• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Uterine Anomaly Thread (bicornuate, unicornuate, septate, didelphys)

That's really good Lucy! So happy you got a good doctor finally!! I know the thought of a section is not the best but if it's what's best for your baby then so be it! I have however heard of do many babies turning last minute so don't throw that towel in just yet! Also my doc was 99% sure a vbac was not possible in my case and kept talking about the emergency section I d be having...and you know how that ended :)

Don't worry about the c section and yea u never know, baby might flip on her own... They do strange things inside lol. Atleast u got a better doctor the last app.. I would never let anyone do an ecv... Read too many horror stories about it with normal pregnancies never mind on a uterus that deformed.

So baby Charlotte potentially caught a stomach bug from who knows where and has had diarrhea for 4 days now and a lessened appetite. Went o the doctors yesterday and was told to just let it run its course but her bum is so raw :(. Any home remedies for it??

Owww poor thing. I don't have any home remedies but on the few occasions my babies were in the same situation I used some aveno wheat and left them without a diaper on for a while. Also ink from the pharmacy was good but made their bums purple lol! Hope she gets better soon :)

Hi ladies.
Sorry I haven't really been interacting much.
I've been reading all your posts though.
Hope everyone is doing good.
J- If I told my hubbies granny's old wives trick you'd be horrified!! Spoonful of brandy in her bottle.
I wouldn't do it myself never mind a baby!!
Hope Charlotte is better soon.

C - how is maya doing? And how are you?

Afm
Well it's been a rough couple of weeks. My 19 year old cousin committed suicide. To say we are devastated is an understatement.
So many unanswered questions.

Eva is doing great. I started the potty last month and she was fully trained in 3 days. She's only had a handful of accidents since.
She's full of chat and boy does she chat!!
Hope you all are well
S x

Sbl I m so so sorry hun. My heart aches for you and your/his family. There's nothing to say right now. I just hope you can keep the good memories of your cousin. And be there for each other through this sad sad time. I hope time brings some comfort and healing.
It's good to hear you ve got your little lady keeping you busy at this time. And she's doing so great!!!! 3 days...she's a pro!!! And obviously momma is a pro too! Well done!!
We re ok! Maya has her good days and her bad weeks as I often joke! She's quite colicky so she fusses a lot but lately she s been staying awake for longer periods and just started smiling so she still melts my heart :) nik n nat are better too, we re on holidays by the sea so they re constantly swimming and don't have time to fight for nonsense!!

Thank you c.
She was such a lovely person so talented but unfortunately she couldn't see that.
I don't know about me being a pro I just think Eva was ready. She really is keeping me going. Her smile keeps me smiling.

Oh c colic is something I have no experience with but I believe it's tough going.
How were your holidays?
Where in Greece do you live?
What's it like to be living there right now? With the bail out and such?

I have experience of this myself.
We were in the same boat not so long ago. Just not quite as bad.

S x

Baby didn't flip so c section went ahead! The lovely lady who delivered my little girl said she was wedged tight and had no chance of turning. They took a little longer than usual to get her out so I'm extra tender but so besotted with my daughter!

Congratulations lucy!
My lo was exactly the same it took 3 of them to get her out safe.
Enjoy these precious moments.

Lucy congratulations momma! Enjoy your little bundle! Hope you feel better from the secrion too! Are you out yet? Can you rest at all? I love the name you ve chosen!

Sbl where about do you live hun? Maybe you can give me some hope! We live in Athens. It's been tough with all the capital control and the possibility of losing our money trapped in the banks. But most of all it's tough because people are all very gloomy, that's all anybody talks about, the country is split in half and I feel they ve really down rated and ridiculed a beautiful country.
Anyway, thank you so much, I think it's more reflux than colic and it's been pretty bad these last few days :(
I still think you re a pro btw! Are you feeling any better hun?

Ireland! We were bailed out too.
Things are turning around here slowly but surely.
I know exactly what the doom gloom feels like.
We weren't exactly in your position but it was awful.
Are read this morning you guys can only withdraw 60 euros from an atm?

