U.S. Mommies To Be

Just found this. I'm from Vermont and just found out we were expecting on Sunday!

Hey girls! I haven't been on here in what seems like ages. How is everyone doing?

Hi girls!!!

RosieCheeks- HI!!!! :wave: Your little girl is SOOO CUTE!!!

I'm good. Busy Busy Busy! I've been working about 45 hrs a week (and taking some work home with me on my weekends ugh!). Miss Rosie is sick with a cold and pouring snot out of her nose. I feel so bad for her. I'm working a short day today though because we were up every 35-45 minutes last night because lo couldn't breath right while laying down. She kept waking up crying. I finally got smart at 5am and put her in her swing seat so she was sitting up more. I got 1.5 hrs that time! I'm so exhausted and to top it off Rosie fell off the bed this morning. POOR LITTLE PRINCESS! She is fine though- having no issues from her fall. I can't wait to get back to her and cuddle some more.

How are you doing? You're literally at the "any time now" point.... (but hate to also say... any time between now and 6 weeks from now)

I doing good. so ready to not be pregnant anymore and ready to meet my baby girl. doctor said if i end up going over due date it will only be a week! so a week after my due date is 11-25. one i dont think ill make it to due date but we will see. and im going to be seeing my actual doctor at this next visit and im going to ask her if since a week after my due date is the day after thanksgiving if she will just induce me on my due date. hopeing and praying she says yes. cuz i dont even want the chance to go into labor on thanksgivig and knowing my luck i would lol.

hopefully they dont induce you right around thanksgiving im sure the doctor doesnt want to deliver a baby on thanksgiving..you should throw that in there that you want her to be able to spend time with her family for the holidays then maybe u can meet your LO sooner :haha:

Well good luck!! I know my Dr office was ready to induce by my due date. They tend to offer it right away. I also started getting sweeps at 37 weeks (I was moving a week before my due date and it would have been convienant for her to come then- especially since I had contractiosn stopped... But ya know lol). IDK- They tend to do what you want (especially if you are really sure about it) here.

Loving this new layout

Miss Fox I hope Rosie gets well soon

bbygurl719 Good luck with your last few weeks of pregnancy

Rosie you dissappered on us for a while lol.

So im out shopping and Kaliyah got hungry so I pulled out the bottle and started feeding her.
This random guy walks up to us and says "Aw what a cutie.
I can tell moma has her spoiled because she's still holding her bottle for her.
" I looked at him and asked why he made that assumption. He continues by say "What is she like !3 months and mommy rotten.

I just busted out laughing, told him she was 4 months and his jaw dropped.

In other news Kaliyah can sit up on her own now :)

Im supper happy and now totally paranoid of her falling over

:rofl: HAHAHAHHA ! ! And YAY! For sitting!!!
Rosie slept through last night which was good. I slept amazingly also.

I can't wait to see pictiures of the new babies!

Yeah im hoping they will say yes to induceing on due date instead of thanksgiving week!! but i dont go back to doctors til the 3rd so got to try and be patient until that appt!!

i have an appointment monday with a partner of my doctor since mine is out of town all week so idk if shell be able to talk to me about inducing at all since shes not my regular doctor im hoping to be induced the first week of november if she doesnt come on her own due to the fact that i have to take maternity leave that week in order to have a full 6 weeks with my baby

Aren't you entitled to maternity leave for the full period of time you are disabled by the pregnancy? You should be treated the same as any other non-pregnancy related disability!
I know quite a bit about maternity leave laws if you want some help with that! Depends on the size of your company what leave you get, but if its a matter of payment during leave I totally understand thats different. If they just don't want to give you more than 6 weeks, thats a different issue and may not be legal.

I do want to warn you girls that the risk of a c-section goes up with an induction. As long as you're ok with that, fine, I just don't want people to choose an induction because it sounds convenient then end up really upset at having a c-section.

I went into labor just slightly before 41 weeks, delivered exactly at 41 weeks :) I didn't mind being late, I saw it as more time to myself because LO was coming regardless and my life would be totally different once he did and there is no going back :haha:
I'm so glad he was late because I did get to enjoy myself more, eat out etc. The first few weeks are a nightmare of torturous sleep deprivation.

the only reason y i want to ask about getting the induction on due date is because i would love to have her here for thanksgiving plus i really dont want to go into labor on thanksgiving!!

my induction ended with c section but i think it would have anyways... but it does increase the risk so you also need to think about the potential recovery you would be facing ON thanksgiving if your induction were to lead to a c section. I can tell you it's not easy.

Aren't you entitled to maternity leave for the full period of time you are disabled by the pregnancy? You should be treated the same as any other non-pregnancy related disability!
I know quite a bit about maternity leave laws if you want some help with that! Depends on the size of your company what leave you get, but if its a matter of payment during leave I totally understand thats different. If they just don't want to give you more than 6 weeks, thats a different issue and may not be legal.

I do want to warn you girls that the risk of a c-section goes up with an induction. As long as you're ok with that, fine, I just don't want people to choose an induction because it sounds convenient then end up really upset at having a c-section.

I went into labor just slightly before 41 weeks, delivered exactly at 41 weeks :) I didn't mind being late, I saw it as more time to myself because LO was coming regardless and my life would be totally different once he did and there is no going back :haha:
I'm so glad he was late because I did get to enjoy myself more, eat out etc. The first few weeks are a nightmare of torturous sleep deprivation.

i work for a chiropractors office that consists of me the office manager and the doctor so they are not entitled to give me any leave at all. they are giving me 6 weeks because they dont want to lose me but my fill in has to leave by a certain date so they want me to take maternity leave starting the first week. im almost certain im going to have a csection anyway since every woman in my family (mom grandma aunts cousins) has had to have a csection due to a small birth canal. on monday im goign to see if the doctor can tell if i have a small birth canal cuz i know my baby is going to between 8 and 9 pounds based off my birth size

yeah im open to a c-section. had thought thru whole prenancy that i was going to have to have one being that OH's 2 other girls were breech and came via c-section and thruout whole pregnancy lil aaryella has been transverse breech but i think she has turned since they havent said anything about it!

i wish there was a way to know for sure i kinda prepared myself for a csection even though i really dont want one due to the healing time but if its inevitable that im going to have one i dont wanna labor for 18 hours then go have one! my baby is head down in position to be born vaginally but if my birth canal is too small for her to fit through i dont wanna try

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->