Unusual request - your daily food

superfrostymo

Reaction score
Hi guys :wave:

This is my first post here, but I am a long time lurker. I don't have any kids at the moment as I'm waiting to finish my late starting Uni degree, however this seems a really positive, supportive environment so I'm looking forward to getting involved (particularly in the Christmas section - love Christmas :xmas23:)

Anyway, I know this is a slightly odd request, especially for a first post, but bear with me. I feel like my daily eating has got completely messed up since I started dieting - I don't want to lose anymore weight, in fact I'd even like to put a bit back on, but my idea of portion size is all out of whack and I find myself staring at potatoes in the evening thinking "How many of these does everyone else have?"

Would anyone mind (although maybe not if you're on a really restrictive diet) posting what their daily eating plan looks like? I'm also keen for some ideas for good breakfasts and nice dinners, so feel free to add detail!

Hi and welcome!

A pretty average day for me is;

Breakfast: A breakfast bar (like a nutrigrain or ceral bar) that's if I have anything!

Lunch: Beans on toast/ noodles with veg. Something quick, cheap, fast and simple.

Dinner: Something like Spag bol, stir fry, lasagne etc. Then maybe some fruit and yoghurt or cake for afters.

Snacks: I rarely snack, if I am hungry I may have some crisps, piece of cake, fruit etc.

Pretty average I think. :)

B - bran flakes with skimmed milk
S- apple
L - scrambled egg on a warburtons thins
D - grilled chicken breast salad, lettuce, onion, tomato, cucumber, beetroot, grated carrot.
S - WW yogurt and a hot chocolate before bed.

thats a typical diet day for me.

breakfast - toast with something (peanut butter/ham/dairylea)

lunch - pasta usually - with veg/sauce

dinner - meat and veg/spag bol/lasagne ect

if i have potatoes with dinner (boiled/new/roast) i have 3 x

Breakfast - 2-3 slices of toast with peanut butter or jam
Snack - Couple of biscuits with a coffee
Lunch - Either 2 sandwiches or 1.5 sandwiches with something else like an apple/bag of crisps
Snack - Fruit or maybe a cake or two if we've made them that day
Dinner - tends to be small for me as I eat quickly with the kids quite early. Just normal boring stuff but portion sizes would be as follows for another adult, I tend to split one portion between me and the kids then eat a bit more later when OH gets home:

The recommended portion (on the packet) of pasta per person, I think it's normally 75g uncooked, with a big spoonful of sauce with veg in it, maybe 4-6 Quorn meatballs.

A medium jacket potato, half a mini tin or half a snap pot of beans, big handful of cheese, maybe a tablespoon of coleslaw.

2-3 Quorn sausages, fist sized portion of mash potato, fist size portion of veg (all veg combined, so half a fist size for each if we have two veg).

75g spaghetti with a big serving spoon of veggie chilli/bolognese and a handful of cheese.

Roast dinner would be 3 roast potatoes, heaped tablespoon of stuffing, a meat alternative like Quorn escalope, fist size portion of carrot and swede, half a fist size portion of 1 or two other vegetables. OH would have meat.

Dessert is rare, just occasionally after a Sunday dinner. That would be a big spoonful of something like apple crumble with ice cream, or just ice cream.

I eat whenever I am hungry. Normally i have bread (2 slices) or a bowl of cornflakes or weetabix for breakfast. I may have a bread roll or similar for lunch and i just eat as much as fits loosely on a plate for dinner.
If you are unsure I would suggest you visit a nutritionist.

Brekkie- cereal bar
toast when I get home from school run with peanut butter (2 slices)
choco bar
lunch is sandwich or soup, sometimes pasta
crisps
pear
cake
dinner usually something like spag bol, curry
toast

I eat loads...I think partly as I am still feeding Ally quite frequently!

Breakfast...this morning I had a large bowl of Dorset Cereals muesli with oat milk and chopped figs

Snack...cup of tea with a nine bar

Lunch: ham and salad sandwich, few handfuls popcorn, apple, plum, frozen yogurt

Snack....handful nuts, few handfuls carrot sticks

Dinner...will be paella with salad, followed by chocolate peanut butter brownie :blush:

I usually just have the three main meals, but occasionally throw in a snack or two. I also have at least 3 16oz bottles of water in addition to the meals.
Breakfast- fruit juice smoothie, banana or string cheese
Lunch- frozen meal, beef sandwich, or hot pocket sandwich, greek yogrut, water
Dinner- salad, baked potato (loaded), mini burger, unsweet tea
OR
sandwich, vegetables, grapes, water
OR
5 chicken wings, salad, broccoli, unsweet tea
(My dinners actually vary more than anything else. The others are pretty consistent.)

