VENT THREAD! Things you wish you could say but can't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear mothers in stores, stop ignoring your kid who's crying like a tornado siren!!! I come to do groceries in peace, if I wanna hear a crying kid it will be at the comfort of my own home. Or at least acknowledge to kid and try to calm him down!! :growlmad:

Can I vent about this? LOL

I'm a mom of three boys. My kids are surprisingly well behaved at the store, less at home, but it's not always easy. I can only think of one time where one of my kids threw a temper tantrum, pretty recently in fact. He's in his terrible twos and he's testing my patience.

It's not always easy as a parent to know what works most effectively with each child. They're all different. What works with my oldest didn't work with my middle child.. and he's really a hard nut to crack. What works with both of them doesn't work with my toddler.

Having said all of that, unless you have kids, you should really just ignore it and shut up about it. Yeah it's annoying, I hear it every single weekend that I'm at the store. But I'm not about to go up to some lady and tell her how to parent her child unless I see abuse involved.

Last weekend a father was holding his child, sitting on the floor of the store, while his kid screamed bloody murder. This went on for at least five minutes. Definitely not something I would have done with my kids - but I listen to him explain to a stranger that it was the only way he would calm down, because he would refuse to listen. And right after the kid 'got it all out' he was fine. My 6 year old kind of does the same thing.. he gets all in a huff, and I send him to his room, he vents and then it's like nothing happened.

Sometimes, the kid is testing your response. A woman I knew had a child who would hold her breath until she passed out. Ignoring her and not giving into that type of behavior is how they got past it.

It's really hard as a parent to ignore your kid when they're screaming. The one time my son did that at the store that's exactly what I did. I let him scream for a few minutes, then I talked to him again and he was fine. I knew he was just tired and he wasn't really fussing about anything in particular, but I wasn't going to baby him for the sake of someone in the next aisle. It only takes ONE TIME for my son to pick up a habit. That sounds extreme but it's the truth.

Anyway, I don't mean to be rude or anything.. but we'll see what happens when you have one doing the same thing!

I would like to rant about this too. It is a bit insensitive to think that mother's of tantruming children should not be allowed to go to the grocery store, or we should stay home so other's don't have to hear it. Do you think we want make others listen to it? Do you think we even want to listen to it ourselves? Don't you think if there was some magical way to make them stop that we would have done it? How do you know that this woman didn't already acknowledge her child, warned them and is just now letting them get on with it because nothing else has worked?

Having said all of that, unless you have kids
This statement is extremely insensitive and rude to the majority, if not ALL the ladies in this forum.

Please take a moment to read over our terms of service :
Rudeness, flaming or trolling is not tolerated on, or about, BabyandBump or its members. Any member who is intentionally disruptive may have their account restricted or banned without warning.
Antisocial, discriminatory or offensive messages (intended or otherwise) aimed at the community at large, certain demographics (including parenting styles) or specific members, are not permitted.

Before you hit the post button, i strongly urge you to re read what you are going to post next time.

I have a bloody sinus infection :( And this hurricane that is coming up from Louisiana is going to give us severe thunderstorms, and my sinus infections always get 100x worse in bad weather. The damp/humid/gross weather just makes me even more miserable.

I wish mother-nature would re-route the hurricane back into the middle of the ocean for my sinus infections sake, and the sake of the all people in the line of the storm for general safety reasons <3

I have a bloody sinus infection :( And this hurricane that is coming up from Louisiana is going to give us severe thunderstorms, and my sinus infections always get 100x worse in bad weather. The damp/humid/gross weather just makes me even more miserable.

I wish mother-nature would re-route the hurricane back into the middle of the ocean for my sinus infections sake, and the sake of the all people in the line of the storm for general safety reasons <3

On that same note, our brand freakin new a/c went out 3 days ago - just in time for the humidity level to skyrocket. Its so stuffy that we have to open a window, but its also so humid the floor gets damp!!! Unbelievable!!!
But, we have a tiny unit that only cools the small bedroom, so at least we can sleep. Too bad I'm not ovulating, as much time as we are "hiding" in the bedroom together this week LOL

Vent: I totally understand as to why they time cap selling booze at shops as its to prevent profit tipping from bars but wish it still didn't exist. DH started making something in the crock pot with beef and beer, realized he didn't have enough beer and it was passed 11pm. Gonna be watered down now due to it absolutely needing to be done for tomorrow evening.

J_Lynn: I hope you'll be okay, heard it's a nasty one heading down there. Stay safe! xox

Dear mothers in stores, stop ignoring your kid who's crying like a tornado siren!!! I come to do groceries in peace, if I wanna hear a crying kid it will be at the comfort of my own home. Or at least acknowledge to kid and try to calm him down!! :growlmad:

Can I vent about this? LOL

I'm a mom of three boys. My kids are surprisingly well behaved at the store, less at home, but it's not always easy. I can only think of one time where one of my kids threw a temper tantrum, pretty recently in fact. He's in his terrible twos and he's testing my patience.

