Uterine Anomaly Thread (bicornuate, unicornuate, septate, didelphys)

Considering this is my first, I think I'm doing really well. :)

I am really happy to have this thread. I feel like Google is full of scary stories and people posting worst possible outcomes. It's so nice to hear from and follow people who are having normal healthy pregnancies. I'm not the type of person to freak out with all of the "what ifs" and so I'll take it one step at a time.
Dime I'm happy to share this journey with someone who will be experiencing things at the same time :) I hope everything goes smoothly for you! My next ultrasound is next Wednesday and I'm very excited.

I am really happy to have this thread. I feel like Google is full of scary stories and people posting worst possible outcomes. It's so nice to hear from and follow people who are having normal healthy pregnancies. I'm not the type of person to freak out with all of the "what ifs" and so I'll take it one step at a time.
Dime I'm happy to share this journey with someone who will be experiencing things at the same time :) I hope everything goes smoothly for you! My next ultrasound is next Wednesday and I'm very excited.

Hi LiteBRIGHT....I have my U/S tomorrow so I will write an update after.

I had an initial 2 day panic (thanks to Doctor Google) but I am over it now and taking things in my stride too. At the end of the day, I can't change the shape of my uterus - there are just some things that are out of my control so no point in freaking. I was also thinking that women have had these 'abnormalities' since the world began and nobody ever knew before the days of U/S so I suppose power is knowledge (or ignorance is bliss) but either way, it's been identified so we will be looked after.

Google is the devil. Lol When I first found out I had a BU during my first pregnancy ultrasound, the doctors didn't seem worried at all. But I...decided to do some Google Research. It was the worst idea ever. I suffer from anxiety and it made it ten times worse!

Google is the devil. Lol When I first found out I had a BU during my first pregnancy ultrasound, the doctors didn't seem worried at all. But I...decided to do some Google Research. It was the worst idea ever. I suffer from anxiety and it made it ten times worse!

Yep, we've all been guilty of that one....my doctor shrugged it off too so I thought I'd do my 'own research'. And my midwife had already told me prior to finding out about my BU that if I had any questions, to please consult her not Google...!

Just a quick update as promised....they OB today said my uterus is really nothing to be concerned about, she seemed to think it was only slightly out of shape. They are not seeing me again until 20 weeks (the usual after the 12 week scan if they are not concerned). She said they will 'see it more clearly' then but I guess it's a good sign that there was no caues for alarm today.

Happy everything is going well for you both ( Dime and Mama). Its sometimes a scary road having a BU but if you create a good relationship with your doc you wuill be fine.
ONly suggestion is to have cervical scans from 16-20 weeks, i had them every 2 weeks from that point, and turned out my cervix had shortened and softened which can be an effect iof having a BU. Dont want to go into preterm labor so ask about havinbg those ultrasounds done. and atleast you get to see LO every 2 weeks so thats the other positive lol..

SO i had my own scare last friday :(
Was showering and started bleeding, went to the emergency and they think it was a bloody show/ mucus plug..but they arent sure cause as crappy as my cervix has been it isnt dialiated at all....but baby looked great and was healthy so thats all i care about.

Today's my next app and hopefully all is still good...either way if nothings happening on its own my c section is next friday the 15th so im soooo done with swollen everything and painbs and cramps and all the fun stuff that comes along with pregnancy and im sooo reayd to hold this baby and have sleepless nights and stinky diapers!!!

Thinking of all of you and without addressing everyone individually which may take a while, I say a prayer every night and think of you all in it..xox

Great news dime! Thanks for the update! I will second j, i had a cerclage placed just in case die to my previous d&c s and because of the risk that comes along with bu. you probably dont have that risk since your uterus doesnt sound to be a proper bu but rather more of a alight heart shape but there s nothing wrong with asking!

J-wow that must have been some scare!!! Glad everythings fine cant wait to hear what hapenned today!! And i really cant believe you ll be posting a birth story in the next 9 days or so! Go go!!

Little update from yesterdays appointment..So next friday the 15th, i am scheduled for my c section at 10:30 am unless baby somehow turns by then and will just be induced. Cervix still closed and nothings happening but will still have my last app at the doctors office next wednesday. Contractions r getting painful and swelling is getting worst but was told thats ok and expected for this point of the pregnancy.
not gonna lie, getting a little freaked out now that this baby has to come out one way or another lol...

Hahaha well hun baby is coming out whether you like it or not! Do you prefer to have a c section? I d be very surprised if it turned considering the lack of space but you never know...nat literally turned the wrong way round 3-4 days before labor started!! Good luck hun, you re about to experience the happiest most intense moment of your life!

Hey sbl! I think it was j's programmed section today! I hope it went really well and she s holding her little miracle right as i m writing this!
We re doing well, nik is on antibiotics because of tonsilitis but nat is still going strong...i think she s got the antibodies from bfing! How s your girly doing?

How is everybody doing??
xx

I hope her c section goes smoothly! I had my second ultrasound yesterday and things are looking good. They weren't able to identify what shape my uterus is, just that they are pretty sure that it is not totally split in two. That was good because it means a lower chance of preterm labor :thumbup:
It was nice to see the baby as now it actually looks like a baby. And the ultrasound tech was nice enough to give us 9 pictures! All in all things seem good :cloud9:

Good luck to J!
LiteBRIGHT, glad your appointment went well. Sounds similar to mine in that they couldn't see the exact shape (weird though, i thought they'd be able to when you can see the baby).
I'd totally forgotten about the uterus thing because I've had liver blood tests come back high and had to go for more so my mind's been preoccupied with that but I'm proud to say I have not consulted google (ok, once but just to see what they were testing me for). I've got a midwife appointment next week and I'll get the results but she said its common in early pregnancy.

LightBRIGHT glad your appointment went well hun! It is really difficult to determine the shape of your uterus once you re pg and after some weeks because your uterus stretches to make space. So your has probably stretched enough to be able to say that it s got good space which is really good!! Would love to see some of your pics!!

Dime- dont worry about the liver thing...during my 3rd tri i started itching a lot and my doc was sure my liver wasnt functioning well. Despite that he said it s no cause for major concern. I hope your mw has good news to calm you down!

Hi girls!
Oh I hope J and bubs are doing good. I just thought of them yesterday and said I'd write.
Oh chistiana, I hope Nik gets better soon. I am sick myself :( fed up of it now.
And its St. Patricks day here tomorrow so I will be missing it which is crap as its Eva's first one.
Glad to hear your apps are going well ladies.
xx

Thanks hun he s much better already! I hope you get better soon and that you still manage to do something nice with eva tomorrow!

Hey everyone!!! So Friday at 11:18 Brooklyn Ava made her debut to the world!! Weighing in at 7pounds 7ounces and 20 inches long! Was quite the c section, she was so stuck in her breech position and my body was not co operating that it took twice as long to get her out and 2 doctors one pushing from on top and the other pulling to get her out!all I will say is it was quite the violent c section ad my body is quite sore but beyond worth it!! Thank you all for the kind words and support and when I get home this week ill post a pic!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->