**Waiting and Waiting...2018 Mommies To Be! <3**

I am hoping March is the month it was meant to be too! Hopefully it is our month Karoolia and the other March waiters!

Thanks, I can't wait! I'm just sitting here waiting for AF to show so I can start this cycle. Should be here today or tomorrow. Also trying not to get my hopes up for a surprise early BFP.

It looks like your cycle lines up with the start of the month a little more than mine. I feel like that makes more sense, even though it obviously doesn't matter. Good luck!

AliJo - I have no carpet in my house so that makes me care a lot less about accidents, lol. I also put towels down on the couch and kitchen chair where he sits. So far we haven't had any accidents outside of the training pants though.

swedengirl - Sorry about AF! :hugs:
Best of luck this cycle, lots of baby dust! :dust:

MrsB17 - Exciting about the positive OPK and EWCM! Hopefully you're getting a good feel for your cycles in preparation for TTC. :happydance:
I'm pretty certain I'm about to ovulate. I've been getting tons of EWCM and an increased sex drive, my big fertility signs. This is also right on track for when I should be according to my calendar. I'm not thrilled that I've been having longer cycles than normal (one 34 day and two 32 day so far since DD compared to my normal 28 day) but at least my cycles aren't all over the place like they were after DS until 4 months after he weaned and at least it appears that I am ovulating. I'm relieved that so far it appears that I'm at least going to have a normal LP this cycle as last cycle my LP was only about 5 or 6 days. I'm positive it was due to breastfeeding hormones, that's not normal for me and it's the first time I've ever recorded/realized it happening to me.

Well ladies, I seem to have accidentally skipped the TTC phase. We didn't prevent this last cycle because a) it was literally my first cycle off BCP in 9 years and b) we were away on a zero privacy family trip that spanned over my predicted ovulation day. Looking at my chart though I think I ovulated right after we returned home instead.

Anyway, end of the story is that I now have a surprise BFP! I haven't told DH yet. He has been sick all week so I want to tell him when he is feeling well enough to enjoy the surprise. We both agreed we were comfortable with an early BFP if it happened, but he thought I was crazy for thinking it was even a possibility. He thought we would be lucky if we got a positive in March as planned.

Karoolia - Congratulations!!! How do you plan to tell him??

Kalon - The house we might be getting doesn't have much carpet so that will be a bonus when it comes to potty training.

AliJo - Thanks! I'm not really sure. I'd love to do something special, but I don't think I can hold off telling long enough to really plan anything too crazy. Maybe I'll pick up some of his favorite cupcakes from our local cupcake place (they are amazing!) and tell him we are celebrating and make him guess what it is about.

You could give him the cupcakes and tell him you're celebrating then tell him just a minute you'll get him a drink and bring out a drink in a bottle lol

That's a really cute idea! And I still get cupcakes. Let's face it, I'm the one who wants an excuse for cupcakes haha.

karoolia - Congrats on your :bfp:! :dance:
I'll add you to the expecting members list. Please let me know when you have a due date. FXed for a H&H 9 months for you and a healthy bub! :D

AliJo - That's definitely a plus with a new house! :thumbup:

I wasn't feeling super broody before, I just knew that I wanted another one. Now that DD is officially a toddler the broody bug has hit big time! It's going to be hard waiting another year and a half but I know that it will be worth it and it will go by more quickly than it feels like it will right now. :wacko: :coffee:
I think I'll feel a little less crazy once we get down to the 1 year mark and below. Last time it felt so much closer and I felt more relaxed about it when we only had months left instead of over a year.

Karoolia CONGRATS! Wooo! Heres to a happy and healthy 9 months :happydance:

Congratulations kargoolia :) so exciting... have fun telling your husband. x

Thanks so much everyone! My poor DH spent most of the night on the couch because he was coughing so much the bed was shaking. I want to tell him today though, he's been pretty good during the day so I think he'll be able to enjoy the news without a coughing fit ensuing.

MrsB - Congrats on the positive OPK! That's great news. You'll be feeling very comfortable with your cycle and tracking by the time you get back from your honeymoon!

Kalon - I think everything goes by quicker once you hit the 1 year mark - finishing school, wedding countdown, moving, etc. Good luck with the wait!

Congrats, Karoolia! I love hearing this kind of story!

I want the story of the reveal, too!

karoolia - Congrats on your :bfp: :happydance: I'm excited to hear about the reveal to your DH!

Keely - That's awesome that your DS is doing well with potty training! Honestly, my DS1 wasn't potty trained until right before he turned 4 :blush: On the plus side, it was super easy at that point - he was fully potty trained in like 2 days and hasn't had an accident since.

I'm super broody and so right now, the six months until Everett turns 1 feels like forever. I don't think I'd feel quite as anxious about it if my cycles had started again. But they haven't and it's stressing me out. I'm trying hard to be patient, though.

DH and I are going to be moving, soon. At this point, we're not really sure where we are moving. We're going to try to move back to our hometown to be closer to our families, but rentals up there are few and far between. We're looking at buying a house, but we can't currently get a mortgage for it - DH and I have essentially no credit. We're hoping the owner of the home will be willing to do a land contract/rent-to-own option for a couple years so that we can build enough credit to qualify for the mortgage we need. Unfortunately, the owner is out of the country for the month, so it's hard to get to talk to him and get anything figured out. We won't really know until he's back in the States. If that falls through, I'm not sure what our next steps are going to be. I really hate all this uncertainty. I understand it could really pay off but I'm way too much of a control freak to have big stuff like this not planned out. Either way, I'm really excited to move.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Congratulations Karoolia! Please update and let us know how your husband reacted! I always cry when I see/hear about husband reactions.

I am on the list for May, but we are officially NTNP! I finished my last pack of bcp in January, and we decided neither of us would be upset to get pregnant a little early. If it hasn't happened by May, then I will begin temping, charting, and using fertility aids to try to increase our chances.

I told him yesterday. I went out to get some ingredients for a sauce I was making and stopped by the cupcake place. After lunch I said we should have the cupcakes. He was kind of confused because we normally would only have treats after dinner.

So this part is a little silly, but I hid a positive digital pregnancy test in my bra. I told him I had a surprise for him in my shirt. He was very confused, but reached in and pulled it out. He was totally shocked. He said, "you can't be pregnant you tested last weekend and it was negative. I've been too sick for BD'ing this week, how can it be positive?" I calmly explained to him that he was a doctor and knew exactly how that could be! haha

After he thought for a few minutes and got over the initial shock he was very excited, then proceeded to cough for 5 minutes haha. He is still a little surprised since he really didn't think it would happen so quickly. Today he congratulated me on a successful first day or pregnancy. I said, I have been pregnant for a few weeks now. Again he paused for a second and said "right, but it has only been real to me for one day". His reactions have been keeping me laughing.

Karoolia- oh my gosh!!!! Congratulations! So fast. Ah that's so cute!

Ah, MrsB I'm sorry the job situation hasn't worked out yet. My DH won't be starting his post training job until summer/fall 2018, but we're in the midst of waiting for the right opportunity to be available (a lot of docs around here sign on a year or so early) so I know the feeling. This medical journey is frustrating.

Thanks for all the love everyone! I have to admit I am terrified now. I never realized how nerve-wracking early pregnancy can be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->