Uterine Anomaly Thread (bicornuate, unicornuate, septate, didelphys)

Ow tiff i m so sorry about your scare. It s really hard to say what will happen..did they give you medication to continue using when you feel the contractions coming? I can only tell you from my experience..i kept having contractions from veeery early on and they were everyday but i was taking yutopar (meds to stop contractions) from week 13 to week 35 (when dd decided to make an entrance!). Did your doc advice you to rest maybe a lil bit more? And drink lots of water..helps stop contractions. I really hope your bub stays put for a while longer and to be honest i kind of think contractions at this stage are normal as long as they are not too intense or constant. Keep us updated and try not to worry too much about it. Ow and also...did you have an us? Did your baby have a lot of water around it if you did?

Sorry I can't be of any help tiff I had no experience of contractions until I went into labour at 35 weeks.
As chistiana has said maybe they can give you something long term to help?
I was told to drink lots of water and I did rest as much as possible. Towards the end I hardly did anything at all so as to not put any undue strain on my body.

I hope bubs stays put for another few weeks hun.
xx

No I didn't have an US, he was responding so well on the monitor I guess they didn't find it necessary. I have a follow up appointment on Friday morning with my doctor. I really hope that he does an US even if it is just to check fluids and placenta function. Cause his movements seem less and not as strong. I also was not given any medication to keep taking :(. I really just hope my bub stays put for a little bit longer.

Sorry I can't be of any help tiff I had no experience of contractions until I went into labour at 35 weeks.
As chistiana has said maybe they can give you something long term to help?
I was told to drink lots of water and I did rest as much as possible. Towards the end I hardly did anything at all so as to not put any undue strain on my body.

I hope bubs stays put for another few weeks hun.
xx

Thank you, I find I get menstural like cramps if I walk around too much. Not sure if thisbis related though.

Tiff i only asked about the us because my doc could always tell if bubs was getting squashed by how much water he/she still had around. Kicking getting weaker is normal towards the end as they run out of space but it could also be as simple as bubs having a few quiet days...i was in and out of l&d a few times with natalia as she kept being super quiet and got me all stressed out! Stay in bed for a few days, put your feet up, drink up and tell bubba to stay put! I m sure scares like this happen all the time to most women.

Well on my last US on the 9th his fluid levels were perfect so I am sure that's not an issue now that I think about it. Yea he is probably just running out of room a lot faster due to the BU.

That said my son had run out of space very early on but went on to 38w4d

That is good to know, I want my bubba to cook as long as possible :).

Its hard to say tiff.
Eva was low like that she kicked the crap out of my cervix and boy did it hurt. How long has he been in that position?

It is so exciting for me to see your post--and that it took 2.5 years to conceive Eva! This gives me so much hope. I hate the term "infertility." I hit that medical marker this past month, and it just felt like the most devastating blow.

Thanks for the hope!

]

It is so exciting for me to see your post--and that it took 2.5 years to conceive Eva! This gives me so much hope. I hate the term "infertility." I hit that medical marker this past month, and it just felt like the most devastating blow.

Thanks for the hope!

Ah I'm glad my post has given you hope hun.
Is there a reason for you not conceiving?
Don't give up hope. My aunt was trying for 15 years and then she went on to have two babies.
Miracles happen
:hugs:

TIFF- I was on meds also from week 18. Or so till the end cause of contractions. I was told by my osteopath that the reason lots of women with bu's have this is cause half ur uterus is already expanded as much as. It's supposed to. with normal people they have a normal uterus to stretch double the size at 4oweeks so makes sense that half of it would be "ready to give birth at the halfway mark of around 20 weeks.

Also menstrual cramps r normal during pregnancy especially for bu ladies according g to my high risk doc.

Good luck and I'm sure everything g will go just perfectly!!! Send lots of love to all you ladies!!!!!!

Here's a. Pic of Brooklyn on Halloween dressed as a bunny!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 1
Hi girls! :hugs:

How is everybody?

J- Brooklyn is soooo cute!! What an adorable pic.

Chistiana- How are you and the kids? How's work going?

Tiff- How's that bubba cooking?

Well Eva is has hit the big 1 year old!
I can't believe how quickly this past year has gone. It truly has been brilliant.
She's starting to walk and talk now. I mean where did my little baby go?? :haha:
Its amazing seeing her little personality shine.

Here's a pic of Eva on her big day!

Hope you all are doing great.

:hugs:

Attachments

• eva birthday 5.jpg
    eva birthday 5.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 2
Oowww sbl eva is just the perfect mini princess! Happy birthday!!! She seems such a happy baby!!!

We re doing well, nik is well settled at nursery and natalia is just basically bossing everyone around. She s the youngest of all cousins and the only girl and yet everyone just follows her around running errands for her!!!
Work is good, i m really enjoying it tbh and the 3 weeks x mas holidays are a bliss!!!

How s everyone else doing??

Hey ladies sorry I have been so absent after my previous post I just figured out how to subscribe to a thread so now I know when a reply is posted. Well bubs is doing well, I am 35 weeks 4 days, baby is still breech and he has dropped. I am still getting the cramps in my back and period area. I am ready for him but want him to stay put a little longer. I don't think he is going to turn :(, he has till Monday and if not C-section it is.

Hey tiff! Ow well hun i know a c section is not ideal but go back and imagine someone telling you you d have no complications with the pg, you d have a perfectly healthy bunddle only you d have to deliver via c section... You would have taken the deal hands down right?? Of course he might turn by monday, nat turned at 35weeks so you never really know and who knows maybe bub is comfy in there and will use all the time to be ready and he could turn later on... Why is it only until monday and then c section? Why not just go by whenever he s ready and when the time come see and decide? Am i making any sense???
Anyway what matters is you ve made it so far, well done hun, another great story.. We re waiting for the happy arrival of your baby but not just yet!! :)

I am not sure I guess because by Monday I will be 36 weeks 2 days and they want to schedule the section for 39 weeks which would be two and a half weeks later. I guess they don't want to run the risk of an emergency C-section, which honestly to me I would rather know for sure so I can prepare mentally for the procedure. I don't mind how he arrives just that he gets here safely is all that matters to me. I already feel blessed that he has done so well given the anomoly.

I wish I had the choice but dr gives me no choice but but section at 37 weeks due to my uu and previous surgeries :(

I have been having tightening and hardening for several weeks so at my last appt I told my ob... Everything checked out fine (cervix length was 3.4-3.5, no funneling, baby with normal growth and measuring ahead) but he was concerned somewhat as it's early for BH which he said that's what I was having. I am already on high dose progesterone twice daily but may be switch to the shot if things aren't calming down. I now have to go every 2 weeks (next appt dec 11) b/c of my symptoms. I noticed when I work it's worse. Since I just had several days off due to the holidays it has been so much better. I'll relay that info to my dr. Hopefully he doesn't take me out of work but I'm already on the lowest duty stuff and still have it. We will see. I really don't want to be out of work until baby comes but if that's what it takes.

Mobaby dont worry hun, i m sure your doc knows best based on your history. Now re the BH i got them as early as 20 weeks with dd, with your cervical length i m sure it s not to be concerned! How about you try to stay another couple of weeks off work until v day and then slowly go back? Could you do that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->