We made the trimesters pass quickly!

I wasn't allowed to change her as my disclosure hadn't come through yet. I had my own as I'd been a childminder but I needed one in the name of the nursery setting.
I thought it was disgusting that they had set nappy changing times xx

Christ,that is just awful!! How can they be such thing as set times to change bloody nappies? That's dumb! Xx

I know. I change a nappy as soon as it's dirty!! Xx

I know, imagine leaving your baby in a shitty nappy till it was time to change it! I bet those babies at that nursery where going home with very sore bottoms. Xx

Lol sorry Kian. I'm sure they won't all be the same xx

Nursery's are not all the same, you just have to be sure you find one were you trust the staff to look after them properly.

Pink im so sorry that they leave your baby to cry :-( I would be heartbroken at the thought of leaving my baby there :-( lucy put on 9 oz in 3 weeks and the HV said that was fine and she's gaining perfectly but I guess it varies with each child. London looks perfect :) xx

It's looking like he's going to the one Tristan goes to. Tristan has been there 18 months and never had any problems.

He was with a childminder before that and there were a few things that didn't sit right. He even ended up with a pot on his arm!

Well thats good then as you already have some trust built up with them, i'm sure you'll know if elijah is happy or not while he's there too Xx

I'm sure you will find a good nursery BB just have a look around. I've worked in two, one was only for a week. A little girl wanted a cuddle and I was told not to, about five minutes later she threw up poor girl just wanted a bit of comfort as she felt ill! They other one I worked in was great, they had set nappy changing times buy you would also change the nappy whenever it needed to be done, each child was put to sleep they way the parents instructed us to, for some it was pit them in the cot awake for others it was to rock them asleep, it didn't matter to us.

Pink I can't believe they Let your baby cry :(

I'm sure you will find a good nursery BB just have a look around. I've worked in two, one was only for a week. A little girl wanted a cuddle and I was told not to, about five minutes later she threw up poor girl just wanted a bit of comfort as she felt ill! They other one I worked in was great, they had set nappy changing times buy you would also change the nappy whenever it needed to be done, each child was put to sleep they way the parents instructed us to, for some it was pit them in the cot awake for others it was to rock them asleep, it didn't matter to us.

Pink I can't believe they Let your baby cry :(

This is what seths nursery is like.

Okay ladies I need some advice. I cannot for the life of me get my child to take a nap unless he's laying on my chest. I nurse him to sleep and put him in his sleeper and he wakes up after 5-10 mins screaming. I've tried swaddling him but he wakes and fights to get out of it. Then he babbles for a while before screaming. I have no choice but to let him nap on me because he's super fussy and cranky when he's tired. What should I do? I'd hate to let him CIO but I cant possibly lay around for two hours after work while he naps.

Hi pink. Have you tried a comforter? Archie has a blanket and he adores it, he won't settle without it now, he likes to rub it on his Cheek. X

I have sort of the same issue with Henry but it's not all the time, sometimes he will happily go into his cot. I tried putting one of my tshirts in there that I had slept in do he could still smell me. I've heard of others expressing a little but of milk onto a blanket as a comfort

You could try putting a blanket your chest then moving him with the blanket when he is asleep.
When lucy had chicken pox I had to tuck me dressing gown into her mattress like a sheet so she would sleep without me for a little bit xx

Thanks ladies, I'm going to try the shirt thing. Actually in a few so I can get a little break. Last night I let him fuss, because I got tired of him going back to sleep while I was literally getting him from his bed. He fussed for about 2 mins and then slept for 4 hours. There is now way that will happen for nap time though. Even though I'm next to him the whole time in my bed.
How are your LO's doing?

I'm glad you managed to get some more sleep. :)

Girls, I don't know what to do with Elijah. He used to be such a happy smiley and shouty baby and now all he does in whimper and scream. I'm sure it's teeth. I've been trying baby bonjela. I don't really want to give him Calpol all the time. I just don't know what to do. I want my happy baby back.

Pink sometkmes letting them have a little winge for a minute or so can be there way of settling themselves down, obviously if they begin to cry that's a different story as I don't believe in letting a baby cry it out (just my opinion) but a little winge for a minute or so won't do him no harm :hugs:

Kian - I used to use nelsons teething salts with Madeleine and it worked wonders! Archie gets a bit frustrated now too, I think there at that age where they want to do things but they just can't, Archie is always watching Madeleine playing, yesterday she was having a fruit shoot and he was looking at the Orange bottle trying to grab it and he got so frustrated in the end.

Kian im having the exact same with lucy at the minute! I'm unsure if it's teeth/growth spurt or because she's going through leap 4. It's so hard... she's pooing after EVERY single feed too! Xx

That sounds like teething Carly!

I've had an Amber anklet on Elijah all day and he's been a different baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->