Vitex success stories... GO!!!

Twinsie

Reaction score
Hi ladies!!! I started taking vitex last month mid cycle and have had awesome results so far with it. I didn't get my bfp yet so I'm continuing to use it this cycle. I went from a 35 day cycle ovulating on CD28, to a 33 day cycle ovulating on CD22 in just the first month of using vitex! Starting vitex on CD18!! :happydance:

I'm optimistic and would love to hear all of your success stories for more positivity and happy thoughts! Whether you have or have not gotten your bfp yet, if it's helped you in any way, I'd love to hear about it!!!

Thanks ladies and baby dust to you ALL :baby:

I would also like to hear some success stories! I'm on my second cycle taking Vitex and i finally ovulated last cycle. So that's a plus for sure! I'm on cd9 today. Last time I took it from cd6 until cd28 and didn't take it while i had af....

Also interested on this subject since I am starting to take Vitex ...and AF never shows up without medication.

I'm carrying my vitex baby!

I started on cd50 as I hadn't ovulated yet. It made me ovulate and brought on AF. Next cycle I conceived. So not even a full cycle on it and it worked. I don't ovulate on my own. I'm currently still on it and baby is happy and healthy on both ultrasounds I've had so far, home doppler and panorama blood results. I was on 1600mg/day which was 4 of the vitex pills I have in the am on an empty stomach an hour before eating. Just this week, well starting today, I have started to wean and will reduce by one pill a week until I'm off of it.

I am also on vitex! Last month was all perfectly on time and so was this month thanks to it! I will know if it worked this weekend! Send prayers my way please, I need them!

I started on cd50 as I hadn't ovulated yet. It made me ovulate and brought on AF. Next cycle I conceived. So not even a full cycle on it and it worked. I don't ovulate on my own. I'm currently still on it and baby is happy and healthy on both ultrasounds I've had so far, home doppler and panorama blood results. I was on 1600mg/day which was 4 of the vitex pills I have in the am on an empty stomach an hour before eating. Just this week, well starting today, I have started to wean and will reduce by one pill a week until I'm off of it.

Yay this is so encouraging to hear! I was taking 225 mg but just found out I need to take at least 900 which I just started so hoipefully it will do the trick for me and the rest of us!

Bust dust to you all :dust:

I have Pcos so didn't ovulate on my own so vitex really helped. I got some hormone headaches when i first started but after that had no issues. Even with the vitex my progesterone at 8weeks was only 15.7 so I highly doubt I would have made it this far without it. My doctor said I was still within normal ranges, but I added a progesterone cream in addition I'll keep taking nightly until 34ish weeks. I do know I have low progesterone so it did help that a bit.

Yay this is so encouraging to hear! I was taking 225 mg but just found out I need to take at least 900 which I just started so hoipefully it will do the trick for me and the rest of us!

Bust dust to you all :dust:

I heard and read you should take between 1000-2000mg, so I take 2000mg every morning atleast 30min before eating. I did work and i ovulated last cycle ☺ So i hope this cycle i get a Bfp! I'm also using opk's and instead softcups after we bd.
I do have some side effects, but they're tolerable right now. Mostly normal hormone stuff that i personally am not used to. Sore bbs before af, really strong O pain, slight nausea 2-3 days before af, backache before af, i got really crybaby did a few days before af and I'm a bit more snippy around ovulation. None of the side effects are too bad though. Hth

Ooh glad I've seen this thread! I'm waiting on AF to arrive this month to start taking it to regulate my cycles & hopefully shorten my LP.

I'm not TTC until April but hopefully will have shorter regular cycles by then & be raring to go 😄.

Good luck to all those ttc now xx

Hey im going to start taking vitex, when in ur cycle is the best time to start? And wat dose? X

I used vitex in 2008-9 when regulating my cycles after birth control while TTC my first. While I didn't get pregnant while on vitex, it did regulate my cycles and promote ovulation. I stopped using it when I was on dr rx'd fertility medications... then when I wasn't on them anymore i was 'regular" still so I didn't take them anymore. I got pregnant in June 2010 with my first.

I'm on my first full cycle of Vitex now - I started taking it on CD9 last month, as I read that you don't necessarily have to start taking it on CD1.

Despite starting it mid-cycle, I do think it helpe last month. My cycles are actually regular but I don't ovulate properly/regularly on my own. I had a positive OPK one day earlier than usual, and I had ovulation pains (which were new for me!), so I'm hoping it worked and it wasn't just a case of hormone overload. I did have some pretty bad mood swings from it, and general cramping between O and AF - but I'm just going to see what happens this month and then maybe switch to Soy Isoflavones if no luck...

I got my BFP my very first month taking Vitex.

Had trouble TTC, low progesterone and wasn't ovulating regularly. Saw a bunch of amazing reviews about Vitex on several different websites so I went to GNC and bought a bottle of the capsules. I took 1000mg/day in the morning from CD6 - CD13 (as well as 2000mg/day EPO) & finally FELT my ovulation pains on CD 12.

The other perk of this herb, for me, was that I did not have any wacky side effects from it.

Good luck & baby dust!

I started vitex cd 27... I'm opting not to take provera to get my period and I'm just gonna wait it out to see if I get one at some point with vitex

Thanks ladies! :) my cycle this month (second month on vitex) was spot on so far with ovulating!! Vitex is definitely helping hooray!! I am 1dpo now. Hello TWW! Baby dust to everyone!!

My first month taking Vitex on CD 3 I didn't ovulate until day 33 last cycle & ended in 45 day cycle when should I start using OPK this cycle?

Good luck with tww hope it ends with bfp x

I'm on my third month ttc and on cd 2. I started taking vitex yesterday, but just one a day in the morning. After reading this, it sounds like I'm not taking enough. How much do I need to take?

This is the back of the packet

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 11
I'm on my third month ttc and on cd 2. I started taking vitex yesterday, but just one a day in the morning. After reading this, it sounds like I'm not taking enough. How much do I need to take?

The package recommendations are not for when you're ttc. You should take between 800-2000mg a day, In the morning 30min before you eat. Hth

The package recommendations are not for when you're ttc. You should take between 800-2000mg a day, In the morning 30min before you eat. Hth

Where do you buy this from? There were 3 different brands in Boots and one in Holland and barrat and all said that they weren't recommended for ttc - I thought that was just to cover their back.

what form of vitex did you all take? I was taking liquid form but it was for 2 months i stopped in December. But craziest thing...i notice spotting in January and thought it was implantation bleeding so i got excited! waited 2 weeks to test and got a bfn. Again yesterday i got spotting! lasted one day so far! so here i go again...implantation or nah? any way. I stopped taking vitex in December ( liquid form) so i am confused as to whether or not it is the cause for this! any thoughts on my situation?? would be super helpful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->