waiting for ivf and struggling!

Congratulation pinkie I agree need to see the ring.xxx

Ducktales ah so lovely glad it went well today

Goodluck with your scans tomorrow mummy.w

Pinkie congratulations! What a darling, creative man. Hold him tight!

Duck congrats on your scan, looks perfect!

Hi everyone, just still getting over this cold, haven't been doing much other than grabbing snotrags here, there, everywhere. The sun has been out all weekend, lovely 26degrees C. I hope everyone is doing well!

Arw ducktales cute!!

Got my midwife in 2 hours so hopefully here the heart beats.
Let you know how I get onc x

Pinkie - Congrats!!!! That sounds so romantic.. So much excitement, baby and marriage! Wishing you the best! x

Minxy - Awwww try not to think about you, like the others have said, you focus on yourself, your important right now. I know it sucks hearing more pregnncy news but just try to block it off. A lady I know was LTTTC and finally became pregnant after 10 years!!! it was so much excitment, I was so happy for her as I know the feeling of TTC, sadly she lost the baby within days (She has health issues) but anyways try to stay strong! xx

mummy.wannabe - It must be ever so nice to have a friend with you who is also pregnant. I wish when Im pregnant I have someone else pregnant same time as me to

Ducktales - Good to hear that all went well! xx Thats great!

2have4kids - Yeah the weather has been great, its been sunny here too. I love the sunny days!

No updates for me, Im just waiting around for the 21st for my appointment with the nurse to start the IVF which I cant wait, Im just counting the days! x

Morning ladies
I was meant to update last night but had so much to do in the house after the builders.
Its a complete state.
I'm off Friday so don't want the whole day spent cleaning because I get tired quickly too and need lots of breaks.

My midwife was so lovely.
It took around 2 hours to fill in all the forms etc
They go through everything, explained the extra checks ill get.
The high risk consultant I need to see.
They do a urine sample, blood pressure and take blood.

I luckily get to have 2slots for my 12w scan.
Which is next weds at 9.30am so only 6 days to wait and ill be 11+6.
It really is flying by.
As I have a slightly higher bmi and carrying 2, I have to have the glucose test to check for gestational diabetes.
Everyone says its horrible.
I have to fast over night and go in at 8.30am to have blood, then drink the extra sweet drink. 2 hours ill be expected to be there before I can eat.
I know ill feel sick. That's on 5th June and 1 in sept

She reassured me on all the pains and cramping and said unfortunately they won't stop now.
The babies are the size of limes today!
They also said they are trained to deliver a breech twin but only if twin A is head down will they deliver B breech. So at least I know.
If I get that far. Ill be induced at 37 weeks so 7th nov now so I know that's the latest x

How is everyone?
Its been a hard week and looking forward to my 3 days off x

Hi everyone, mummy good luck with your scan tomorrow and hooray for limes! There's still so much positive news here even with a few of us still awaiting our bfp's. Glad to see.

I was teleworking this afternoon, kitties on the bed with me when an email came my way with a May long weekend wine tasting tour in Kelowna (middle of beautiful lush BC forest with crystal blue lake Okanogan). $200 CND round trip, 4 nights, taxes in, flight + complementary coach tour wine tasting at a choice of 3 different sets of 4 vineyards. So I booked for my parents, OH and I. I think it'll be dad's last journey, with the Parkinson's he's declining quickly. So excited now! And I haven't had wine since Christmas!! Smile is back on my face.

Mummy - all sounds good news at the midwives, roll on Wednesday.
If I were having twins I'd want a c-section, I think I'd get very tired & be worried about complications. It's good they're keeping an eye on you.

2have4 - the holiday sounds great & a complete bargain. Just what you need.

YH - 21st should fly round. I've found time drags but once I've started the drugs it flies until actually waiting for the outcome.

Afm: today is our 11th wedding anniversary & off on our little mini break to the coast. Not going far from home as don't want to tire myself out before treatment but staying at a lovely pub with good food for a proper pre-treatment relax & just enjoying being together and going for walks etc.

Hi Everyone

Mummy - glad the appointment with the midwife went well, sounds very thorough! 7th Nov doesn't sound very far away!

2have4kids - sounds like a fab trip, I love wine tasting! I hope you have a lovely and memorable time, especially with your Dad

Ducktales - Great scan pic! You must be so relieved, bet you cant wait for the 12 week pic

Minxy - happy anniversary! Hope you have a lovely time, the Norfolk coast has some really beautiful spots. It will do you good to have a break at this stage

YH - not long until the 21st! I think we should all get medals for patience, the waiting part of IVF is a total pain!

