VENT THREAD! Things you WISH you could say..

Status
Not open for further replies.
goos thread!

To this woman at work thats about 48 thinking shes 28 - OMG please stop commenting on everything i put it my mouth!!!!! whatever i eat or drink has naff all to do with you, and you can hardly talk sitting there scoffing chocolate after chcolate, nothing substantial at all throughout the day - how dare you say something to me when i pull out a tiny chocolate bar!!!! - please for f88ks sake stop turning up the heating to 28degrees and letting everyone in the work place sweat it out because you are cold - have some decency to recognise that im sitting here sweating and uncomfortable, when people turn the heating down, DO NOT say lose some of that extra padding you have! its rude and uncalled for, why dont you try and gain some weight!

thats felt good lol

Dear everyone at work

Please shut up. Im not in the mood for you bunch of twats. I have put my earphones in for a reason. Just let me successfully ignore you so i dont feel like going to drown myself before home time.

Here's mine:

To everyone who is heartbroken, or devastated, or gutted that they are having a girl when they wanted a boy, or having a boy when they wanted a girl
GET OVER YOURSELVES - you are having a BABY - it's a 50/50 situation, you don't get to choose.

If you want to know heartbreak, devastation, or the feeling of getting your guts ripped out, go and talk to a couple who are struggling with infertility.
Be there month after month when AF shows, help pick up the pieces when yet another IUI or IVF has failed. Listen to women who have run out of options because 2 IVF treatments was all they could afford.... and NOW tell me about how awful it is that you don't get to play dress-up with a daughter, or secure the family name with a son.

You are having a baby, that's all that counts - be sodding grateful

Not trying to start an argument, I have to add that while I don't know what it's like to struggle with infertility I do think gender disappointment is a real thing and shouldn't be attacked.

I feel terrible for the couples who struggle to get pregnant, and I'm sure it's very hard to see women who are disappointed that they are having a baby but aren't happy about the sex, BUT they are entitled to feel what they feel and I don't think it should be discounted. I'm sure they're happy their baby is healthy etc but some people can't help but feel a bit sad if they really had their heart set on one particular gender, especially if it was there last child and will never have another chance to conceive that sex.

lol Chikkie - start away! This is a VENT thread, and that was mine.
There are all kinds of vents on here that I have thought were uncalled for, but given that this is a VENT thread, y'know, for VENTING, I've not singled out a single one.

Now I think I have a new one - people who call you out for venting on vent threads, now they really really get my goat!

Grr my OH saying 'treat yourself, we're on holiday' all through our week away and then when paying the credit card bill, half each as usual, saying 'why don't you have a little think about whether you owe more than half'!!

What is that about??

How F-ing patronizing and hypocritical can you get?!

And when I get upset with him for being so tight, he said 'oh great, now the neighbours know we're home'

:'(

Here's mine:

To everyone who is heartbroken, or devastated, or gutted that they are having a girl when they wanted a boy, or having a boy when they wanted a girl
GET OVER YOURSELVES - you are having a BABY - it's a 50/50 situation, you don't get to choose.

If you want to know heartbreak, devastation, or the feeling of getting your guts ripped out, go and talk to a couple who are struggling with infertility.
Be there month after month when AF shows, help pick up the pieces when yet another IUI or IVF has failed. Listen to women who have run out of options because 2 IVF treatments was all they could afford.... and NOW tell me about how awful it is that you don't get to play dress-up with a daughter, or secure the family name with a son.

Not trying to start an argument, I have to add that while I don't know what it's like to struggle with infertility I do think gender disappointment is a real thing and shouldn't be attacked.

I feel terrible for the couples who struggle to get pregnant, and I'm sure it's very hard to see women who are disappointed that they are having a baby but aren't happy about the sex, BUT they are entitled to feel what they feel and I don't think it should be discounted. I'm sure they're happy their baby is healthy etc but some people can't help but feel a bit sad if they really had their heart set on one particular gender, especially if it was there last child and will never have another chance to conceive that sex.

There are all kinds of vents on here that I have thought were uncalled for, but given that this is a VENT thread, y'know, for VENTING, I've not singled out a single one.

Now I think I have a new one - people who call you out for venting on vent threads, now they really really get my goat!

I know this is a vent thread, I actually started it. The only reason I brought it up is because this is a pregnancy forum and there are women on here that are dealing with gender disappointment who might feel attacked by this. I am not trying to start drama, so please don't be patronizing and call me 'chikki'.

Here's mine:

Honey, didn't you start this vent thread? I don't think we should be highlighting anything anyone says. This is where we're coming to let it out without judgment or bias. There's some stuff on here that I don't completely agree with but I don't mind, nor will I bring it up, because the beautiful ladies here really need to just get it all out.

