update on baby Corey - update 9.35pm fri 11th

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow that WAS quick!

I know a really poorly little girl who has been waiting for a match for 5 months too....lucky lucky little boy.

How terrible :( My cousin is also waiting for a match and has been for a very long time. Incredible that they found one so fast.

I'm a bit confused though - what sort of surgery was it? They certainly wouldn't do a kidney transplant on a baby so young - he'd need to reach a certain weight before they'd consider it, and I assume he'd be on dialysis until then so I guess some of the details must be wrong somewhere?

I do hope he makes a quick recovery :flower:

Bumpsmum ask her what hospital she's in and we'll organise something for her :flower:

Im shocked by this, absolutely awful.

Hubby & I are praying for baby Corey & his mummy.

x

My husband, Ethan and I would like to contribute to any cards/gifts that are sent if that is ok?

Thank goodness for some positive news, I have been thinking about this poor family all day and hoping that things work out.

Organ donation is something I have always ummed and ahhed about - I'm going to go and sign up as a donor right now, this case has really touched my heart.

Thanks for the update xx

Wow I can't believe they found a match so fast, so many people are waiting, usually they would have to be put on dialysis for awhile until they got big enough, I'm surprised it's all happening so quickly. I wonder if the match is a family member or something and that's how it's happening so fast. I hope the surgery goes well and he has a quick recovery!

How terrible :( My cousin is also waiting for a match and has been for a very long time. Incredible that they found one so fast.

I'm a bit confused though - what sort of surgery was it? They certainly wouldn't do a kidney transplant on a baby so young - he'd need to reach a certain weight before they'd consider it, and I assume he'd be on dialysis until then so I guess some of the details must be wrong somewhere?

The surgery that Corey has already had I think was a 5 hour or so operation on his obstructed bowel.

[in bold] This is what I thought too. I remember that charlottecco2's little jaiden had to wait until he reached a certain weight before he could have his, and I'm sure he didn't reach that weight until he was about 1? xx

The surgery that Corey has already had I think was a 5 hour or so operation on his obstructed bowel.

[in bold] This is what I thought too. I remember that charlottecco2's little jaiden had to wait until he reached a certain weight before he could have his, and I'm sure he didn't reach that weight until he was about 1? xx

^ That's why I thought that. When I met him back in May he still wasn't at the weight they needed him to get to yet :shrug:

Wow that certainley is some kind of miracle since Charlottes Jaiden couldnt have one until he was a year old and his own father is the donor

A little christmas miracle!!

Thank god for the match! Hoping all goes well and he recovers well. please please!

Hopefully because his immune system is so young, there is less of a chance for rejection. FX

Thinking of them! Hope little Corey pulls through, keep fighting!:hugs:

Hope the takes his new kidney well and is on his way to getting better.

Also think we should all think about the mummy and daddy who has just lost their baby and decided to donate the LOs organs so corey has another chance at life :cry:

Thanks so much for update

praying everything goes okay in surgery! xx

Hope the takes his new kidney well and is on his way to getting better.

Also think we should all think about the mummy and daddy who has just lost their baby and decided to donate the LOs organs so corey has another chance at life :cry:

agreed :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back