Waiting til 2015

I wouldn't have anyone to invite to a gender reveal party. I think my friends would be like, "can you please just instagram the ultrasound instead?" lol. I would definitely do the cake thing to show my child the gender of his/her sibling tho.. That would be so cute!
Can't believe this is THE year. I sometimes want to start TTC immediately, and other times I freak myself out and wonder if I should delay it to next year! I guess I'm used to always thinking "next year"

Beth, that's awesome!! So you did the pink or blue cake, I'm assuming? I can't wait! May even have long-distance relatives FaceTime in for it :)

We actually did a few things! We found out the gender the day before my daughter's birthday party, so we made a huge 4 foot box and packed it with It's A Boy balloons (added bonus was my daughter LOVED balloons - so when she opened the box and they all flooded out, it was really fun for her and for everyone who could read the balloons!

Then we had cupcakes that had blue filling in the middle so when everyone bit into them, they'd see the blue. On the top were little pink and blue sweet candies in the shape of baby feet.

We also had the name on the wall all wrapped up like a gift. My daughter pulled off the wrapping paper and everyone could see what the name of the new baby was!

That's such a cute idea SugarBeth! Love it. :cloud9:

Actually the blood test is almost always right if it predicts a boy but is wrong a lot when it predicts a girl. There will always be x chromosome indicators in there because of the mother and the baby but sometimes they miss the y chromosome indicators when it's a boy so it ends up being a false girl prediction. It happens pretty often.

Can't believe this is THE year. I sometimes want to start TTC immediately, and other times I freak myself out and wonder if I should delay it to next year! I guess I'm used to always thinking "next year"
Lol I feel exactly the same! :wacko:

Tomorrow my cousin is being induced to have her second son because when she gave birth to her first son it was rough. He even spent time in the nicu and now he's fine.

Good luck to your cousin, I hope that her induction goes well. I was induced after my water broke because I had pre-e and they wanted me to labor faster, but they didn't do it it until after I had my epidural fortunately. It sped up my labor so quickly that it surprised the hospital staff, I honestly don't think that I even needed to be induced. :thumbup:

I've been induced both times so far. My babies don't want to come out!

With my daughter, my water was broken (and I had tons, gushing water, not trickling!) for THREE DAYS. Everyone gave up on her coming by herself, so I was induced.

With my son, we waited until I was just over 42 weeks before going in and getting induced.

This time, I'm taking my due date and just adding two weeks. lol

I saw the picture of her son on facebook and he looked healthy. He was born around 12pm EST.

I actually kind of hope that I make it at least close to my due date, but I'd rather not go past 40 weeks. So basically anywhere between 39+3 to 40+6 weeks would be perfect. I had DS at 38 weeks exactly (probably due to the pre-e). I don't think that I'll go much past my due date, I think that I'd be lucky to make it to 41 weeks. I think that if I did though I'd ask to be induced at 41 weeks, I don't think I could handle being pregnant any longer than that!

I would love to never experience going to 42 weeks again. It was ROUGH. Can't say that enough. Haha. But I want to give baby every chance to come without being induced, so I know I'd do it again if that's how my body is going to play this. I so want one birth that isn't in the hospital and forced to happen. I'd love to experience labor happening naturally! I guess I'm willing to wait it out to 42 weeks for that chance. lol

Beth, awwww those are adorable ideas!!!

Tver, best of luck to your cousin!

Congratulations on getting to 2015 without going too crazy girls, best of luck with the rest of your wtt and ttc journeys.

Xx

I started looking at prams today! omg I need to stop myself lol

I wish I could go to 42 weeks! I'm diabetic so isn't safe to go past 38 weeks. I ended up with an emcs last time after a failed induction. 8 hours on the drip and barely a twinge! Planning an elective this time round.

I'm sorry that the drip didn't do anything, Salamander91. At least your DS was safe and healthy though right? If my epidural didn't make my DS's vitals improve then I probably would have needed an ECS as well. I think I'll be getting an epidural again but I'd like to dial it back a bit more compared to last time. I couldn't feel my contractions or pushing at all, and I'd really like to at least feel a little bit next time.

I started looking at prams today! omg I need to stop myself lol

lol nice!! think my sister is giving us her double stroller when her boys get too big.
i LOVE looking on pinterest for color schemes and room ideas! i love duckies and snoopy!

Since we're not finding out the gender next time and I always go way past my due date, I'm doing an elephant theme with a grey and yellow or grey and green theme. I love elephants! I have a huge pinterest board with ideas.

If I ever went team yellow (I might if our girl sway works this time and we have a third child) I would want to do a forest friends theme in gender neutral colors.

I never thought that I would say this, but I'm so excited that AF arrived this morning! I've been miserable since weaning DS but this just made it totally worth it because it means that I was right about breastfeeding making my cycles irregular. I just wasn't expecting to have a perfect 28 day cycle the very first cycle after weaning him. I'm really hopeful that my cycles will stay a perfect 28 days now. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->