VENT THREAD! Things you wish you could say but can't

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sister was really happy to hear we eloped. She said now we can ttc and I'll get pregnant really fast like her....each time she wanted to get pregnant it happened that cycle. She doesn't have any idea we are already in cycle 10. She means well but thankfully I don't talk to her that much on the phone.

Why do people feel the need to question why I don't want an alcoholic beverage? Mind your own freaking business!

Fizzyfefe: story of my life right there. 3 years sober in a town where there's a bar at every corner lol

t-minus between now and two weeks until my "friend" gives birth. Almost tempted to cave and take the anxiety pills that my doctor prescribed but I'm not due to personal feelings towards those types of pills. Was supposed to be 6 weeks along.

My body can go f*ck itself. I am 2 weeks post-AF, and I have serious increased CM and a very slight cramping in my left ovary just every once in a while. I think it's rude that my body is making me think there's a chance I'd get a BFP, when I know this will be the same as every month before. I hate getting excited for nothing.

Now, I'm just waiting for my period to start because I know it will be happening sometime soon :(

Vent to my sister that is staying with us: get a job and move out already. You being here is stressing me out...and your mentioning "when you two have kids" or "when you pee on a stick" is driving me insane. Regardless of how many times you are told kids won't happen for awhile you keep bringing it up. I'm so very glad I didn't tell you we are ttc.
This stress can not be good for me. Cycle 10 for us and I want to start using opks but I don't want her finding them. I want her to mind her own damn business!
I regret ever agreeing to let her stay here.
Grrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaah

Well, now I feel better.

haosdihaodihao (face banging on keys) I went to 3 different pharmacies in my neighborhood and asked for prenatal vitamins and they all said "oh we don't do that, or we don't support those....what the deuce you are a pharmacy you are suppose to have this stuff!!!! in the USA they have em on the shelves and you don't even HAVE TO ASK. in mexico....oh fuck your baby wanting self no vitamins for you...here have a Oxycontin without a prescription

haosdihaodihao (face banging on keys) I went to 3 different pharmacies in my neighborhood and asked for prenatal vitamins and they all said "oh we don't do that, or we don't support those....what the deuce you are a pharmacy you are suppose to have this stuff!!!! in the USA they have em on the shelves and you don't even HAVE TO ASK. in mexico....oh fuck your baby wanting self no vitamins for you...here have a Oxycontin without a prescription

"don't believe in them" what the actual blank! it's not a matter of belief, it's a matter of healthy dumbies.

Can you just get folic acid as a supplement and take a regular multivitamin? Or is that not available either?

I guess you could just eat lots of greens and other foods that are rich in it.

That is ridiculous though.

Are they illegal or something? What is the big deal? That just is weird! They have them all over the place on the shelves - 10 different brands to choose from damn near.

What part of Mexico do you live in? I live in Tampico and lived in Monterrey and have been able to buy folic acid and prenatal vitamins.

I have bought mine at the Similares and the Benavides.

You can find oxycotin?!?!? When I had surgery, the strongest thing they gave me was Ketorolaco and that doesn't relieve a toothache, muchless a surgical cut.

Dear mothers in stores, stop ignoring your kid who's crying like a tornado siren!!! I come to do groceries in peace, if I wanna hear a crying kid it will be at the comfort of my own home. Or at least acknowledge to kid and try to calm him down!! :growlmad:

Can't?? haha, I've been known to say them a few times, to certain people.

I've started telling my coworkers that having sex doesn't get you pregnant, it must be a myth that it does, because it doesn't work for me. They have quit asking, or at least they haven't asked recently. And that's about as rude as I can be to them. Several of them don't speak English, and while I can tell you all about food and cooking in Spanish (I work at a Mexican food place), medical terms regarding infertility were beyond the scope of high school Spanish class.....

So I actually vented at my sister today. One more "when you have kids" comment than I could take. I told her it won't be for a long time and hearing it every day is just hard with both our moms and lots of coworkers commenting so often I couldn't take it at home too.
She started pouting at the dinner table and said "its not like I said you had to pop one out or anything...I was just saying when you do have them..." and I cut her off and said "which you say daily and its getting on my nerves".

I feel bad to have snapped but I needed it to stop. I can't break down and tell her about us ttc. I won't do it. The more people know the more I feel pressure. I wish I hadn't told the few I have told.

So I actually vented at my sister today. One more "when you have kids" comment than I could take. I told her it won't be for a long time and hearing it every day is just hard with both our moms and lots of coworkers commenting so often I couldn't take it at home too.
She started pouting at the dinner table and said "its not like I said you had to pop one out or anything...I was just saying when you do have them..." and I cut her off and said "which you say daily and its getting on my nerves".

