Uterine Anomaly Thread (bicornuate, unicornuate, septate, didelphys)

Willsmommy- welcome to the group!! Congrats in ur pregnancy!! Ask them to do cervical u/s to see how ur cervix is holding up that's the eat thing to keep Lo in longer and I was told that my secon pregnancy Should go well cause my uterus is already " stretched out" so that may help u carry to term too

Not looking good ladies...started with heavy bright red bleeding just now...after 2 mc I kind of know what this means :(

C- be positive!!! I had Lots of bleeding and Brooklyn ended up being perfectly fine!! Saying a prayer for u! Keep us updated!

J really? Did you? I don't remember... At what week? Like heavy red bleeding?
This was how this thread originally started when I bled heavily at 13 weeks with Natalia so I know it can be the opposite horn but both my mcs started with bleeding at week 6 so it s really hard to stay positive :(
I m going for a scan tomorrow morning but not expecting much.. Will update you as soon as I know... I guess I just knew the risks n my chances :(

I had a heavy bleed both dark and bright blood at 7 or so weeks! I thought I was misscarrying and that's how I found out I had a bu. Spotted a bit later too around 16-17 weeks but was told it was probably from my internal ultra sound to measure my cervix and that's how it got irritated. Thinking of you!!!

Thanks j. It didnt end well. I went for an us this morning and the doc called it a mmc. There was a baby but no hb. Had to have a d&c again straight away as i was losing way too much blood. I m a crying wreck curled up in my bad all day and waiting in agony for the night to hit me. I really dont know how to deal with this loss :(

Thanks ladies. I feel very alone. Dh didn't even allow me a day to grieve my loss. This loss might actually mean more than what it is. I lost my baby, my dream and probably my marriage. It is unbearable. Sorry for the downer

U can always try again. Maybe consider counseling with ur hubby? U both need time to grieve properly and men don't always express their emotions properly. How r u feeling physically?

I don't think I can ever dare to go through another loss hun. I really don't. I really wanted this baby but I also knew dh didn't. So I can't see us trying again. Yesterday in the car he said "i ll do whatever you want, I want you to be happy" but I know he just said it because I was crying. He s been a complete ass since then. I can actually see how relieved he is to not have three kids. He hasn't spoken a word to me since yesterday noon other than "get Natalia dressed I m not doing it".
Physically I m ok. No pain whatsoever. It s ironic I still have pg symptoms, probably because of all the progesterone I took.
Psychologically I m a bag full of shit (excuse my French). I ve started writing which helps me express my anger and I ve also started doing some research on septum resection. It might never happen again but I still want my options open.
Thanks for listening and asking j, it means a lot.

My heart goes out to you for your painful loss.
It doesn't have to be a loss of everything, and I'm glad to know that you're further exploring your options, because it is impossible to know what is in store.

Life has it's own way. I'm sorry you feel you aren't being supported in your grieving... Maybe your husband just doesn't know how to support you the way you need. Maybe he can learn that? Counselling is always a good idea. Things can get so murky when you're right in the middle of them.

Its good that you're writing... Just let it flow out of you. Sometimes when you let it all spill out it makes it easier to put back together again.

:(

C- when I had no one to talk to and no one cared ( close friends and family ) during my pregnancy, I had you and everyone else on this site. You gave me more support than I could have ever asked for and you need to know how special u are and that you're not alone. Were all here for u and know we care! Like P said its good to write and maybe ur hubby doesn't know how to deal with this and unfortunately isn't beinas supportive as u need right now. It's hard and you'll get through this and just from what I've learned u need to express how u need support cause men don't think like we do. All isn't lost. Take the time u need to grieve and don't let anyone tell u otherwise. Thinking of u!!

Girls you actually make me feel so included and cared for. I was reading your replys and floods started again. Thank you for being there, thank you for listening, thank you for everything.
I m afraid things wont be easy to change with dh. Still not talking but surprise surprise he "has the flu" so just avoids me by pretending to be in pain or in bed. He hasnt asked even once how i am, if i m in pain, if i ve had anything to eat. Nothing. Nada. Not even a phone call all day. I dont think i can be with someone that has no empathy whatsoever.
I ll still try to figure this septum out cause life doesnt end with dh. I m 33 and life can go on.
Anyway, my only smile goes out to you girls, thanks for reading.

C- hope ur trying to relax this weekend and hope if u have famiy close by they can help out while u recover.

Hi everyone!
CHritiana, I hope you are feeling better, and continuing to look to the future with hope!