It's not always easy as a parent to know what works most effectively with each child. They're all different. What works with my oldest didn't work with my middle child.. and he's really a hard nut to crack. What works with both of them doesn't work with my toddler.

Having said all of that, unless you have kids, you should really just ignore it and shut up about it. Yeah it's annoying, I hear it every single weekend that I'm at the store. But I'm not about to go up to some lady and tell her how to parent her child unless I see abuse involved.

Last weekend a father was holding his child, sitting on the floor of the store, while his kid screamed bloody murder. This went on for at least five minutes. Definitely not something I would have done with my kids - but I listen to him explain to a stranger that it was the only way he would calm down, because he would refuse to listen. And right after the kid 'got it all out' he was fine. My 6 year old kind of does the same thing.. he gets all in a huff, and I send him to his room, he vents and then it's like nothing happened.

Sometimes, the kid is testing your response. A woman I knew had a child who would hold her breath until she passed out. Ignoring her and not giving into that type of behavior is how they got past it.

It's really hard as a parent to ignore your kid when they're screaming. The one time my son did that at the store that's exactly what I did. I let him scream for a few minutes, then I talked to him again and he was fine. I knew he was just tired and he wasn't really fussing about anything in particular, but I wasn't going to baby him for the sake of someone in the next aisle. It only takes ONE TIME for my son to pick up a habit. That sounds extreme but it's the truth.

Anyway, I don't mean to be rude or anything.. but we'll see what happens when you have one doing the same thing!

I would like to rant about this too. It is a bit insensitive to think that mother's of tantruming children should not be allowed to go to the grocery store, or we should stay home so other's don't have to hear it. Do you think we want make others listen to it? Do you think we even want to listen to it ourselves? Don't you think if there was some magical way to make them stop that we would have done it? How do you know that this woman didn't already acknowledge her child, warned them and is just now letting them get on with it because nothing else has worked?

Not gonna lie, that "unless you have kids" was a real low blow bellow the belt. This is a venting thread where I thought we were aloud to vent about what we wanted without being judged. That being said, I apologize if you feel offended by my previous vent. I was referring to the ones who walk around with a smile on their face and if you dare ask them to at least acknowledge their kids they nearly bite your hand off and give nasty remarks such as "they're kids, it's what they do..they cry!" Like as if it's normal for them to throw tantrums. I'm not talking about those who try everything to at least calm them down. PS I was not referring to you women specifically so please try not to take my vent personally next time. Thank you.

Can I vent that I was offended by the "unless you have kids" remark and DID report it....and it still seems to be there? So I need to know if that kind of insensitive low blow is OK and other behaviour is not......
If that's permitted then I'm leaving this thread because I don't feel comfortable here venting.

I would like to say - hurry up :witch: I know it's only been 3 weeks since I had my implant removed but I want to start ttc RIGHT NOW! Typical :witch: - when you don't want her to arrive - she is their in the blink of an eye and when you really want her to show her ugly face - she is nowhere to be seen! Grrrrrrrr Impatient and broody!

can i vent about this thread? is this not suppose to be where we can vent about anything in the world and nobody takes it to heart? this is not to anyone in particular, cause it has happened more than once. we are supposed to come here to say anything we want and not get judged or for people to have a dig at us. lets just keep this thread to saying what we want and nobody weather you take it to heart or not can say anything? nobody is saying anything to offend anyone on this forum!

I should have left this thread last time, but I didn't realize it was ok to rag on other mothers on this board (especially an incredibly common part of motherhood), even in a vent thread.

I've got social anxiety and I go to a support group for it. The leader of my group has decided not to have children, even though she desperately wants them, because she couldn't handle the pressure of someone telling her off for a kid having a temper tantrum in a supermarket. My heart breaks for her a million times over.

I find this thread to be mean to mothers and the way they raise children. Vent over in TTC #1 if you want to rant against women who already have children or them not spoiling a child.

Or how about just ranting without making it into an attack on something I'd bet 90% of mothers do. :shrug:

gunnhilde- i know exactly where you are coming from, but the full point in this thread is for you to say whatever you want, while i know some people have a did at people, but people also come on here and give us ttc'ers a dig to. while i dont think its right to have a dig anyone, pregnant a mum or someone ttc, it happens. but this vent thread was set up for people to get whatever is bothering them off there mind without offending anybody, because they are not talking about anyone of this forum (i hope) xx

For some reason I thought this thread was for people TTC their first. I must've misread or something. Perhaps we should create a new thread "Vent's for people TTC their first child" With that said there is no reason people can't take their child outside of the store or into a bathroom til the child stops making a fuss. I'm pretty sure this is why some restaurants are no longer allowing children and on flights some families are split up. I have a niece and nephew whom I've helped raise so far. They are 6 and 4, luckily we've never had to deal with this kind of behavior. Kids are little people and need to learn the right and wrong ways to behave in public.

