Uterine Anomaly Thread (bicornuate, unicornuate, septate, didelphys)

Hi Dime! Congratulations on your pregnancy and welcome to the what i guess we should call now the Uterine Anomaly thread!
I have Unicornuate Uterus, I had zero complications from it except for preterm labor @35 weeks. I had a healthy 5lbs 1oz baby girl.
Let me say GOOGLE IS NOT YOUR FRIEND!! Stay away from researching it will not make you feel any better.
xx

You are so right.....Google does me no favours! I am going to do my best to stay well away!

Good advice sbl!!! Dime i drove myself crazy reading what could have should have would have happened with bu and pg!! Stick around, we have all been through the difficulties of bu and many have come out with positive stories!!

Sbl- i ll try to edit the title, you re right!!

Seriously what happened to the original title of this forum? lol...welcome to the club Dime...atleast your BU doesnt sound too severe which is great. MIne is pretty much 2 seperate uteruses so my baby is laying transverse :( saw her at my last ultrasound last week and her head is slightly elongated cause shes been stuck in the same place and position for so long lol... so last thursdays app i was told she weighs about 5pounds2 ounces...is that normal for almost 36 weeks? atleast she didnt take after her fathers side..theyre all 10 pounders loll

Hi J-1983.....well I have another scan booked for the 06/03 and now I'm armed with a little more info, I will ask them exactly what's going on in there. I re-read the notes, and what it actually says is acurate/bicornuate....surely it's one or the other? Good news is it goes on to state that the fetus has implanted correctly, so I guess he meant in a preferable spot. I live abroad so not only am I getting all this new info but I'm getting it in a foreign language so it's overwhelming at times.

Hey j! I thought we should no longer call it the bu thread as we have so many different diagnoses in here (which reminds me...is yours didelphys???) that s a great weight for 36 weeks, if you go to term you re looking for a good 7 pounder which is great! And to have made it so far alOng with two completely seperate sides is wonderful!!!! Cant wait for more news, we are soon to have a new baby in the thread!!!

Dime- i think arcuate and bu are different diagnoses but i ll have a look!! Good implantation is key so you really shouldnt worry...most problems come from bad implantation spot imo, lack of space is really secondary and usually i d just say if anything we make it to 34-35 weeks at least which is really not bad!

Dime an arcuate uterus is almost as good as a normal uterus which is great! I hope this is your actual diagnosis!!

Yes, I double checked with my midwife, she said they will clarify the 'type' at my 12 week scan and we'll know the severity of it then. She said they'd probably see me more often that they would usually but not to be concerned. I'm feeling much more relaxed about it all now......out of my hands anyway, right!

I'm in Spain, but from the UK.

Hey ladies! hope evryone is doing well! Had m weekly appointment yesterday and cervix isnt doing anything which is funny cause thats what we worried about the whole pregnancy and me being on bed rest...so now that i am free to walk around im too heavy and tired to lol....c section is scheduled for 2 weeks tomorrow making baby girls bday the 15th unless she somehow decides to make an earlier appearance (which will make me 39 weeks and 6 days lol).

cant believe ive made it this far...just so anxious to meet her and strat "living "again.

Hello all. I got told at my first ultrasound on Monday that I have a bicornuate uterus as well. I'll be ten weeks tomorrow and go for another scan at 12 weeks to better identify what shape we are looking at. When the technician first told me she saw another chamber in my uterus I had no idea what that meant. Then the doctor explained it to me. I'm really trying to remain positive :) I was just bummed when I found out the odds of having a c section as I really had never entertained anything but a natural birth. Someone was kind enough to give me the link to this thread. I'm looking forward to reading lots of success stories!

J woooowwww you ve made it really far hun, well done!!! And of course your cervix would just stay nice long and closed...you worried too much it just has to make fun of you!!!(just joking!!) cant wait for an update!!! Enjoy the remaining too weeks babe, you re gonna miss your bump once it disappears!!

Litebright- welcome and congratulations on your pregnancy! I know they say the chances for a vb with a bu are slim but i had my son naturally at 38+4 so dont worry about it yet, t could well happen!!! And as for success stories take j and we have many more in here!!!keep us updated and anything you want just shoot!

Aw j well done! You wont find the next couple of weeks flying by. And I second chistiana, you will miss the bump!! Enjoy your last few weeks hun.

LiteBRIGHT...welcome, so many success stories here, no need for google! It'll only scare you. I had my lo @35 weeks weighing 5lbs 1oz, healthy as could be. No issues with UU during pregnancy except the early labor of course.
I hope you have a good pg and any questions we're here!!

afm, My sister started her cancer treatment today with an operation on her breast. So tired myself as I've been helping with her kids and worrying about my sister.
Eva had her 3 months app today and she weighs whopping 12lbs 6oz! She's doing great.

How are you ladies?

xx

SBL - wishing your sister a speedy recovery and lots of love and happiness to you all x

Hi Litebright...I'm in the same boat as you, waiting for my 12 week scan which is this Wednesday to find out more. A good friend of mine also has a BU but didn't even know until after giving birth do I guess it really should alarm us since it seems more common that I at first thought. Funnily enough I was quite happy at the thought if a C-section but I suppose it's a personal choice....as my cousin said, I'm clearly 'too posh to push' - I love that LOL.

Sending out big love and warm wishes to the lady whose sister is going through the cancer treatment.

Hey sbl how did the operation go? I really hope it went well and this whole thing is soon behind you all. Try to take care of yourself too hun, you're handling a lot at the moment.Great weight gain for eva, go go!!! Natalia was only 5 kg at 3mths!
Afm- natalia is trying to walk, wont sit still for a minute! Nikolas is becoming increasingly gealous and pushes her "accidentally" every now and then!!

Hello, ladies! Just wanted to give everyone an update since I've been so mia! As of now I'm 26 weeks (can't believe I'm almost in the third tri!) and everything is going good so far. I haven't had any bleeding since the first tri, and at my last ultrasound at 20 weeks everything looked great for my baby girl. I have my next appointment in 2 weeks when I'll have my glucose test and then I'll have an appt. every 2 weeks after that. He doesn't seem to be too concerned with my BU (he does have high risk training) and from what I can personally tell from my scan pics my uterus doesn't look too bad.

So as of now I'm just dealing with all sorts of symptoms.. horrible heartburn that makes me throw up, the return of morning sickness (yuck!), back pain, and I've had a couple of what I believe to be braxton hicks contractions, but I've heard those are normal so I'm not TOO worried. And the baby's been kicking up a storm!

I can't believe my girl will be here in less than 14 weeks!!! I'm nervous but also getting very excited!

Hope all of you are doing well!

Lacey- wooowww 26 weeks that is wonderful!!! You re actually only 11weeks to being full term!!! Braxton hicks at 26 weeks are very normal and might i add good...they train your uterus on what to do when the time comes!!! Congratulations hun, you re cery close to holding your little miracle in your arms! Looking forward to a nice update in 2 weeks!!

Hi ladies. It has been a little bit since I last came here. Everything is going good. We reach the 6 month mark this Saturday. We found out we are having a girl :) We are very exciting. Right now we are just planning our Dr Seuss nursery! I can't believe how fast everything is going by. My dogs are definitely in tune with what is going on. They are rubbing and up against my belly all the time now lol I love it!

Hey mamaxo great to hear from you! Yyaaayy for your little girl, love the name! We re having so many success stories (touch wood) people with bu should only read this thread!!! And well done you re almost into the third trimester!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->