Hope everyone else is doing well :hugs:

Well here are a couple of pics of the proposal/ring:

We have our scan tomorrow so if all goes well we will go into wedding planning mode next week. Just want to get to the scan first. Don't know if I'll sleep a wink tonight.

xxx

Attachments

• IMG_3874 v2.jpg
    IMG_3874 v2.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3876 v2.jpg
    IMG_3876 v2.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 12
Minxy - How long did the drugs take for you? Thanks for your comment it got me excited to quickly start the process! x

2have4kids - Thats great! bet you cant wait! x

Pinkie - That is soo thoughtful of your hubby and well pretty! you must of been over the moon when you saw it and your ring is absolutly beautiful! good luck with everything! x

mummy.wannabe - Great news! Nice to know everything went well, not long left by the time you know it Nov will be here. My builders left yesterday and my bathroom floor is a tip, it needs a good cleaning and moping. Anyways Im now going to relax and enjoy a cup of tea! x

2have4kids that sounds like a good deal and nice to relax.
Make the most of the wine!!!
My scan isn't until next weds tho ha

Minxy happy 11th anniversary!!!!
hope you have a lovely time away too.
Make the most of it.

Pinkie love the pictures!!! That is the sweetest thing!! Bet your family are happy.
Good luck for your scan. Post a pic too x

yearning it will soon be your appt.

How's everyone else?

I've been feeling really bad the last 2 days and can barely eat tho I'm
So hungry.
I've not put on any weight yet. Not sure if its good or not.
With 2 I think I should have at least put on a few.
I lost 5lbs at the beginning because of the sickness x

hi everyone
mummy - great news about the midwife and her being so good, and good luck for wednesday - good news about the weight - i have put on 2lbs already because the only way to dull my nausea is to keep eating !
Pinkie - what a beautiful proposal, the ring is gorgeous, congrats again
2have4 - wine tasting, yummy (well not yummy at the moment) but that would be my idea of a dream weekend away!
Yearning - boo to the cleaning - i hate cleaning up after builders!
Minxy, enjoy your weekend away, sounds lovely
Bundles -hi how are you?

I am off to the Cotswolds today for my mother in laws 70th birthday, the family are staying at a lovely house on a nature reserve until sunday.
i am looking forward to it but truthfully i am so nauseous i am not sure i will enjoy it.
I am in bed by 8.30 every night as my nausea gets worse and worse as i get tired but we have dinner out tomorrow so that won't be an option
i am also really fussy about food (and eating all day) which is a nightmare
im sure they think i am making up the symptoms - and positive my MIL wants to say "but you are only 7 weeks, you can't be feeling unwell!"
Also a 3 hour car journey (with the MIL and SIL)
oh and they want me to cook tonight!!! have told DH he will be doing that - they want Chicken Pie - i can't even say the word chicken without retching!
xxxx

Your not making them up! People get them from the beginning.
I've been feeling bad since 4w+3!
It isn't as bad sometimes but the last few days I can barely eat as what I eat makes me feel worse.
Sometimes you just don't know what's best to eat.
Oh the joys of babies.
Next week for me is when food starts crossing the placenta so I really need to try eat more veg, I'm struggling with that at the mo so started having veg and dip in the day, got to limit my sugar intake as the pancreas can't break down sugar as well in pregnancy so the blood sugar levels stay high, giving you gestational diabetes.
I don't eat too much sweet stuff anyway really.
I can't eat fruit but the acid is making me sick.

It will be nice to be away but try have some you and hubby too without them.
Why are you expected to cook tonight then?
My MIL would never expect that at all.

Has your SIL got a partner? X

Hi everyone

Looks like I'm going to be here for a while longer yet. We had the scan and they found an empty pregnancy sac :cry: I have been told to keep taking the progesterone and go back next Friday for another scan just to make sure.

Obviously we are gutted but trying to stay positive. Going to focus on planning the wedding for September and then third time lucky in October.

It really does seem so unfair sometimes. x

I am supposed to be 6+3. I just want to stop feeling pregnant now and get back to normal. I have sore boobs, nausea and bloated and I know I'm carrying an empty pregnancy sac. I hope that they can give me something to right myself next week.

Oh darling I'm so sorry.
That will be the progesterone and they want you to carry on taking it.
Was hubby with you? So your going back this Friday? X

Yes, DP was there too. It was awful having the internal scan and crying hysterically :cry: It seemed to go on forever after he told us the sac was empty. I'm finding it hard to keep taking the progesterone knowing its useless. He told us the chances of finding anything next week are slim. I feel sick and tired. Also don't know if I should expect cramps and bleeding as per a miscarriage :shrug:

I'm not sure. You would have to ring and ask the clinic.
Its fine to cry and let it out, don't keep everything inside, I think it makes you worse.
Did they say why it might have happened? X

No, just one of those things. He said its relatively common but most folks can get back to it and try again naturally. Its so much harder for us of course. I have googled it and some folks do seem to get something at a follow up scan but this is usually when they scan early or aren't sure of the dates, neither of which is the case for us. I knew as soon as I saw the big black hole on the monitor that it wasn't right. x

Oh pinkie33 I am so so sorry.
You must both be devastated. Try and stay strong

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"