I had the results of my MRI come in, and the diagnosis is no longer bi-cornuate, but arcuate. My ob-gyn says that this is much less of a complication... But I still have been infertile for nearly 2 years, so it's hard to feel celebratory.

Do I have any reason to worry further, regarding the abnormality? Can I rely on the MRI results and assume that the infertility is not related to my uterine abnormality? The MRI also showed a fibroid. My ob-gyn did not indicate that there would be any further intervention with regards to that... Should there be?

Phaedy- hey! Yes arcuate is way way better than bu and I doubt it has anything to do with infertility. On the other hand I do think you need to get a second opinion on the fibroid. What does your doc say about not being able to conceive?

Afm- well it seems it won't be easy to get a definite answer the my su. I called the doc who performed the resection in 2008 and he said that the top bit was muscular and couldn't cut through it. But then my doc said he saw a large septum during the section. I don't know who to trust and I m very scared that even if I go in surgery again it will not be corrected. Not sure what to do. The positive thing is we had a veeeeerrryyyy long discussion with dh and he said he wants me to be happy so we agreed that we ll wait to talk with doc to see if he thinks we should do the resection again. If so we ll do it and then start trying again. If it can't be corrected then we start ttc after the summer n hope for the best.
Physically I still have pg symptoms which is hard.

Hi everyone!
CHritiana, I hope you are feeling better, and continuing to look to the future with hope!

I had the results of my MRI come in, and the diagnosis is no longer bi-cornuate, but arcuate. My ob-gyn says that this is much less of a complication... But I still have been infertile for nearly 2 years, so it's hard to feel celebratory.

Do I have any reason to worry further, regarding the abnormality? Can I rely on the MRI results and assume that the infertility is not related to my uterine abnormality? The MRI also showed a fibroid. My ob-gyn did not indicate that there would be any further intervention with regards to that... Should there be?

You might want to see if you can have a doppler blood flow u/s done at 7dpo to see how the blood flow is through your uterine lining. That for me was what made me the most confident in trying again (and in knowing that my septum was completely gone but that an arcuate uterus was indeed left). It's fairly specialized from what my u/s tech told me, but well worth the time, effort and money.

Phaedy- hey! Yes arcuate is way way better than bu and I doubt it has anything to do with infertility. On the other hand I do think you need to get a second opinion on the fibroid. What does your doc say about not being able to conceive?

Afm- well it seems it won't be easy to get a definite answer the my su. I called the doc who performed the resection in 2008 and he said that the top bit was muscular and couldn't cut through it. But then my doc said he saw a large septum during the section. I don't know who to trust and I m very scared that even if I go in surgery again it will not be corrected. Not sure what to do. The positive thing is we had a veeeeerrryyyy long discussion with dh and he said he wants me to be happy so we agreed that we ll wait to talk with doc to see if he thinks we should do the resection again. If so we ll do it and then start trying again. If it can't be corrected then we start ttc after the summer n hope for the best.
Physically I still have pg symptoms which is hard.

*big hugs* I'm so sorry for your loss. I know for me that after my 6 miscarriage, I didn't think I'd be able to try again. I felt like I'd done EVERYTHING I could and that it hadn't changed the MO of my losses one bit. Then I found out that I still had septum left despite my RE (who did the original surgery) telling me that it was COMPLETELY gone and to go forth and reproduce. I was furious. The MRI to confirm the u/s that found the remnants, lied and showed at worst a bit of scarring, and an in office diagnostic hysteroscopy turned in to full blown surgery when the MRI was proven wrong.

The part that threw me for the biggest loop was after the surgery when we tested to find out if it was truly gone this time. Since the MRI had gotten it completely wrong, we did an HSG. My RE told me that the HSG showed a septum still left AND now a blocked tube. I was devastated. I got angry again and started researching and found that the specialized u/s that I listed above would be perfect for not only showing if there was truly septum left (or if it was an arcuate uterus like I suspected because of how the HSG dr talked about it). I was able to find out through that test that my septum was definitely gone, that I did have an arcuate uterus, and that my lining had good blood flow all around.

It was hugely nervewracking to try again. 7th time was either going to be lucky or it was going to be the last. I emotionally could NOT take more losses beyond 7. I can't make promises, but I can tell you that for me, despite everything and despite my fears, I'm currently nearly 24 weeks pregnant with a little girl that I finally believe that I'll get to hold in just over 3 months!

:hugs: Thinking of you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->