things for little boys. i looove orange so it makes me happy hehe. but really they don't have much variety for either gender! girls is all pink and purple. boys is all green and blue! i did find some nice brown things though :)

I havn't been able to find clothing that looks really nice for a newborn, just the "blah stuff".
The outift is actually for his "first" official photograph at the hospital. But i think they wait until you're ready to go home to take it. Otherwise i would just bring him home in a onesie.

Yes, pooh is FAR too over done (sorry to anyone who likes him).

I'm sorry you're feeling lonely, frsttimemommy! *hugs* :hugs: I spent most of my 2nd trimester feeling that way, I'm guessing it's hormones but I don't know. And I have been really emotional today too! I mopped and vacuumed the other day, and my OH tried to help me out by cleaning and he mopped and vacuumed too - which made me feel like what I did wasn't good enough. So I cried for half an hour. Oh my goodness lol

I have no idea what I'm going to bring my baby home in. All my newborn stuff is really blah and typical. I have a really cute pair of pants so maybe I'll just bring the cutest onesie I can find and pair it with that. Honestly I don't want to make a big fuss about what she's going to wear, I mean it'll probably get messy in a matter of hours after having her home. But everyone keeps asking me what her coming home outfit is, makes me feel like I need to buy her a freaking prom dress to come home in or something ol :laugh2:

awwwwhhh :hugs: thank you! i get lonely alot cause my OH works out of town every other week so he's gone for 7 days and i'm all alone! :( just me and my puppy Piper :) ahh yes i had to give away my puppy this morning and i cried like a baby to my OH. he was sweet about it though. i just miss that little thing. awh. but he went to a fantastic home!! ahh i'm not doing anything fancy for a coming home outfit either!! just a onesie and sweat pants lol. i figure he'll be wrapped up in a blanket most of the time and sleeping so no use getting something too fancy!!

what is BTDT?! i'm lost haha.
that is an adorable outfit too!! omg. and the little hat and booties are sooo cute!! :)
my outift is a simple one haha.

Been There Done That.
DH actually picked that outfit out.

For you viewing pleasure (it's a work in progress mind you!)
Our Nursery
https://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq17/Mamabaum77/Home%20Improve/S6301463-1.jpg
Stole the idea from
https://www.mywonderfulwalls.com/images/transportation-3-large.jpg​

I still have a lot of detail work to go on it if you've looked at the link. Was going to hold off on doing all the cars and such BUT since I'm way ahead on it already, I'm going to work on all that a little at a time.

oh i love that idea!! it's so cute. i can't paint my apt but i wanna decorate with decals and what not. i'm just sooo uncreative lol. i really am. i want the cute nurseries i see everyone else doing. but i just don't know where to start :( i gotta decorate my whole house!! it's sooo empty and plain. haha.

oh i love that idea!! it's so cute. i can't paint my apt but i wanna decorate with decals and what not. i'm just sooo uncreative lol. i really am. i want the cute nurseries i see everyone else doing. but i just don't know where to start :( i gotta decorate my whole house!! it's sooo empty and plain. haha.

Start with a BUDGET! It's very very easy to spend way too much money on redecorating.

Hello ladies
Just saw this thread so figured I could pop on and say hello. I have also noticed that the UK moms seem to have us outnumbered.

I'm due September 21st, on team yellow. We are from California and after hubby and I being together 7 1/2 years we cannot wait to add our first child to the family.

There are so many more US mommies then I ever expected on here!! It's nice to meet everyone! :)

I am so boring when it comes to the outfit we'll be bringing bubs home in. I actually think it's the same one that we brought our first son home in. :blush: We didn't have the money for professional hospital pictures for our first son, and we don't have the money for this baby either. So, I'm not really worried about it. We are just going to put him in the truck and bring him home, so it's not that big of a deal for us. So anyway, it's a white onesie with little frogs all over it and a pair of green pants, with a little green hat, and obviously a pair of socks. Lol... :haha: It's cute, but not a showstopper or anything. I actually think I changed Luke into a sleeper once we got home anyway. It made diaper changes much easier!

There are so many more US mommies then I ever expected on here!! It's nice to meet everyone! :)

I am so boring when it comes to the outfit we'll be bringing bubs home in. I actually think it's the same one that we brought our first son home in. :blush: We didn't have the money for professional hospital pictures for our first son, and we don't have the money for this baby either. So, I'm not really worried about it. We are just going to put him in the truck and bring him home, so it's not that big of a deal for us. So anyway, it's a white onesie with little frogs all over it and a pair of green pants, with a little green hat, and obviously a pair of socks. Lol... :haha: It's cute, but not a showstopper or anything. I actually think I changed Luke into a sleeper once we got home anyway. It made diaper changes much easier!

Oh man, my son's hospital pictures were horrid! They did not flatter him in any way, lol. So I decided not to buy them. And we took pictures at the hospital ourselves and they are much better. So we are doing the same this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->