Breakfast: usually a small bowl of sultana bran or porridge or 1 slice of toast and a fruit salad a little later on!
Lunch: usually humous and veg pitta or a few crackers with soup and some more fruit later on, maybe share a slice of cake with Ivy if we are out!
Dinner: homemade curry with a small amount of rice/sausages with lentils and veg/risotto with salad etc I usually have quite a small portion of carbs.
And when Ivy is in bed I usually have an apple, a cup of chai with honey and sometimes some kind of treat, seems to coincide with my period!

Typical at at the mo for me as I'm watching what I eat is;

Breakfast: 2 weetabix with semi-skimmed milk with a tea or coffee

Snack:banana

Lunch: 3 ryevitas with a slim spread of Philadelphia light. A pack of snacajacks,a nectarine and/or a fat free yoghurt.

3:30pm: a coffee with a ww caramel mallow thingy or a nutri grain bar.

Dinner: may be bowl of pasta, or grilled chicken with salad and veg or chilli con carne etc

I eat quite badly at the moment..

Yesterday I ate
2 slices of toast with butter and jam for lunch

Dinner was 1/3 pepperoni pizza with 2 handfuls of chips and mayo

A strawberry and white choc muffin and a glass of wine

Today I had a white choc muffin for breakfast I probably won't have lunch just a choc bar if I do ill probably have a cheese toastie. Dinner will be eggs and toast.

I really need to start eating better again but since my oldest has started nursery in the afternoon and I'm weaning the youngest I don't have time to eat properly until DH gets home in the evening and I make us all something x

I eat quite badly at the moment..

Yesterday I ate
2 slices of toast with butter and jam for lunch

Dinner was 1/3 pepperoni pizza with 2 handfuls of chips and mayo

A strawberry and white choc muffin and a glass of wine

Today I had a white choc muffin for breakfast I probably won't have lunch just a choc bar if I do ill probably have a cheese toastie. Dinner will be eggs and toast.

I really need to start eating better again but since my oldest has started nursery in the afternoon and I'm weaning the youngest I don't have time to eat properly until DH gets home in the evening and I make us all something

When I ate properly I would eat more like this

Breakfast - sliced banana and blueberries with fat free flavoured yoghurt

Lunch - 2 warbie sandwich thins with turkey, cucumber lettuce and mayo, maybe a mini roll or 2 jammy dodgers afterwards

Dinner - small portion of pasta with bolognaise sauce/ medium baked potato with tuna mayo and grated cheese/ chilli con and potato wedges/ grilled sausages and mashed potato/ hm soup and crusty bread

Snacks would be, grapes, the odd pack of sweets or an ice lolly and lots of tea and coffee x

My usual lately is

Toast for breakfast
No lunch
Raisins/sultanas/pineapple or something similar when I get home
Whatever I have for tea!

50g of porridge made with 200ml water & 100ml milk
an apple
dinner - soup & bread, stirfry, jacket potatos, pasta etc
sometimes i then have a yogurt & fruit after :)

im kind of dieting just now though or id be snacking more. i dont recommend skipping lunch either but i have breakfast at 6am then nothing til i finish work at 2pm & then its an apple on the run to nursery. dont get home til around 3.30pm so too late for lunch by then!

B: usually a slice of toast
Packet of crisps
L: pasta salad/ salad sandwich, more crisps
D: usually something like curry, meat and veg(some nights I'll go without dinner)
Evening I will have cheese and crackers (but not every night) only when I've not had dinner

With a treat of takeaway once a week
I'm not dieting as u can tell, my weight stays stable

A typical day for me would be:

Breakfast - 2 Weetabix with semi skimmed milk

Lunch - cheese omelette with toast or rice then yogurt and fruit afterwards.

Dinner - usually pasta or a curry
2 digestives with a cuppa for pudding lol

Supper - 30g porridge with semi skimmed milk

Drink water and lots of tea throughout the day (decaf)

Breakfast: Porridge Oats.
Snack: Apple or a handful of strawberries.
Dinner: Salad, fat free yoghurt & packet of french fries.
Tea: Varies from curry, pasta salad, WW meal, Toast and Ravioli, etc.

Breakfast: Porridge Oats.
Snack: Apple or a handful of strawberries.
Dinner: Salad, fat free yoghurt & packet of french fries.
Tea: Varies from curry, pasta salad, WW meal, Toast and Ravioli, etc.

What's the difference between dinner and tea? I thought it was the same thing x

My daily food before getting pregnant was

Breakfast-nothing
Lunch-nothing
Snack-pack of crisps
Tea-whatever I cooked eg lasagne and chips,grilled chicken and wedges etc

Since getting pregnant I usually eat 2 pieces of toast for breakfast
Lunch and tea are the same,snacks I still have crisps but also have a yogurt and a piece of fruit

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->