Wow what a coincidence..I was looking this morning for flights to Ireland! I didn't know you were bailed out too but you definitely give me hope! We can actually only withdraw 50 euros because all the 20 euro notes are finished :( so 50 it is if you have the patience to wait for at least 40minutes in 36 degrees cel jus in the que!

Oh gosh! If you guys come here we have to meet up!!
Ah it will get better but it will take a long time.
My house was worth 400,000 during the property boom here now it's worth 280. But a couple of years ago it was valued at 200 so things are getting better.
So many of my friends emigrated.
It was depressing.

Same here..thousands of young people leave for a better life and a better future. You sure give me hope though! I ve always wanted to visit Ireland but it seems flights are pretty expensive..if we ever get a deal I ll sure tell you, it'd be awesome to meet in person :)

Hi ladies. I am back on this thread again after originally being on it in 2012. I'm so impressed it's still going haha.

I was told I had a bicornuate uterus during my 12 week scan with DD and I have been fighting ever since to get more information about my uterus!! But I am still just as much in the dark.
I am also over 3 years into my second TTC journey and have been referred to the fertility clinic. I have been told by 2 different doctors that they believe I have a septum that goes most the way down my uterus towards the cervix but nobody seems too sure. I am hoping that when I get to the clinic they may be able to find out better.

Also, my cycles have been sooooo messed up since having my DD and they can't tell me why. It's so frustrating when you don't know what your own body is doing.

Hi Victoria and welcome back!! I started this thread in 2012 when I was pg with dd1 after having ds and 2mmc and thinking I had a bicornuate uterus! After dd1 (a premie) I had a 3rd mc and finally got me doc to check again! And that's when we found out my first diagnosis (septate) was right, my first resection was unsuccessful and it had a long a wide septum! I had it resected in June 2014 (11 years after being diagnosed with bu, 6 years after the unsuccessful resection and 4 years after being again wrongly diagnosed as bu) got pg in September and had my third healthy child (dd2) in June 2015! Push for an hsg an MRI a 4D scan a hysteroscopy..anything you can get basically to make sure of your diagnosis. Bu is not something you can fix but a septum is very easily fixable so it's a big shame to suffer with these losses. If you need more info shoot away!

Thanks Christiana!! I remember your username from when I was first on here. Sorry for your losses and congrats on your rainbows xxx
I will certainly be pushing for more info, I don't think they would be able to fully help me fertility wise if they don't know exactly what kind of a uterus they are dealing with. They thought at one point I had double everything after my GP thought she could see a second cervix but a consultant said no, but I do have a section of 'skin' in my vagina that kind of blocks my cervix. They only told me that that would go if I managed to have a natural birth in the future but after some reading I wonder if it is linked to the BU as I have read a lot of ladies have similar and their consultants class it as 2 canines as its a septum separating them.

I really don't know and it's confusing and frustrating not knowing. Obviously something's not quite right though as the list of issues I have now is getting longer, but they keep telling me to go on the pill to sort out my cycles......pointless when you want another baby though!

Sorry, that ended as a rambling rant 😉 xxx

I don't know why they are so reluctant to look out for septums. It could be your uterus being heart shaped but also having a vaginal or cervical septum, in which case it'd be super difficult for the little swimmers to get to where they need to be. A hsg is done so easily as is the MRI so definitely push for it. The hysteroscopy is done in the hospital under general anesthesia but it extremely fast n you re out in 3-4 hours! Seriously fight for it cause it could be just that and you could get your rainbow after the resection. My doc kept dismissing me even after my section (I mean what could be more obvious when you re holding my uterus open??) and was trying to pass 3 mcs as pure bad luck. When I started barking he still wasn't convinced but "did me a favor"!

Thanks for the advice. I will definately try and push for more answers. I remember asking the surgeon during my section to have a look at my uterus after she got my DD out but I was kind of out of it, can't remember what was said and nothing was written on my notes.
I just want some answers now and going by the length of time we have been TTC then there is something making it a bit more difficult 😕

Oh my goodness it's been so long since I've posted in this thread! I have to read through and see how everyone is doing!

We moved to Hawaii in December and it's been crazy every since! I started seeing the RE after my surgery in January and since then we've have 3 failed IUIS.. Kind of re-evaluating everything at the moment

How is everyone?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->