**Waiting and Waiting...2018 Mommies To Be! <3**

Also Mandaa for your sway I highly recommend using RepHresh instead of changing your diet. It's much more effective and worked for me last time. :thumbup:

Do you just buy rephresh and use when specifically?

Yep, I just bought it from Walmart over in the feminine products and started using it as soon as AF ended and stopped using it after I O'd. I used it exactly as the directions in the box suggest.

My husband comes home from deployment Fall 2017 and then we are off to Japan for the next few years. We married last June and I got off my birth control last August. I've been charting my BBT's and plan on using that method as a form of birth control until we start TTC early next year. I'm so excited and also terrified! We'll be in a different country without friends and family and the thought of experiencing pregnancy for the first time overseas is scary but I'm excited! :cry::happydance:

Hey Blauren!

Although a slightly different situation- I moved abroad to be with my fiance and I get nervous about having a baby away from home. I love where we live now, and feel very comfortable here and I have no experience of giving birth/pregnant before so not sure why I find it nerve wracking. I think it is maybe you pick up info growing up on how giving birth/being pregnant works in your country so it seems a bit more daunting being away from where you grew up. That is even with me being where I am for over 5 years and calling it "home".

Hi everyone, I am afraid I will be leaving this group. I have to wait another few years due to personal things. Lots of baby dust to you all. x

Have you researched births in your area or have any friends there to guide you? The thought is daunting and I'm a little nervous but I know that there are a lot of groups and support available when the time comes for us. When do you guys plan on trying?

Yes I have researched it and know more about what to expect. Luckily have some good friends to help guide me through it all as it seems a bit more complicated. Although still a little nervous as it is completely different from where I grew up (UK)- for example you only have one scan at 18 weeks, where as I think you have around 3 throughout your whole pregnancy in the UK...

We will start trying from the 1st of March! So not long now!

Yay!! That's so exciting!!! I wish you lots of baby dust!

I feel you on the scan part. Apparently they don't do as many in the military from what I hear, and they don't see you until your second trimester. I could be wrong, but a friend of mine is going through it right now and she was not happy about it. That's so exciting you're trying so soon!

blauren - I'm right there with you. My husband and I are from Atlantic Canada, but moved to Iowa (mid-west USA) about a year ago, just after our wedding. We are planning to start trying soon and it is definitely scary being away from family and friends and in a different health care system.

Like swedengirl said, research what is common in your area and don't be afraid to ask questions. If you can try to find some local friends who can give you advice. It isn't the same as having your lifelong friends there for support, but it is definitely valuable to have someone local to talk to.

Karoolia welcome to the States! What a time to be here, huh? :( I'm not sure what kind of birth plan you have in mind, but I know the c-section rate is high here. I've had a good chunk of friends have home births or deliver at a birthing center and they all have had positive experiences. I've had friends who delivered at hospitals via cesarean and vaginal. Some have had positive experiences and some haven't. Do your research! I've never been pregnant so I can't put in my two cents.

blauren - Welcome to the group hun! :wave: :flower:
I put you under January 2018 since you said you'd be TTC early next year. Please let me know if anything changes. :D
Hugs! I can't imagine being so far away from family and friends but I'm sure that Japan will be amazing. :hugs: <3

darkriver - We're sorry to see you go hun. :hugs:
I put you under the Unknown Date portion of the list. Please let me know if anything changes.

Thanks blauren! I definitely miss Canada, but we are in a very friendly city so we're happy here. My husband is actually here doing his medical residency in Family Medicine and he complains all the time about how there are too many c-sections. I haven't looked up any actual stats though. I imagine I'll be giving birth in a hospital. I don't know of any birthing centers around here and I don't think I'm brave enough for a home birth. The nice thing about having a doctor husband is that he knows which doctors to go to and which to avoid so at least I know the best one in town when the time comes!

Csection rates in America are wicked high. I delivered my first in a birth center with a midwife and my next I'll be going for a homebirth.

Last night I found out a friend of mine that I met in the EA program is expecting her third child in September!!! :happydance: I'm excited for her and her family!

Tara - That's exciting! Congratulations to her! The baby train never slows down it seems! I have a cousin due in March and then my best friend from Michigan is expecting her second!

The US is really bad at being way too medically involved in pregnancy. Everything they do has a time and place, but they over do a lot of it. Some of these are reasons why c-sections rates are so high over here. I had both of mine in a hospital and thankfully things went well. My second was with the midwife and if I could have her do my third I could, but I doubt they'll do it that way. You get whoever is on call there.

Congrats to her, Tara! :happydance:
September is a great time to have a baby. :winkwink:

Part of me wants to go for a home birth next time, everyone makes it seem so glamorous. I'm scared to do it though because I had complications with both DS and DD. I also tested GBS positive both times and I'm not sure how that works out with home birth. Also the midwives around here are sketchy, DH's grandma's neighbor (in a town 30 minutes from here) lost her 1st baby attempting a home birth with a local midwife. I also have a good relationship of trust built with the OB here in town (he took care of me during pregnancy with DD and delivered her). I will probably just try to go without pitocin or an epidural next time but still do a hospital birth with the local OB.

Hey all! I just wanted to say that due to a shortage of condoms in our household this weekend, and only 9 days left of WTT, we decided to move up our TTC date to yesterday :haha:

I am also due to ovulate today so will be joining the TTC and TWW boards.

Although not been on here long it has been so lovely to chat with you all and thanks for all your tips and advice :hugs:

I am also just wondering what the routine is here? Do you normally come back and update if you conceive? As I noticed you are not meant to post BFP in this thread?

That is so exciting!!! I don't know what the rules are but it would be awesome to be updated. Congratulations and lots of baby dust to you!

That is so exciting!!! I don't know what the rules are but it would be awesome to be updated. Congratulations and lots of baby dust to you!

Thanks blauren! I'll keep you updated via PM if the rules say no updates!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->