We Are Family...I've Got My BnB Sisters With Me!

thankyou, it's such a relief to get to 13 weeks tomorrow :happydance:

how are you?

Ive been in with my 2nd false alarm, the first was that bad I needed gas & air and morphine but I wasnt dilating and the morphine stopped the contractions. Thursday night I went in but contractions stopped and was 1cm dilated and today I have woken up to loads of gooey brown cm, so I have lost my plug and feeling very crampy so I hope its not long now.

Hayley cant believe you are 2nd tri already, it seems to be flying by hun, love the pic and glad all is well.

Where is everyone???? xxx

oh wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! come on macy, we wanna meet you xxxxxxxxxxxx

hi girls..
wow ella and callum, by now you could haveyou baby in your arms. hope all is well..

hayley... you doing great, when the sickness pisses off you will fly it i am sure... and be able to enjoy it.

havent been on much, cos oflots of things, mainly cos my dad, who, as you know was diagnosed with prostate cancer a while ago, they gave him 2 years to live if he went for the chemo, 6 months if he didnt, so he he went for the chemo, and three days after his first dose, he had massive stroke, so obviously the treatment has had tostop, so even with a decent amount of recovery from the stroke, ( which has left him blind in one eye and without the use of his left side, with no hope of rehab on it as it was such a big bleed there is too much damage) . he hasnt more than a few months.... he is being brought home on monday so my mum can take care of him and they can treasure what time they have left.... we have spent the last two weeks trying to organise a passport for Alfie, so i can get over for my dad to meet him, and for me to see him while he is still with it enough to know who i am... we fly over this coming thursday .... getting his passprt has been nightmare....but it is now organised... this has been sucha bitterswet time for us, as having alfie is so wonderful, but my heart actually hurts with the sadness it is carrying at thinking of my life without my daddy in it, for myself and for the children, he has been such a great man in our lives and he is going to be missed like nothing i can even begin to explain....

so,thats my news and thats wh i havent been around. good to hear our other girls are doing well.... and we will soon be celebrating some new arrivals, and have our spring babies to look forward to.....

love to you all...
lou
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

OMG Loobi!! That's terrible!!! My thoughts are with you and your family hun. :hugs: I hope you can get your LO over to see him.

lou so so sorry to hear about your dad thinking of you and really hope little one gets to meet his grandad!! all the best and sending you loads of love and hugs

hayley glad all is well lovely, loved the scan photos!!!

clare how are you still trying to evict baby macey? really hope she doesnt keep you waiting tro much longer!! keep us posted so exciting

im mi same to you lovely hope your have tried soem of the ideas on facebook not long now

well i had a show on monday!!! i think thats early had a show a week before my daughter arrived!!! but midwife doesnt seem worried! been having strong braxton hicks 2 but really hope baby stays put alittle longer

love to everyone xxx

Sorry I haven't posted for so long girls, i've been reading and keeping up with you all though!

Claire, I hope things get moving for you soon! sounds like it wont be long now!

Loobs i'm so sorry about your dad :( Will be praying for you and your family <3

Jane, omg a show?! thats exciting! i'm sure all will be okay, though, some people can walk around for weeks dilated a couple of cm without labour starting :)

Hayley, how are you doing? cant believe your in 2nd tri already!

As for me... well, i'm pretty stressed out at the moment. my midwife is driving me nuts. My fundal measurements have been a little off once or twice and they are just panicking over nothing. 4 weeks ago they thought the baby was too small, now they are saying it's too flippin' big!! My midwife is really into natural birth and homebirth and yet she is being so negative all the time, getting me to come in to be measured pretty much every week even though she has said herself that there's no cause for concern and its really chipping away at my confidence.

She said today that apparently, "we have to treat this like a first labour because it's clearly a bigger baby than your first". i mean, WTF does that even mean?? for one, EVERY BABY IS DIFFERENT. EVERY PREGNANCY IS DIFFERENT. and, guess what, EVERY BIRTH IS DIFFERENT. also, what the hell makes a first time mum any less capable of giving birth than a second or third time mum?

her subtle comments and attitude towards my birth are full of unfounded negativity and it's really bothering me now. I have decided to decline all further fundal measurements because i just do not need this stress. Fundal measurements are notoriously innacurate at this stage of pregnancy, and she said herself that the reason why i've 'jumped ahead' on the chart is because baby has moved up a bit out of my pelvis, as is common with second babies.