I feel bad to have snapped but I needed it to stop. I can't break down and tell her about us ttc. I won't do it. The more people know the more I feel pressure. I wish I hadn't told the few I have told.

I know where you are coming from. I made the mistake of telling my mother that we were TTC and I regret it everyday because everyday she brings it up. "Oh, I can't wait till you have a baby", she is even getting into more personal questions like asking if I am ovulating, and how are we going to make a baby if our dogs sleep in the bed with us. I have explained to her numerous times that I don't like it when she brings it up because it just stresses me out, yet she continues to bring it up. It has gotten to the point that I just don't call her much anymore.

Dear mothers in stores, stop ignoring your kid who's crying like a tornado siren!!! I come to do groceries in peace, if I wanna hear a crying kid it will be at the comfort of my own home. Or at least acknowledge to kid and try to calm him down!! :growlmad:

Can I vent about this? LOL

I'm a mom of three boys. My kids are surprisingly well behaved at the store, less at home, but it's not always easy. I can only think of one time where one of my kids threw a temper tantrum, pretty recently in fact. He's in his terrible twos and he's testing my patience.

It's not always easy as a parent to know what works most effectively with each child. They're all different. What works with my oldest didn't work with my middle child.. and he's really a hard nut to crack. What works with both of them doesn't work with my toddler.

Having said all of that, unless you have kids, you should really just ignore it and shut up about it. Yeah it's annoying, I hear it every single weekend that I'm at the store. But I'm not about to go up to some lady and tell her how to parent her child unless I see abuse involved.

Last weekend a father was holding his child, sitting on the floor of the store, while his kid screamed bloody murder. This went on for at least five minutes. Definitely not something I would have done with my kids - but I listen to him explain to a stranger that it was the only way he would calm down, because he would refuse to listen. And right after the kid 'got it all out' he was fine. My 6 year old kind of does the same thing.. he gets all in a huff, and I send him to his room, he vents and then it's like nothing happened.

Sometimes, the kid is testing your response. A woman I knew had a child who would hold her breath until she passed out. Ignoring her and not giving into that type of behavior is how they got past it.

It's really hard as a parent to ignore your kid when they're screaming. The one time my son did that at the store that's exactly what I did. I let him scream for a few minutes, then I talked to him again and he was fine. I knew he was just tired and he wasn't really fussing about anything in particular, but I wasn't going to baby him for the sake of someone in the next aisle. It only takes ONE TIME for my son to pick up a habit. That sounds extreme but it's the truth.

Anyway, I don't mean to be rude or anything.. but we'll see what happens when you have one doing the same thing!

Having said all of that, unless you have kids, you should really just ignore it and shut up about it.

Anyway, I don't mean to be rude or anything.. but we'll see what happens when you have one doing the same thing!

I really dont mean to start a fight or anything, but its extremely insensitive to come into the TTC section and use phrases like that! Especially when many women here, including the one you said those things to, have suffered from miscarriages and WOULD have children right now if those pregnancies had been successful. The last thing they need is you coming on their vent thread, the only "safe place" some of us have, and carelessly throwing around that kind of language. So PLEASE THINK before you post here. Again, i dont want to start a war but considering Tami's recent loss, I just had to say something.

I really dont mean to start a fight or anything, but its extremely insensitive to come into the TTC section and use phrases like that! Especially when many women here, including the one you said those things to, have suffered from miscarriages and WOULD have children right now if those pregnancies had been successful. The last thing they need is you coming on their vent thread, the only "safe place" some of us have, and carelessly throwing around that kind of language. So PLEASE THINK before you post here. Again, i dont want to start a war but considering Tami's recent loss, I just had to say something.

I think it's a bit ridiculous that you would say that's insensitive or that I didn't think about every single word that I wrote. I didn't say "IF YOU EVER have a kid." I never mentioned her loss. I said "when".. because it's going to happen and I guarantee you that her child will throw a tantrum at some point in his/her life.. and she's going to get dirty looks about how she's not parenting her child right because they're throwing a fit.. and she's going to remember what she said here.

I have the same right to vent. I have the same frustrations about people at the grocery store - but I would have left it at that.. and not made mention about how the woman should have parented in that situation.

WTF is wrong with you body. You give me 60 day cycles, then 45 day ones, then 35 day no ovulation cycles. You freaking suck and I will take you on if you think you'll be getting away with another cycle without ovulation. What happened to my 13 years of 30 day cycles. Hmmmmmmm? I've always been nice to you and haven't taken birth control or used IUDs. Why do you have to double cross me like this?

Also, TCOYF application. I am not pregnant just because I got a positive OPK and still didn't get AF 18 days later. I just didn't ovulate. :growlmad:

Also, I'd like my baby stuff in Denmark, but why oh why does shipping have to cost more than gold. WTH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back