VBAC info/support

From what i've heard they don't do ECV if you've had a previous section, hope you manage to get LO to turn in time xxx

Hope baby turns in time.

I would suspect that finding a doctor to agree to a breech vaginal birth may be hard, but its your decision at the end of the day. I suspect the argument will be along the lines of breech labour is likely to be longer as presenting part not as well fitting, and longer labour means more strain on the scar and more chance of UR. Not sure if there is evidence to back this up. They may also be more worried about you having a breech delivery if you are obese.

In addition to the risk factors from baby being breech, there is also some degree of risk from the fact that hardly anyone has breech vaginal deliveries any more so the doctors and midwives are not as practised. You may have to shop around for someone who is experienced.

But ladies have been birthing breech babies for centuries, so we must be able to do it. I think my birth plan for a breech would be to try to labour if the position meant cord was in a safe place, and to keep an open mind with progressing to C-Section if there was a need to. After a lot of research and googling!

Try not to worry too much! Pudding was a late turner and I was sure she was going to stay breech/transverse as she had her bum deep in my pelvis. I cleaned the kitchen floor on my hands and knees every night and also knelt on the sofa with my hands on the floor for a few mins a couple of times a day.

As far as I know ECV isn't offered to VBAC becasue it is quite a stressful procedure on the ol' uterus and puts it under a lot of pressure...it isnt exactly a gentle procedure so tend to be avoided.

I'm also afraid you wouldnt get much support for a Breech VBAC and I havent ever much in the way of Breech VBAC info....breech births are getting a rare thing indeed because of fear and breech VBAC would be very rare indeed so no stats really.

I would hazard a guess that the UR rates wouldn't differ all that much but you still obviously get the increased with breech birth no matter what the mode of delivery.

There is still time for baby to move they can and do move even in labour they can flip right near the end.

You can always book a CS but book it late to give as much chance as possible for a turn!

Spent last couple of nights with loads of braxton hicks. Last night they were getting very strong, like early labour strong, and I've had some bloody discharge. But this morning no more contractions, just an urge to go tidying.

I think baby is gearing up for a birthday he will hate for the rest of his life and arrive just before Christmas.

Ohhhh good luck Celesse sounds like you will be meeting your baba very soon! :) All ready for Christmas xxx

Good luck!!

My MW just came over for a BP home visit. BP still high even though I'm on meds but noone is worried as I don't have any symptoms (apart from my uric acid) of PE so :happydance:

Pudding is now fully engaged!!! Still losing bits of plug the size of my fist :sick: lol

I'm so glad Pudding is engaged though as even when I was 10cms with DD she was only 2/5ths and wouldn't budge which contributed to the drop in her heart rate.

hey ladies just thought I'd drop by and let you know I had my lil' girl via elective caesarean on Friday and at 10lb 6oz, she was quite a weight. Thanks for all your support and hopefully if I decide to have another baby in the future I may still get my VBAC.

Good luck to all the mammies in waiting:dust:

Congrats kcbmama! Hope things went smoothly and you have a speedy recovery.

Congrats KC!!!

Glad all went well with your birth, you sure did cook a biggun! Be thankful for a less sore undercarriage LOL!!

Celesse...all sounds promising!

Congrats kcbmama :) that is fab news...what a weight lol just imagaine how big your young lady would of been had you waited :p Well done hon, hope you recover well xxx

new link

https://givingbirthwithconfidence.org/2-2/a-womans-guide-to-vbac/

That article says that "Pregnancy length of 40 weeks or less" makes you a more ideal candidate for VBAC, does anyone know why that is? (My DD was born at 42 weeks).

My guess would be because the baby would be so big. I think bigger babies put you more at risk for uterine rupture.

Yes I think it's a size and risk of intervention thing. (becasue of course once you reach 40 weeks you hit the expiry date)

The recommendations given by that article and NICE etc are all made by Policy makers with as healthy dose of cinicism and disbelief in womens ability to grown a baby they can give birth to when they go into spontaneous labour.

Just an extra source of info, got to keep them rolling in, can't always have f**k the recommendation sources LOL!

Vbac!!!!! Baby op, just gas and air and a little help from doctor and forceps at the end. Will update proper when canulla out.

Well done you!!!!!!

Massive hugs Celesse naughty OP baby eh!

Hope things arent too sore after the forceps missus...get some babywipes and soray bottle of salt water on the windowsill keep em cool!

Can't wait to hear more...I had a feeling you were going to pop!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->