We started together....

was thinking about a surf board but that doesnt really help with nap times does it, or will she not nap much by then? x

Haha surf board? Blonde moment. I mean buggy board lol x

Do you mean a buggy board? I think you use surf boards in the sea... ;p

Addison stopped napping a couple of months ago, I rarely use his pushchair but I know my in laws do. I think it depends on how much you walk, we don't walk big distances so he doesn't need a pushchair, if we go shopping he walks, if we go to the lake (10 min walk away) he walks or goes in his trike. My in laws still use the pushchair from time to time, mostly if they walk into town which is almost a 30 minute walk. If you walk alot then Id say yes you might well need a double, if you dont walk big distances then a buggy board might be ok. There is always the option of getting a carrier and putting baby in the carrier when Ellie wants to sit in the pushchair when she is tired. Only reason we've kept hold of the quinny buzz is because I want to use it if we have another baby, otherwise I would have sold it because I never get it out from under the stairs.

Haha I realised when I said it, surf board, must have the seaside on my mind :)

Ive got a silvercross from when Ellie was born, but I dont use that anymore its bulky so I use her buggy, but like you Ive kept it for a future baby. I do do a lot of walking, I dont drive, OH does but he is at work all day so we do go for lots of walks in the day. I might do what you said and if Ellie does get tired, pop her in the pram and keep a carrier under the pram for the newborn to go in. Thanks for the advice, helps to talk to mums with older children.

And please tell me you are joking that nap times end at 2 haha! Thats the only hour of the day before bed that I can get anything done and 5 mins for myself. I was hoping that would last til she was 3 at least :) x

Well i feel like crap physically i am shattered but mentally better and ready to get back on the diet i am the same weight as i was lasy cycle and i want to lose at least 2lb by ovulation, weekends are the worst for dieting for me but i will give it a shot :) and i go on my holiday next saturday so i will probably gain then so if i at least get a few lbs of this week it wont be so bad when i gain x

Nat, youre not allowed to diet on holiday! Its the one time of the year (along with Christmas) where you can enjoy nice food :) I say this and then I wonder why I dont lose any weight!! Think I allow myself too many treats

Are you not sleeping well? x

I didnt sleep well last night it was too hot, i am dieting up until next saturday when i go then i will have a carefree week while i'm there but until i go i want to get a few off x

Flower - Nope unfortunately the naps stopped a while back...oh how I miss them!!! He is more independent now so I can get on with things while he plays, not a great deal but some things. He could probably nap some days and he did fall asleep on me Monday morning, it was so cute, I had my baby back for about 45 minutes lol. I was going to lie him on the sofa, but I liked having him snuggled up to me. Thats the only time he has napped with me in a good 2/3 months. I had to stop him napping because he was not going to sleep at night because he wasn't tired. He used to nap for 2 hours, was bliss!!!

That's another thing I kept, Addison's carrier...I think deep down I knew we'd have another cos despite hubby saying no to another I refused to part with his pushchair, carrier and the nursing chair. I sold most of his clothes, but I had it in my head that if we had another it would be a girl so I don't need them...I better have a girl!!! lol

Now I just need to hurry up and get pregnant, will be good timing because Addison will be at Preschool and so I'll get plenty of quality time with the new baby...if there is a new baby of course.

Nat - weekends are so hard when dieting, I always struggle...I'm supposed to be going out to dinner on Friday night with friends, I'm not going to worry about it though and will just enjoy the meal and make sure I'm on the diet over the weekend to limit the damage. You've been through alot and its emotionally and physically draining, I'm not surprised you feel run down. Take it easy and give yourself time to recover. xx

Yeh thats what Ellies are like, 2 hours at a time. Because she gets up so early, they are usually around lunch time, so shes normally tired in time for bed. Need to make the most of them while she still has them!

Ellie only goes to sleep on my chest when shes not so well, teething etc. Like you I always think to put her down as I have stuff to do, but they are so rare and they arent babies for ever that you have to appreciate little things like that. They grow up to fast!

If it all works out (hopefully it will soon) for you, that will be ideal, as you'll get one on one bonding time with the new baby. Perfect :) x

I am going for lunch with my friend on saturday but i am going to enjoy that, i have been taking it easy when i am with oh he does everything for me bless him, we are having a chilled night tonight, this week is going pretty quickly x

Ooooh lunch out will be nice.

