Uterine Anomaly Thread (bicornuate, unicornuate, septate, didelphys)

Littlemama- sorry to hear af arrived hun but at least it didnt take too long to come so hormones are back to normal which is really good! Keep your energy and thinking positibe babe, i feel like i know you since we ve talked for so long now and you re the one person i believe truelly deserves and will ger her rainbow!

Sbl- ow eva always looks soooooooo adorable in your pics!!! She ll soon be cruising the furniture!! So happy your sis is doing well, i hope this is really all behind you now! As for af i ve read somewhere us bu/uu (whaterver misshaped u!) ladies are in so much more pain with af. Mine usually lasts only 3-4 days but it kills me! Thank god i havent had one in soooooooooooo long i ve forgotten all about it! Enjoy the sun!!

Afu- nik is fully potty trained, yaaay!!!nat is still trying to walk but she s such a control freak she doesnt want to let go of my hand!

I believe the af is more painful thng b/c I also had endo but it was only stage 1 and they removed it however even after the partial septate removal and the endo removal I still had very very painful af's. My mom told me that here cramps kinda felt the same as labor pains. So if thats the case then maybe I can do this naturally lol. But I seriously doubt it. :dohh:

I have also heard that sometimes it has something to do with blood and clots in the cervix trying to pass and once you have a baby vaginally then the cervix always remains a little open b/c it stretches and does not go back so it makes af a lot less painful. I am hoping this is true b/c like I said the septate removal and endo removal did nothing to help however I think af got heavier. :dohh:

Monro i m sure you can have a vb hun and do just fine af it! I ve had a vb with my son and even though it did hurt A LOT at the moment a minute later it was all forgotten! I would do again 20 times over! I ve only had like 2 af since the birth of my son (3yrs ago) and they were both very painful as far as i can remember but who knows, maybe i m the exception because the open cervix bit does make sense!

Btw doe any of you ladies also have a single kidney instead of the two??

2 kidneys here but one works better than the other I've been told. Also hyperemesis really affects your kidneys and liver so could be that with me.

I was told my one kidney might have something to do with mu su so i was really wondering if it s related..

thanks christina I do plan on a vb I was talking about no meds but my plan is to have med's unless he decides to come to quick for them. I really don't want a c section unless the baby or I am distress or at risk for distress. I have heard that kidney problems as in only having one or having problems with your renal tubes that go to your kidneys is related to the uterine anomalies. I have however never been checked however I am pretty sure I have both my kidneys but I do get frequent uti's but for some reason I have not had one since being pregnant (not that I am complaining) knock on wood:dohh:

Good on you hun, they say meds are not that good for the baby in any case! I asked for an epidural when i was 3cm dilated with my son by i got to 10cm and had given birth within 10 minutes from the moment i asked for it so i really dont know of it would have made a difference!

Hola Ladies,

So on Thursday I have the 20 week scan - do you ladies think they will be able to tell me if I am going to be a likely case for a C-section and whether baby has room to grow in there?? I have been putting all this to the back of my mind but now the next big scan is approaching, the questions are buzzing around again.

Hola Ladies,

So on Thursday I have the 20 week scan - do you ladies think they will be able to tell me if I am going to be a likely case for a C-section and whether baby has room to grow in there?? I have been putting all this to the back of my mind but now the next big scan is approaching, the questions are buzzing around again.

20 weeks is still a little early for them to be able to tell you definitively weather or not you will need a section. What they said to me was prepare for a section if baby turns well and good. But they didn't say for sure I was having a section till 34 weeks, 1 week before birth and bubs had been breech for about 12 weeks at that stage.

Dime- i had my ultrasound the morning i was scheduled for my c section to double check she hadnt turned( once open my doc realised she would have never been able to as she grew half in one horn and half in the other and bum on my cervix) so dont worry about her position till the end.

Dime i echo what the other ladies said! My son was head down from week 31 and never changed but my daughter was head down until about week 34 and a bit, doc told me there was no way she was going to change positions but then at 35weeks she turned to footling. So you really cant know fir a long while still! Have a happy 20w scan though!!!

Hi ladies, I'm also starting to wondering if I should have a section. On the plus side I could keep my stitch, which has done a great job with my incompetent cervix, so would reassure me next pregnancy. Plus I'm worried she's going to get stuck (she's measuring Big! ) of course this is assuming I go to term.

Advice appreciated!!!

Chocolate I don't know, but if baby is head down I'd say they'll more than likely want you to have a vaginal birth. What her position? Also is a cerclage good indefinitely? xx

I would not rely on the measuring big b/c my SIL just had her baby boy at 38 wks 2 days she had and US I think last wk maybe a little longer ago and said he was b/w 7 1/2 and 8 lbs and she said at 22 wks he was measuring 6 lbs and she said her dr told her around 30 wks that if she went to term he would be 14 lbs lol.:dohh: I am thinking that she misunderstood something or she exagereated what the dr told her a good bit lol.

Also I don't think that a cervical stitch (mcdonald) can stay in after birth. But if you have an abdominal cervical stitch it can. They sometimes put one of those in before you get pregnant but usually not after.

Hey chocolate, i too dont think all kinds of cerclage can stay in for good... I had a c section but they still took my cerclage out once the proceduce was done. Why would you opt for a c section though? I ve had both and i can tell you in total the vb was way less painful than the section. I was up on my feet within 4 hours plodding along while with the section i was in pain for a good 10days and uncomfortable for a long while after that.what does your doc say?

Chocolate- I only had a c section and the recovery has been wort than i thought. I knew it would be painful but have vbeen overwhelmed by how painful it was iniatlly and how long it takesto start to feel normal. Im 7 weeks out today and i still have soreness and back pain from the spinal, as well as not being able to move around for a the first few days to weeks cause of pain which makes taking care of lo harder. If you have a choice go for the vaginal birth! just my opinion lol

Dime I'm right there with you as I have my 20 week appointment next week. I know its too early to tell, but I feel like I might need a lot of time mentally to prepare for a c-section. The doctor told me around 28 weeks if the baby is breech the odds of her turning are slim. I figure that'll give me a good idea and enough time to prepare myself. Hopefully!

Hey ladies, all went great at the 20 week scan....I was so nervously excited about finding out if all was going well with baby and the gender that I totally forgot to ask how my uterus is coping - can you believe it??! It must be ok I guess because nobody mentioned it although I really must remeber to bring it up next time.

Litebright - write yourself some notes if you have any queries because my head just went as soon as baby appeared on the screen.

We found out we are expecting a little Violetta! We're over the moon.

Great news dime!!! Congrats on your little girly! Same thing would happen to me...i d go with 100 questions and ask 2!!! But i agree, i think they would have told you if there was anything to know about your uterus! So yaaaayyy!!

Thanks for all the advice ladies. I was convinced the stitches could stay, but now I'm not sure! Waiting to hear back from Prof Bennett. I have a modified shodikar and an occlusion stitch lower down to keep my plug in.
I felt my consultant was leaning toward me having a section at 38 weeks, perhaps just to keep everything under control and be sure baby is safe. If I'm losing my stitch either way then I'd go for vaginal I think!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->