Uk ladies - hospital stay?

Teri7489

Proud mummy
Reaction score
How long were you in for your section? Do you go in hours before it? When can other children visit? Early to ask I know but just making basic plans for childcare for our dd x

Last time I had an emergency but this time I'm booked for the 29th June. I have to be ther are 8am I haven't been told what time c section will be but I'm hoping morning. I have all the pre op information about when I can last eat and drink.

Husband can visit whenever he likes. I have the visiting hours for family etc. siblings are allowed to visit too.

Im guessing its a planned section? Im going in for a planned on monday, ive been told i will be in for two days and i have to be there for 6.30 in morning then i wait and ask where i am on the list of sections, the sections start at 9am at my hospital and they said i shouldnt be waiting till the afternoon unless theres more than 1 emergency section when im suppose to have mine , I cant eat or drink from midnight the night before. I have to go in 2 days before for blood tests etc x

Hubby can stay with me that day but everyone else including my 7 year old has to come in visiting times x

I had an emergency section so not sure about beforehand but my oh was allowed to stay with me the whole time afterwards until I was moved to the postnatal ward. Then he could visit 9-9, others visitors including our children were 3-9. I stayed in for 5 days but my lo was in scbu so the midwife recommend I used the full possible stay. I think the doctor was going to discharge me on day 2 until she stepped in. I'm so glad she did - I genuinely felt like crap and would not have coped being at home

Depends where you are. The lady opposite me had a plan section when I had DD and she had to be in the night before. I stole her spot though as DD was an emergency. Normally discharged after 2 days though, although stayed longer with DS as he had jaundiced and a club foot.

I had an emergency section so slightly different but I had my section at 3pm on the 12th and went home on the 15th, they said if it was before 1pm that day I would of been able to go on the 14th. My children came the next day.

I'm at a different hospital this time and have negotiated a twenty-four hour stay if I need a section :)

I went In to be induced in the morning but when my little one was found to be breech I was taken for a c section and she was out by 1pm. I stayed one night at the hospital and could have gone home after that but went back to our local mlu for 4 additional nights! They really encouraged me to stay as long as I wanted and the electric bed was fab so I made sure baby was feeding well before I headed home.

I had a emergency c-sec with DS and had to stay in for 5 days but he was very small n early :).

DD was an emcs so I don't know about before. I had her at 2145 on the Saturday and we were discharged at 1600 on the Monday. At the RUH in Bath, DH could stay from 0830 to 2100 along with older siblings and any other visitors could come between 1830 and 1930. I think this is still the case now.

I had my little man by elective csection at the beginning of the month, I was told I had to be in at 7.30 am, although I didn't actually go down to theatre until 9.30 and little man was born at 11.00am..my stay this time was very short I went home the next day so 24hrs but they normally like a 48hr stay.

I had my c section on Friday and was home by Sunday evening. I may have been home earlier if they hadn't put my baby on antibiotics.
I think your children are allowed to visit as early as you feel well enough. Just make sure you don't do too much. It is a major op.
I have just had my 3rd csection and it is completely different to my 1st or 2nd. I am in much more pain this time :(

Mine was an EMCS, DS was born in the early hours of the Wednesday, and I was set to come home on the Friday. DS had to be treated for jaundice so didn't get discharged until the Saturday instead.

As far as I'm aware from friends that had elective c-sections they had to go in first thing in the morning of the day their section was planned.

According to my hospitals website planned sections could possibly go home the following day depending on recovery.

I had an emergency section with DD at 8:22pm and was allowed home the next day as I was mobile, eating drinking and peeing well. Baby was also feeding brilliantly so they said there was no need for me to be kept in. I was so glad because as soon as we got home and settled I immediately started to feel better xx

I had an emergency c section, I had her at 4am on the Thursday, didn't get out of recovery and stuff until 6am when my OH got kicked out, I slept from 7am until 12pm, had lunch, fed baby then visitors arrived and I didn't get peace again til 9pm lol. They tried to get me to have a shower but I didn't want them to see me naked so asked if I could wait until next day for my OH to help me, which they let me do and i felt much happier. I got let home at lunchtime on the Saturday, it would have been earlier but my wee one had a mole on her foot that the paediatricians needed to look at first.

In my hospital they have two section teams, one for emergency and one for planned, so if they give you a time it's pretty accurate. Visiting for partners is 9-9 and 1-4 then 5-8 for everyone else (exhausting as you don't get any time aside from meals from 1-8!) try let you home on day 3 but will let you home on day two if you have a particular need - first time around I didn't know what to expect in terms of pain when at home so I stayed three days, next time I will definitely aim for 2!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->