Addison is off to stay with his grandparents (my inlaws) tomorrow and Friday night, so we're going to pick him up on Saturday. Its a shame I'd made plans with Friends as it would have given me and the hubby an opportunity to go out just the two of us. I can't remember the last time we had anything that resembled a date. Maybe I'll suggest lunch on Saturday before we pick up the boy....although that will ruin the diet some more.

Flower - Ellie is still young so you get the baby stage abit still, whereas Addison is definitely no longer a baby...if I ever call him my baby he tells me he's not a baby, he's a big boy. I dont know whether its a boy thing, but he's not cuddly either, doesn't like cuddles very much, and if he does its on his terms. I miss him being a baby, which is probably why I feel so desperate to suddenly have another...

Yeah do lunch, me and oh spend 3-4 nights alone but thats because its just us atm so its easier for us but it would be nice for us to go out somewhere together we havent in a while, i dont do alot with my friends lately so lunch and shopping will be good x

Yeh she is really babyish still which I love, but it makes me feel a bit better that Addison is so independant, as I still feel guilty at times on Ellie with the new baby, she will grow up a lot more in the next 9 months. They grow up so fast :( want to savour it more next time.

Me and OH made a pact on our last date night at the beginning of June that we needed a date night once a month, just to help us out as a couple. July passed, no date, we are now in August, which is passing quickly, still no date haha. Its our anniversary since we met next month, so least weve got an excuse to go out. Its so hard to organise with children x

Aw a bit of retail therapy and gossip sounds perfect Nat :) x

It will be and i just realised i have enough money saved to spend on holiday, enough to put money in baby savings and enough to start xmas shopping :D cant wait to get that started and out the way x

We said the same Flower...and I cannot remember the last time we went out just the two of us. Getting a babysitter can be abit of a hassle so usually find it easier not to go out.

Time just passes so quickly, August is hurtling by and I've had people mentioning Christmas to me...I mean what the f*ck!!! I can't think about bloody Christmas yet. I had an email from a friend asking what I'm getting Addison for Christmas, I don't blimin well know, I dont know what I'm getting him for his Birthday which is November. I should probably start shopping for it, cos once September is here I feel like I'll blink and Addison's birthday will be here with Christmas hot on its heels!!! Time really does pass too quickly.

My niece is a similar age to Ellie and when I look after her she's so sweet and cuddly and I really see how much Addison has grown in comparison. They do grow so quickly and you will see big changes in her in the next 9 months, its scary how quickly they stop being your baby. When I think about us having another baby, and think right if we fell this cycle, then we'd be looking at May/June for a new baby which would mean Addison would be 3 and a half, that would be perfect...but really September of next year is the latest I'd want to have another baby. Nothing like putting pressure on myself!! lol x

Haha cookie i am already thinking about xmas if i am to have a baby soon i need go get everything out the way, we need to get a house that will be easily sorted after xmas has passed lol i can move in with oh but he doesnt live close to my mam like i want to be incase of emergencys i'd rather be as close as possible x

I have to admit I'm too excited about Christmas!! I've already wrote Ellie's list to Santa with what I need to buy haha! Getting her loads of dolls stuff, she's into dolls at the moment! I'm so excited for the winter run up to Christmas, wrapping up with hats and gloves, I love that time of the year. Sorry for wishing all your summers away :) x

Im firmly in summer mode and can't bring myself to think about Christmas, but I think I need to at least think about Addison's birthday...think I need to start buying presents.

I do love Christmas though, last year Addison was very excited about Christmas so this year will be even better.

Still its only August so I refuse to get anything organised until September. x

Is Addison a December baby then? Ellie is Janruary which is waaay too close to christmas for my liking, my bank balance is still recovering from christmas then I have to go out and buy more presents! My minds at a blank as Ive got her everything for christmas. Least this baby will be an April one, so not too close together x

I feel like punching myself sometimes after reading ovulation can come late after a chemical i want to use opks to see if i do catch my surge i still havent been able to identify my lp so it would be nice to know how long it is, but people who are ntnp dont use opks lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->