Very long winded and complicated...Updated on page 2, we found out...

Jessicahide

Reaction score
Ok here goes, this is very complex and i apologise in advance. I want this baby to be a girl, i just started crying actually writing that, like admitting it for the first time to myself.

Not because i want a girl (here is where it gets complicated) I always want boys, probably because i lost my baby boy, and having his brothers makes me feel like i get a tiny bit of him back.
I wanted my little boy Andrew the second i delivered William, as soon as i held him i thought, i can't not do this again... and after 5 years dh agreed and i got him, my perfect little price, just like my others.... too much in love! And i felt complete, something i was not sure i would feel, and i worried i would just want child after child.

Then, surprise, 4 months after he was born i was pregnant, shocked was not the work.... (got pregnant 8 days before ov) Andrew was supposed to be my baby boy, my little one...And now he isn't :( i feel like i have betrayed him, let him down, and now i am left with the feeling the only thing that would make it better is if i am having a girl, so Andrew will still be my baby boy.... I am a terrible person, i really am!

So that's me!!!

You are a strong, beautiful person. There is absolutely nothing terrible about wanting a certain sex for your baby. It's a beautiful thing that you want to have a special connection with Andrew, and even if you have another boy he will still be your special boy. Have you found out the gender yet? I couldn't quite figure that from the post. We all have our preferences and reasons for our preferences. Hugs hugs hugs

You are a strong, beautiful person. There is absolutely nothing terrible about wanting a certain sex for your baby. It's a beautiful thing that you want to have a special connection with Andrew, and even if you have another boy he will still be your special boy. Have you found out the gender yet? I couldn't quite figure that from the post. We all have our preferences and reasons for our preferences. Hugs hugs hugs

Hello, thank you for being so kind, no i haven't found out yet, i won't until the 28th july xx I just know it will be a boy, and i hate the thought of feeling disappointment if they say that, i will hate myself :(

I know i am being completely irrational and stupid, i love boys, so why now would i suddenly not want one...I just need to refocus.

It's not stupid or horrible at all. I've just found out I'm having a boy and felt completely devastated yesterday. I'm coming to terms with it now, but I still feel sad. You are not alone. And you have far more valid reasons than me. x

It's not stupid or horrible at all. I've just found out I'm having a boy and felt completely devastated yesterday. I'm coming to terms with it now, but I still feel sad. You are not alone. And you have far more valid reasons than me. x

I don't think you can quantify feelings xxx I am sorry you feel like this, its bloody horrible, do you have other children too?

i have 3 boys and each time i found it was a boy i cried. knowing ill never ever have a little girl. im over it now. but i get where youre coming from although ur situation is different.

You are not alone, and it's ok to cry or be angry. You'd be grieving a loss. You don't have to have had something to grieve it. You are processing the loss of a dream/ acceptance of a new reality. I have at least $200 of boys clothes in my closet right now. If and when I get pregnant, I will cry and scream and bitch and moan if they tell me it's a girl. But once those emotions are processed, you will love this baby. BUT we are getting ahead of ourselves. Which I do all the time so you are still in good company there ;)

You are not alone, and it's ok to cry or be angry. You'd be grieving a loss. You don't have to have had something to grieve it. You are processing the loss of a dream/ acceptance of a new reality. I have at least $200 of boys clothes in my closet right now. If and when I get pregnant, I will cry and scream and bitch and moan if they tell me it's a girl. But once those emotions are processed, you will love this baby. BUT we are getting ahead of ourselves. Which I do all the time so you are still in good company there ;)

How you are is exactly how i was before now, i only wanted boys, i think because i have such a difficult relationship with my mother i dreaded recreating it myself. It's extra horrible as i don't want the baby to be a girl so i have a girl.... i am so confusing!

i have 3 boys and each time i found it was a boy i cried. knowing ill never ever have a little girl. im over it now. but i get where youre coming from although ur situation is different.

:( Such a shame you have felt like that, its a curse it really is (not your boys of course) the feelings that you fight with!

Sorry to hear you didn't have the best relationship with your mom. My mom is my best friend, but I also how many sleepless nights I caused her. I don't know that I could be that strong. I was also the only girl among my siblings and the only girl for three generations on my dad's side. I get along better with boys, I don't get girls. People make fun of stereotypical dads who cannot put their daughter's hair in a simple ponytail... That's me! I used to babysit and get the girl ready for school. The mom would ALWAYS end up changing her outfit and redoing her hair. I finally had to tell her that maybe I should get the boy ready and she should do the girl because it as wasting time lol. Sorry I go off on tangents

Sorry to hear you didn't have the best relationship with your mom. My mom is my best friend, but I also how many sleepless nights I caused her. I don't know that I could be that strong. I was also the only girl among my siblings and the only girl for three generations on my dad's side. I get along better with boys, I don't get girls. People make fun of stereotypical dads who cannot put their daughter's hair in a simple ponytail... That's me! I used to babysit and get the girl ready for school. The mom would ALWAYS end up changing her outfit and redoing her hair. I finally had to tell her that maybe I should get the boy ready and she should do the girl because it as wasting time lol. Sorry I go off on tangents

Don't worry, its sweet x

Just a small updat, my scan is only 14 days away now, and i am feeling better about the prospect of the baby being a boy, Andrew loves his brothers so much, and spends everyday giggling at them, i think he will love having a little brother now, i am feeling excieted about finding out whjat we are having rather than dreading xxx How is everyone else getting on at the moment xxx

How wonderful I said as much from your 12 week scan, congratulations enjoy her and your delightful boys. She's a very lucky girl to have her big brothers. Congratulations again xxx

How wonderful I said as much from your 12 week scan, congratulations enjoy her and your delightful boys. She's a very lucky girl to have her big brothers. Congratulations again xxx

<3 I only had one boy guess this time and with Andrew i had no girl guesses at all, you lot are very talented. xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->