Vitex success stories... GO!!!

I'm on my third month ttc and on cd 2. I started taking vitex yesterday, but just one a day in the morning. After reading this, it sounds like I'm not taking enough. How much do I need to take?

This is the back of the packet

The package recommendations are not for when you're ttc. You should take between 800-2000mg a day, In the morning 30min before you eat. Hth

Where do you buy this from? There were 3 different brands in Boots and one in Holland and barrat and all said that they weren't recommended for ttc - I thought that was just to cover their back.

I the liquid. 2000 mg i get it from vitamin shoppe.

Attachments

• 20150112_110443.jpg
    20150112_110443.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 6
Ok we might have a success story coming soon....

Attachments

• 20150211_074543-1~2.jpg
    20150211_074543-1~2.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 7
Bfp! I'm so excited!

Attachments

• 20150211_145057~2.jpg
    20150211_145057~2.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 5
I was taking vitex for two cycles. Starting cd5 (last day of af) 2000mg liquid every morning 30minutes before eating. Until O. Then dropped it down to 1000mg until af. I wasnt ovulating but maybe 2-3times a year. On vitex i ovulated both times, confirmed by opk's and i used softcups after bding ☺☺☺☺☺☺ took a digital today! I'm so excited! Dh is over the moon! ❤❤❤❤

Attachments

• 20150212_045226.jpg
    20150212_045226.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 1
Just been reading this thread. Congrats on your BFP!! I am going to buy some vitex now!

Hubby and I were TTCing for almost a year before I decided to give Vitex a try. I have PCOS and my cycles were being uncooperative. Within two weeks of taking Vitex & Maca Root (400mg of each, 3x per day in capsule form), I started my period in late August! By early October, I received a positive pregnancy test!:thumbup: You're supposed to wean yourself off the Vitex slowly when you become pregnant according to Natural Fertility Info's website. I did not know until after the fact and I actually quit taking the Vitex as soon as I received my BFP. After a doctor's visit they found my progesterone to be very low, so I switched over to progesterone supplements instead until the 10th week or so. I turn 24 weeks on Sunday and I truly believe it was the combination of Vitex, Maca Root, a daily cup of Organic Raspberry Leaf Tea and a daily dose of 81 mg "baby" aspirin. Not sure which one worked, but I truly believe in all of them. It can't hurt to try! Best of luck to you all! :)

Might have another success story coming...

This is my first month taking vitex. I'm 10 dpo today and took a test this morning:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 17
Been taking vitex for a week now on CD2 hoping to O on the 21st and get a bfp early April for an anniversary present to my DH!! Wish me luck!! I know I am asking for a lot. Lol

I'm late to this thread, but thought my story might help.

Before we started trying to conceive our daughter, I came off the pill four months earlier to see what would happen with my periods. I started charting and it transpired that each month ovulation was going later and later. It started at around CD14, but the month we started trying it was on something like CD29. I was getting so frustrated with it that I tried vitex and soy isoflavones the second cycle trying with her (this was my 6th cycle charting). I didn't know at the time that you're not supposed to take them at the same time. I took vitex every day from CD1 and then did soy isoflavones CD3-4-5-6. At that time I discovered you weren't supposed to take them both together, so I stopped taking both at once. Lo and behold it worked though and I ovulated CD12. I got my BFP 10 days later and have my beautiful baby girl to show for it. I don't know whether the vitex or soy helped me, but I was irregular with ovulating and one of the two (or both together) made me ovulate much earlier than the previous cycle.

Good luck!

I am going to start vitex today on cd11 and hope it will help with my 10 day LP. I am also taking vitb6 and a prenatal. I have had two chemicals in a row and hoping that this month will be more successful :)

I just hope starting on cd11 is okay. Only just heard about vitex. I am hoping to ovulate earlier this month - cd15 as I usually am 18-21, but I already am getting some stretchy cm (1cm and breaks), so I hope it means the vits are working?

I am also trying to de-stress more as the Doctor said this has a very bad affect on conception. I am going for a pedi today :)

Ive just started taking vitex from CD1. Af is dissappearing now. I really hope this shortens my cycle and helps :)

How are you ladies liking the vitex? I have not ov'd yet but my symptoms leading up to it are much stronger since the vitex. Hoping to be a success story

I am trying a few herb additions this month...not Vitex though so interested to read. I always get positive opks on day 16/17 and I think I ovulate soon after....started charting temperature last month. Cycle around 31 days so LP is about 13 days.

Is it worth me taking Vitex? Would it help at all......or not for me??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->