Sorry for the rant girls, i'm just fed up with this negativity. Just a few weeks ago I was psyched for my birth, and now i am actually anxious about it which SUCKS. I'm having a completely natural homebirth with no drugs whatsoever, and the only way i am going to get through it and ENJOY it is if i feel confident - and if my caregivers dont trust my body to give birth then it's going to be hard for me to do the same. Ugh.

I'm just not going to call them until i hit transition. then they can show up to be there to watch me catch the baby, stitch me up if needs be, and then they can go home. Suits me fine! i wouldnt have minded them being there for more of the labour but I am losing confidence that they will be as hands-off as i want and need them to be.

laura, sending you lots of love xxxxx

immi, i can't believe they are being so negative! i would refuse to let them measure me if i was you. they told my friend that her baby would be huge & she was 6lb 8oz and born just 2 days early!

i'm feeling loads better now & i'm just starting to get a little bump which i love! i'm actually starting to enjoy it.

hope you are all well, any news on possible appearances from our little ones yet? xxxxx

congratulations immi on your new little man :happydance: can't wait to hear all about him, lots of love to you & your lovely family xxxxxx

Omg imogen, have you had your baby? I am so jealous, congratulations again hun cant wait to read your birth story.

How fed up am i now, lol! Take care xxxx

congrats im mi just senn on facebook so so pleased for you lovely cant wait to hear how your home birth was and his name xx

clare wont be long lovely she will be worth the wait xx

Hey girls, hope we are all OK, I am still pregnant, grrr!! Got midwife soon, she said she will do a sweep so heres hoping. I keep having lots of pains but they amount to bugger all so getting the major hump now, and still cant help but worry about the christening next Sunday as we are Godparents and really want to be there!!!

Hope baby is doing well Imogen and I keep checking to see if you have written an announcement, so when you get a minute keep us all informed hun. xxx

Hey girls, hope we are all OK, I am still pregnant, grrr!! Got midwife soon, she said she will do a sweep so heres hoping. I keep having lots of pains but they amount to bugger all so getting the major hump now, and still cant help but worry about the christening next Sunday as we are Godparents and really want to be there!!!

Hope baby is doing well Imogen and I keep checking to see if you have written an announcement, so when you get a minute keep us all informed hun. xxx

keeping checking to see if your around!! bless you i really hope things start moving really soon lovely!! coz my other 2 were early and on time i really thought to myself i wont go over but i suppose every pregnancy is different!! did you think the same?
fingers crossed with the sweep lovely xx

hi girls! sorry i havent been in here for so long! thanks for your congrats and well wishes :) we are doing great, cant believe my little bug is a whole week old already. For those of you that dont know, my little boy was born at home after an unmedicated labour at 11.16am on 23/9/10, weighing 8lb 1oz. his name is Ciaran Patrick :) the birth was incredible, i loved it and it was such an empowering experience. i am a total birth junkie now :D if anyone wants to read my birth story it can be found here, with pics (some nudity so nsfw) - https://community.livejournal.com/naturalbirth/1721142.html#cutid1

will be in again soon to catch up with y'all, got to dash now as Ciaran has filled his nappy, lol. xxx

OMG IMMI:hugs::hugs::hugs:.....What an amazing story to come back to sweets...so beautifully told and catching the essence of what birthing is all about:hugs: You made me cry sweets several times....just when I thought I'd got the tears under check....more would be sliding down my cheeks:hugs: So very happy for you and Dan sweetheart, give little Ciaran a kiss for me...gorgeous name by the way as well:hugs:

Claire....Hope you're not kept waiting too much longer sweetie...thinking of you:hugs:

Jane...How are you doing chick? Have you everything ready now? Not long for you either:hugs:

Loobi....sending lots of love and thoughts your way sweetheart:hugs:

Hayley....How's second tri treating you honey?

Does anyone hear from Erin these days....???

No real news from this end...still plodding on and hoping for an appointment to see a reproductive endocrinologist soon.....Yes I found the only one that works within a 25mile radius of home and then badgered my sweet GP to do the referral...:thumbup:

Just a quick announcement to say I had my little girl Macy on 30 September at 05:07am weighing 7lb 8oz after a sweep with my community midwife that day. Labour 2hrs 37mins! I will post my birth story when I am feeling more with it. All's well with both of us, although I am feeling very sore in my back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->