My post clearly says I'm not trying to start an argument, and I honestly wasn't trying to be a bitch. A lot of women on here are dealing with gender disappointment, they even have a section of the forum devoted to it and I didn't want anyone to feel attacked. I am NOT trying to have a go at the poster of this comment but it's a sensitive issue so that's why I said what I said. It wasn't meant to start anything.

My post clearly says I'm not trying to start an argument, and I honestly wasn't trying to be a bitch. A lot of women on here are dealing with gender disappointment, they even have a section of the forum devoted to it and I didn't want anyone to feel attacked. I am NOT trying to have a go at the poster of this comment but it's a sensitive issue so that's why I said what I said. It wasn't meant to start anything.

No worries, love. Wasn't trying to start anything either, just clarifying :) You're not a bitch either. I figured you started this thread to be able to say these things even if other ladies don't like it.

Moving back along to the venting!! :winkwink:

Here's mine:

I know this is a vent thread, I actually started it. The only reason I brought it up is because this is a pregnancy forum and there are women on here that are dealing with gender disappointment who might feel attacked by this. I am not trying to start drama, so please don't be patronizing and call me 'chikki'.

I know you started the thread - which is why I bothered to reply to you ... otherwise I would have just ignored your comment - but the irony was just too much

And yes, I understand about gender disappointment - did my vent mention anyone talking about being disappointed about the gender of their baby? I think not. My vent was about people who rant about being devastated and heartbroken and gutted

Yes this is a pregnancy forum and there are people dealing with gender disappointment - there are also people here dealing with the far more devastating issue of infertility... and please, don't anyone try and tell me that getting the 'wrong' sex equates to not being able to have children at all!

Oh, and I call everybody chikkie, so please don't feel special about that - it is my equivalent of calling people hun :thumbup:

Here's mine:

I know you started the thread - which is why I bothered to reply to you ... otherwise I would have just ignored your comment - but the irony was just too much

And yes, I understand about gender disappointment - did my vent mention anyone talking about being disappointed about the gender of their baby? I think not. My vent was about people who rant about being devastated and heartbroken and gutted

Yes this is a pregnancy forum and there are people dealing with gender disappointment - there are also people here dealing with the far more devastating issue of infertility... and please, don't anyone try and tell me that getting the 'wrong' sex equates to not being able to have children at all!

Oh, and I call everybody chikkie, so please don't feel special about that - it is my equivalent of calling people hun :thumbup:

My reply wasn't meant to be viscious or single you out. Obviously opinions are going to vary in these topics and if you re-read my original post I said I feel terrible for couples that struggle to fall pregnant and I was not trying to discount that or in any way imply that one is valid than the other. My point is while I completely see how it would be frustrating for someone who has had problems conceiving to hear about gender disappointment, their disappointment is still real and they are entitled to feel it. They most definitely always feel terrible about the guilt they feel anyway so it's not their fault. You are coming across as aggressive and I am not trying to fight so just leave it please.

Oh Urch, I'm with you there 100%. I want a boy but after what we've been through, I'd be happy with anything - including a kitten coming out! Just kidding, but I'm going to be soooooo incredibly thankful for either a girl or boy.

Ches - honestly, I am a very long way from aggressive
of course people are entitled to feel disappointed - what I don't understand is why in a vent thread, it isn't ok for me to vent my vent too?

There are lost of gender disappointment threads on here and I never ever comment on them - to me that would be hugely rude and insensitive of me ... but, and I know I keep coming back to this - this is a vent thread, put here for people to get off their chests the things they would never dream of saying :shrug:

I also have no wish to fight - but I will keep replying to you as long as you are replying to me :thumbup:

Ok fair enough. You can say what you want here. We'll call it a day now. Just to clarify I never disagreed with you and wasn't trying to single you out.

If we fight the thread will be closed and that would be sad.

Then we shall leave it there Ches :hugs:- and I absolutely swear, I call just about everyone chikkie (except when I'm calling them duck - but that's a local thing!)

No fights here! Just us putting our big girl knickers on and sorting things through like grown ups. :hugs:

I call just about everyone chikkie (except when I'm calling them duck - but that's a local thing!)

My mum calls all little kids ' chicken', one little boy turned around and said "I'm a not chicken." Mum was stunned and had no come back. She calls all my friends 'darl' if anything happened to me she'd be no use to the police as they'd ask who I hung out with and she'd say "someone I call darl"
Hahaha

Then we shall leave it there Ches :hugs:- and I absolutely swear, I call just about everyone chikkie (except when I'm calling them duck - but that's a local thing!)

Duck??

Theres never a fellow Stokey on here!! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79