update and mini vent!

LittlePickle

Reaction score
helloooo!!!! :wave:

got so much to catch up on with the boards....you ladies know how to chat huh? :laugh2:

We went for our growth scan yesterday as Chops was showing small and placenta was showing as underperforming...

well, ALL IS NORMAL!!! woohoo! Chops will be a little chap and it seems his legs are short (like his mummy) but within the 'normal' range still.
We don't need to go back for any more grwoth scans but do have one routine one at 34 weeks.

We are SO happy... it's all coming together - and it means that we can have the home birth like we wanted and the midwife has said that we can!! :laugh2:

okay RANT COMING UP.....
I want a sign that says 'PREGNANT' for other people to read...
I have a long body and the baby is hiding in me. although I have a bump, it's not that big and people just can't see it especially when I have my coat on.

I have to commute to work and I get squished and pushed and shoved daily.
not that I want specail treatment - I don't... I just want people to be a little more careful! Some woman squeezed herself into the lift this morning when there was no room.

'Could you breath in???' she said... And I replied... 'no, actually, I'm pregant - it doesn't go in' - She said 'yeah, right, whatever'.

Bearing in mind that this is the lift to go from the platform to the station entrance. I usually walk as it's only 2 flights of stairs (about 30 steps), but have been feeling VERY tired recently and I thought I deserved a treat! :laugh2:

oh well, c'mon Chops... pop out a bit little man - mummy needs people to give her a bit of space!!!!

:blush:
LP
xox

some people are sooo rude. i have to say sometimes even when your bump is highly visible people dont give a monkeys either! you should start coughing and spluttering all over them, that would move them!!

good news about the scan x

Glad to hear your scan went so well. i agree with kiree. cough an sneeze all over them .. im sure that'll budge em. :hugs:

So glad everything is good with Chops, LP and that he's growing well.

My bump is well and truly sticking out now and it was only at the end of last week that a man jumped up to give me his seat on the train for the first time. Before that, people have just stared at the bump and then looked away leaving me to stand on the train into work. :hissy: I have taken to rubbing bump so that it should be clearer that I'm preggers and not just a fat bap. Alternatively, do what one of my friends did and get a pregnancy book out to read - that shamed someone into giving her a seat on the bus. :rofl:

hahahaha!!! love it! get out the preggo book!
:D

Or call someone on your mobile and complain about how hot it is and how you can't believe no one gets up to give a pregnant lady a seat anymore! :rofl: I don't think I'd be bolshy enough to do that!!

Glad all went well with your scan and you can still go ahead with your home birth.

OMG that woman in the lift was so rude!!!

To be hoenst it doesn't make any difference even if you do have a bump! I got on the bus with my hubby the other week and was BLATANTLY pregnant and carrying loads of shopping bags and not one person offered me a seat, even though there are 6 seats that say "please give these up to people who are disabled or in need of a seat" with a picture of a pregnant woman and a man with a cane!! I just stood and gave people evils.

Get a baby on board badge from any underground station - they might have to order you one in, and they're not a magic wand, but they do help a bit. I'm not really showing all that much (being not all that pregnant) and I mostly cycle in, but I took the tube last week for various reasons and had to stand almost every day because I felt uncomfortable pointing out my bump. And then when I did get a seat, I had to give it up for a poor lady on crutches because all of the big brave men needed to read their papers. :(

And then when I did get a seat, I had to give it up for a poor lady on crutches because all of the big brave men needed to read their papers. :(

That's terrible!! It really annoys me, in fact, as it's just a matter of respect and politeness.

Some people are so rude! I have a noticable bump and I've noticed people expecially old ladies just barge past me, a little boy elbowed me in the tummy yesterday and didnt bat an eye lid!

I've noticed its the men who are more polite to pregnant woman!

Great news all is going well with chops, must be a huge relief!

Glad to here your scan went well i have mine tuesday ....as for not looking pregnant i am lovin this warm weather with tight tops and jeans i cant hide my bump :rofl: .with my coat on u cant tell xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->