Uterine Anomaly Thread (bicornuate, unicornuate, septate, didelphys)

I had diarrhea for a couple of days before I had lo too!
You could be close Tiff!

Phaedypants- hey! Sorry about your mc last fall, i know it s extremely dificult especially if you have trouble ttc. Re your situation..27th of december would make you approximately 11dpo right? If that s right then a frer should give you an accurate result that morning (although definitely not 100% accurate). Another solution (i dont know if you can do it over there) is to go get a private blood test the night before. Again it wont be 100% accurate (especially if you implant late) but it will be more accurate than the frer. What time is your appointment? If you do go ahead with it take the test right before but make sure you hold your urine long enough. I dont know what else to suggest. Why are you doing the MRI btw??

My ob-gyn booked the MRI to get a better look at my uterus. I am so new to this, and the information I've found online is confusing... My BU diagnosis was with an ultrasound, and apparently an MRI could give a better picture of whether it is Bicornuate or Septate or .....alien?

I don't know. From what I read, it seems like they should do the laprascopic thing to diagnose me since there are options for intervention depending on what they see..... but, what do i know?:wacko:

I had a MRI and my uu wasn't seen. It wasn't seen on 3 saline ultrasounds or plain uterus ultrasounds either. It wasn't until I had a lap that they found it (lap was to remove fibroid).

I too had more than 3-4 3d scans, several doctors tell me it was bu, one told me su, did a resection, failed, then more docs insist it was a bu (especially after the vb of my ds) only to find out its a bad case of su at my c section.
I sure hope the MRI gives you more certain results.

Phaedy- They told me I had a bicornuate after ordinary us and saline. Only during my C section did they say I had a Unicornuate.

Sounds like you should push for a lap instead of an MRI it seems like it could be missed easily.

I hope it mean I am close but I know for sure I will have him on Jan 3rd for sure as that is my c-section date.

Wow... Thanks for the responses, everyone. And you all confirm what my instincts have been telling me.
I have a pretty nice Ob-gyn.... Hopefully she's open to suggestion. I don't particularly like the idea of radiation, pregnant or not, to tell you the truth.

MRI doesn't product any radiation :)

But for best diagnosis I think lap/hysteroscopy is the best way to go just IMO. They can see exactly what is going on and fix it at same time.

Well I had an appointment on Wed. My Bp was 154/84 seemed high to me but the doctor didn't mention anything. Also no more appointments till my c-section on the third because my doctor is going out of town. So I am irritated that I am not being monitored closer.

Aww tiff :( sorry! No appt next week? Seems odd to me....

I went to dr today and no more funneling this week. Actually none at all. It seems to have cleared up for now. I'm off a couple days this week and then next is a short week so hopefully by staying off my feet so much it stays gone and doesn't come back. I go back next week and I get to schedule my c-section at my 28 week visit. Exciting!

Tiff- I think thats really terrible they are not caring for you as a high risk patient.

Mo- Great news on the funneling or lack of! Hopefully thats the end of that for you.

Sbl: I honestly think my doctor is too wraped up in his vacation to care about me or my baby and that does not sit well with me. I will be searching for a new obgyn my next pregnancy.

Mo: That is great to hear you are doing better. Just take it easy as much as possible.

Great news mo, chill out as much as pos now, short cl or funelling is usually no longer an issues after 28 weeks so if you made it this far with no funneling you re good to go!!

Tiff- i m sorry hun, your dic sounds very unprofessional... Anyway just take care of yourself i m sure your new year bub will do just great!

Hi ladies! I figure I'll join in here. I'm almost 8 weeks along now. Dh and I have been ttc#1 for 3.5 years with 6 losses prior to this (none of which made it even close to this far.). We believe that the major player in my losses was a fairly large septum. I've had 2 surgeries to remove it and it's finally gone, but in it's place is left either a bicornuate or arcuate uterus. No one can tell me which since the outside of my uterus seems to be fairly coy and there is an indication that there *might* be somewhat of a tiny dip, but nothing clear enough to say yes or no. In either case, I've had a specialized u/s done at 7dpo to test the blood flow in my uterine lining during implantation time and that was found to be good all the way around.

No idea yet if this is going to end up causing me any complications in this pregnancy or not, but I figured I'd join in here anyway. :)

Welcome and congratulations on your pg dodger! I am so so sorry that you had to go through 6 losses for a stupid septum. Grrrmmfff i hate septums! Good thing you got rid of it plus i think that even if it is a slight bicornuate uterus it wont really affect your pg. Arcuate uterus i believe is generally not an issue anyway. So that said YAYAYAYAY!
Plus if you read through this thread you will see we have almost 100% success/ happy stories to share! We re a lucky thread lol!! I really wish you a h&h pregnancy hun and anything you need to ask or talk about we re all here and very happy to help!

Welcome and congratulations on your pg dodger! I am so so sorry that you had to go through 6 losses for a stupid septum. Grrrmmfff i hate septums! Good thing you got rid of it plus i think that even if it is a slight bicornuate uterus it wont really affect your pg. Arcuate uterus i believe is generally not an issue anyway. So that said YAYAYAYAY!
Plus if you read through this thread you will see we have almost 100% success/ happy stories to share! We re a lucky thread lol!! I really wish you a h&h pregnancy hun and anything you need to ask or talk about we re all here and very happy to help!

Haha! I think I implied the wrong thing. :p The inside is still fairly strongly dipped, but the outside is very faint and they are unsure that they are actually seeing anything other than the normal straightish line indicating an arcuate or normal uterus. I feel really good about this pregnancy. We've heard or seen the heartbeat twice now already, so that's a huge milestone passed. :) I hate septums too!!! I moreso hate hearing drs call a septum a "nubbin that won't cause any issues".... I've become a huge advocate for more testing, for everyone because of what I've been through!

Ow i couldnt agree more, so many doctor i ve seen have told me it doesnt have anything to do with my mc...duuuuhhhhhh yes it does! Anyway, it s a good thing you re thinking positively, your body will hear you out!! Cant wait for scan pics!

Ow i couldnt agree more, so many doctor i ve seen have told me it doesnt have anything to do with my mc...duuuuhhhhhh yes it does! Anyway, it s a good thing you re thinking positively, your body will hear you out!! Cant wait for scan pics!

I already have a few!! I get early scans since I'm high risk. ;) I've had it both ways with my drs believing the septum was an issue or not. It's been a LONG journey, and suffice to say that one RE has apologized to me for his mistake with me and is changing his protocol based on what happened with me, and the other (who I haven't seen in over 2 years) will be getting a long letter from me spelling out exactly how she failed me and what she could do to save this from happening to other ladies. :growlmad::wacko:

Here's my 6 week scan:

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2818/11299434426_0cf7c0ac7b_b.jpg

My 7 week scan (showing heartbeat!!):

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7455/11416019875_609fccb565_b.jpg

And my 7w4d scan:

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3708/11499462966_8f774a881b_b.jpg

I'm asking for another scan next week, so hopefully will get it at 9 weeks and see even more of my little gumdrop! :)

Hi dodger.
Welcome to the UA thread.
I hope your pregnancy goes smoothly for you.
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->