Hugs girls. It isnt very fair on a vent thread to vent and rant about someone else's rant that wasnt aimed at anyone in particular just a social situation. I do have three children with me, and my girls in heaven as well as my miscarriages. Just yesterday my daughter had what other people would consider a massive tantrum, but she is on the autistic spectrum and therefore it was a meltdown not her being 'naughty' iykwim? People gave me and her evil looks, I wont lie it hurts BUT these thoughts are natural. I have been out in the supermarket and feeling low and someones newborn has been crying for a good twenty minutes without anyone comforting them, and I thought for goodness just pick them up, but I dont know whats wrong or if like my dad that baby couldnt be held for a medical reason. I have been in the supermarket and had a headache and heard a child of about four or five screaming for thirty minutes, really high pitch, just non-stop and I have thought please just do something, acknowledge your child, I dont know if that child is on autistic spectrum (I always consider this now my daughter is though), or why they are screaming, I dont know what works for them with discipline.

Those thoughts may of been wrong, but those moments in time my heart ached for a baby, or my head hurt and the screaming didnt help. I am not perfect, none of us are and so these thoughts creeping in are normal. As long as you dont go up to the parents and rant at them, you try to rein in the evils, then I think releasing your vent here does no harm. :flower:

Honestly if you cant take the heat, get out of the kitchen. Coming into the vent thread "just to read" the vents is like looking for trouble. Anyone who decides to scroll through most likely will find SOMETHING that offends them. I get offended on here by some vents from my fellow TTCers but i NEVER say anything because i know theyre just venting and what theyre saying probably isnt their actual belief in general. And even if it is thats their right to feel that way. The only time i respond to a vent is when some one new who doesnt even frequent this thread decides they want to get "offended" by another womans vent that they CHOSE to come here and read and make a response post. ITS LIKE GOING TO ANOTHER COUNTRY AND BEING OFFENDED BY THEIR CULTURE. If you dont like it, get on the first thing smokin and go back home! But DONT insult them by assuming they should all change to please you. And its no coincidence that the only people who post about being "offended" by a vent are always ladies from pregnancy forums or moms (that are not TTC). Its never another TTCer that takes offence to a vent. And yes i do go over to pregnancy and mommy forums and yes sometimes i see offensive comments about IFs and TTCers ("Its not our fault they cant get pregnant!") but i NEVER respond to those either. And we should get the same respect. Just sayin..

My rant is; I wish that I knew what my body was doing. I am on day five of a :) I dont get it. :shrug:

Honestly if you cant take the heat, get out of the kitchen. Coming into the vent thread "just to read" the vents is like looking for trouble. Anyone who decides to scroll through most likely will find SOMETHING that offends them. I get offended on here by some vents from my fellow TTCers but i NEVER say anything because i know theyre just venting and what theyre saying probably isnt their actual belief in general. And even if it is thats their right to feel that way. The only time i respond to a vent is when some one new who doesnt even frequent this thread decides they want to get "offended" by another womans vent that they CHOSE to come here and read and make a response post. ITS LIKE GOING TO ANOTHER COUNTRY AND BEING OFFENDED BY THEIR CULTURE. If you dont like it, get on the first thing smokin and go back home! But DONT insult them by assuming they should all change to please you. And its no coincidence that the only people who post about being "offended" by a vent are always ladies from pregnancy forums or moms (that are not TTC). Its never another TTCer that takes offence to a vent. And yes i do go over to pregnancy and mommy forums and yes sometimes i see offensive comments about IFs and TTCers ("Its not our fault they cant get pregnant!") but i NEVER respond to those either. And we should get the same respect. Just sayin..

wooooooooo!!!!!! well said!!

Lol, Tasha don't you wish we had an inside view of our body at all times that we could just pull up on a screen. We could look at it and go "Oh ok there's the problem".

Nic18 Thanks! Although i cant help but get the feeling that i've made that same speech at least once before. But you know how that goes.. ](*,)

Lol, Tasha don't you wish we had an inside view of our body at all times that we could just pull up on a screen. We could look at it and go "Oh ok there's the problem".

:haha: Yes, that would be fab, although maybe a little gross too. Not sure my hubby would be in the mood if I was looking at my ovaries ten minutes before :rofl:

I usually ovulate around CD 36 + so to get a :) at CD 18 I was very happy, but now I am confused. How can I peak for five days when it is usually 2-3 days max? :shrug: I have a feeling my egg wasnt released, which would be rubbish wouldnt it? Grrrr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->