Waiting til 2015

Can I come and join you ladies in here?

I was meant to start TTC last year, but work (or rather lack of a permanent contract - through choice) got in the way.

I'm single and am choosing to do this on my own. I'm hoping to start around late spring some time. I'm actually letting myself get excited about TTC again.

Can I come and join you ladies in here?

I was meant to start TTC last year, but work (or rather lack of a permanent contract - through choice) got in the way.

I'm single and am choosing to do this on my own. I'm hoping to start around late spring some time. I'm actually letting myself get excited about TTC again.

Welcome, Caite! Spring is right around the corner! That's awesome and admirable that you're doing it on your own. You rock! :flower:

I'm trying to figure out what we may like to do on Valentine's Day/TTC Day. :) I work the night before and the night of Valentine's Day, so I'm thinking a quiet, romantic breakfast at home after I get off work that morning and then... <3 Lol. I'm just not really feeling going out to a crowded restaurant for the "stock" V-day dinner...

3 weeks to go for us, I'm getting so excited!!

Hubby would love a little boy but I think the odds are stacked against that with already having 2 girls. I can't decide either way, I see positives to both :) we won't find out though (we didn't with our second either) and it will be a looooong wait!

3 weeks - you must be so excited! I think it's lovely when people don't find out what they're having. I don't plan on finding out either.

Welcome, Caite! I think I remember you from the "Broody and Babbling WTT 'til 2014" thread. And I think I've also told you that it's admirable that you're doing it on your own. I was also planning to have a baby on my own until I met DF. Are you planning to just use a donor or to co-parent with someone? :wave: :flower:

I'm definitely finding out, I barely had the patience to wait until the minimum 18 weeks last time and I like to plan things. For me it was just as special finding out at the ultrasound and I felt so bonded to him because I could start imagining my little boy, my Liam and it made my pregnancy feel more real. That and I thought for sure that I was having a girl so it probably would have been more shocking than exciting to go through my pregnancy expecting a girl and then finding out the opposite at birth.

Looks like a couple of you have dates coming soon, how exciting! :happydance:

Finding out is exciting too!! We found out the first time and I loved that we could name her and buy for her :)

Mia was named the day after she was born, we had a list of names but not a specific one chosen. I don't even think her name was on the list in the end, hubby named her :)

I totally understand the bonding thing, I think that's actually quite true.

I always told DH that once we have a boy and a girl, we can have a surprise and not find out. I NEVER thought that we'd get a boy and a girl on our first two tries! lol. But now it seems so perfect. We have everything we need for the next baby already, and we have no preference since we already have one of each. Plus we already have names picked out, so that's done. It'll be super exciting to find out at birth!

I was always worried I wouldn't be able to bond as much if I didn't know the gender, but then we call the baby "Baby" for the first few months after birth anyway just by habit, and I get super bonded the moment that test shows a positive. lol. So this time I think it'll add a lot of excitement to constantly wonder who it is.
I think it'll also help to not dread labor as much when it means getting to find out who our little baby is!

You can find out the gender with a blood test? Never knew that.

Next time I'm probably getting a genetic disease blood test done as well. I know for a fact that I'm an LCA carrier (my maternal grandfather has LCA) and if DF is too then we have a 25-50% of our baby being born with it (LCA causes babies to be born blind but only if both parents are carriers). I don't think that DF is a carrier but finding out the gender much earlier than usual will be a huge plus so I'm pushing for the test anyway. :haha:

4 weeks, 3 days! Ahhhhh!!!!!
We are definitely finding out the gender in advance and we want to do a gender reveal party! It makes me so excited just thinking about it! 2 nephew on my side and 1 (almost 2) on hubby's, so I think it will be a lot of fun to do that!
We got to save-the-dates for summer weddings and I can't help thinking that I'll maybe have a baby bump at that time!

We did a big gender reveal party last time, it was super fun!

I would love to do a gender reveal party but we wouldn't really have anyone to invite. Heck last time I didn't even have a baby shower because there weren't any of my family or friends close enough to throw me one. I'll probably just do the same thing that I did last time and call people and post on FB to tell them. I'm not announcing until after my ultrasound though, even if I get the genetic disease blood test done. I don't want to get told that I'm having a girl from the blood test only to announce and then find out at the ultrasound that the test got the gender wrong and I'm actually having another boy, that would be so embarrassing.

Beth, that's awesome!! So you did the pink or blue cake, I'm assuming? I can't wait! May even have long-distance relatives FaceTime in for it :)

Yeah, I was on broody and babbling 2014 Kalonkiki. Thank you for saying I'm brave. I'm planning on having IVF overseas. Firstly, it is cheaper than here in the UK, but most importantly, they have anonymous sperm donation abroad, which is what I want.

Maybe it's me being selfish but I love delivering a baby when the parents don't know. I never tell them (even if I know - I don't always, if I'm honest). That excitement when the parents look down and see whether they have a baby boy or a baby girl is amazing! I love it.

I'd never heard of a blood test to determine baby's gender.

4 weeks, 3 days! Ahhhhh!!!!!
We are definitely finding out the gender in advance and we want to do a gender reveal party! It makes me so excited just thinking about it! 2 nephew on my side and 1 (almost 2) on hubby's, so I think it will be a lot of fun to do that!
We got to save-the-dates for summer weddings and I can't help thinking that I'll maybe have a baby bump at that time!

My brothers girlfriend said she's going to do a gender reveal party either this month or next.

kiki- when my mom was pregnant with my brother she did the nursery for a girl because she was having another girl only to find out it was a boy lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->