We started together....

Nat, with the amount of times you said you and OH DTD I dont think theres any need for charting etc. You should easily catch that egg :) x

Flower - he's a November baby, November 25th, so exactly a month before Christmas. That's one of the reasons I dont want to conceive after December this year as I don't want a baby born near to his Birthday, already have his and my hubbies bdays in November, and then Christmas...we can't afford another birthday in those 2 months.

Nat - What about checking your cm? Did you notice clear cm changes? Maybe if you just go by cm and don't use opks you'll be able to keep it relaxed. I'm definitely not going to use opks but I want to be able to pinpoint ovulation so trying temping...just hope tomorrow morning Im abit more successful. Opks can make things stressful I have found, maybe you should try temping, you wont know you have ovulated until after its happened but at least you'll have a day to go by and can work out your lp and for dtd purposes you could just go by cm changes.

The amount we bd makes it hard for me to identify which is cm lol but i got sore boobs 2days before o last cycle so i could go by that and i dont wake up at the same times on weekends and once im awake im awake so that doesnt appeal to me i will jus go with the sore boobs then do one opk that day and see what happens with that if i havent bd prior to that it will be tough luck lol x

I didnt use OPKS. I just checked for EWCM and just ensured we BD that night. Main reason was because I didnt want to waste money on OPKS, secondly like cookie says they cause so much more stress, as then you panic if you cant BD that night is OH is working or away etc. I didnt temp or anything. We just literally BD every other night. Just keeps it relaxed that way x

Yeh the whole taking your temp thing doesn't appeal to me, but I really did get stressed with opks, so I figure this way I'll be able to pinpoint ovulation and will know when af is due, but it wont stress me out around ovulation. Will just see how it goes. x

I dont think i can bd monday or tuesday next week both fertile days but i can wednesday, thurs morning and friday night, friday is suppost to be ovulation, i only know this because this is our general pattern its not planned lol x

Yep no more OPKS for you all, no cheap tests and no early testing! Ive made a pact for you all :) Just regular Bding and a relaxed approach haha. Im saying relaxed, Im worrying all the time now, it never stops, I just hate knowing so early, be glad when I know everythings OK! x

The early days of the first trimester are horrible, its very easy to worry. Everything will be fine Flower, think positive.

Yes no opks, no ic tests and no early testing...just relaxed and patiently (or not so patiently) wait for af to appear (or not as the case may be). x

Thanks. Its just as its so early youve no access to scans, I have a baby heart monitor I kept from ellie, but that can only detect the heartbeat at 14 weeks, so miles to early for that and theres obviously no movements etc. Might sound daft but I want morning sickness to kick in so I properly feel pregnant! Sure il take that back when/if it does!

Definately think thats a better approach. I can imagine that if you expect a positive on an OPK at a particular date and it doesnt occur, it stresses you out, which delays ovulation even further. Think a natural relaxed approach is better. Do none of you get ovulation pains? I only started getting them after having the implant removed so again that was a good sign to use to pinpoint! x

I dont know, I dont think so...I get alot of niggles due to my ibs so its hard to tell if I have other pains. Cm seems to be my only indicator of whether ovulation is happening so I'll just go by that.

I had sharp pains the day before my positive opk last time thats it, my gran bought my cousin a outfit ages ago and never got to give her it, its 3-6 months and shes gave it to me i hope this isnt jinxing x

Hi Ladies

Hope you dont mind me writing in this forum... I'm new to all of this & after a bit of advice :)

My partner & I after TTC after years of being on the BCP.

I fell pregnant last year whilst on the pill but had a miscarriage. However this time we are TTC asap

I took my last pill a couple of weeks ago & had what i thought was my first period on 9th August. This last for a few days (as normal) and i was expecting to ovulate this week. However yesterday I started bleeding again, like another period.

Is this my actual first period after coming off the pill? Does it mean i wont ovulate this week and that my ovulation period should be in approx 14 days?

Any help/advice/support would be great

Thanking you xxx

Hi kayless, i used to have this problem on a regular basis, after going to the doctors i was told it was to be expected and that i may get this regular bleeding every two weeks for between 3-6 months, as you would be bleeding every two weeks you would not ovulate.

Obviously there is no guarantee i am entirely right though so i would go to your doctors just to check.

I have been temping every day and it has been up and down every day.i have been trying to stick to the same times but some times it is hard. The temps are abit yo yo but i think i have noticed a pattern though.

Christmas is a long way off for me although i am well prepared for it. I was originally hoping that the conception reading was right so i could suprise my family in there christmas cards saying it was from bump as well.

Hi Ladies

Hope you dont mind me writing in this forum... I'm new to all of this & after a bit of advice :)

My partner & I after TTC after years of being on the BCP.

I fell pregnant last year whilst on the pill but had a miscarriage. However this time we are TTC asap

I took my last pill a couple of weeks ago & had what i thought was my first period on 9th August. This last for a few days (as normal) and i was expecting to ovulate this week. However yesterday I started bleeding again, like another period.

Is this my actual first period after coming off the pill? Does it mean i wont ovulate this week and that my ovulation period should be in approx 14 days?

Any help/advice/support would be great

Thanking you xxx

It doesn't sound like you have or will ovulate if that is your period, it takes a while for cycles to straighten up after being on bcp, i wasn't on very long 6 months max and mine went straight back normal, if it is your period you will unfortunately have to wait another 2 weeks to see if you ovulate. Will you be using anything like ovulation to see when and if you do? xx

Kayless - Im not much help, I was on the BCP ages ago, but ended up conceiving DD whilst on it, then went on the implant after I had her, didnt want to risk falling again on the pill. I know its a different form of contraception, but with that I had a period 28 days after removal and then conceived 2 weeks after that. Think lots of women return back to normal quite quickly after birth control. Good Luck :) Maybe try positing in the first trimester bit to speak to ladies who fell pregnant not long after BCP. Sorry to hear about your miscarriage x

Mrscherbert - thats such a cute idea with the christmas cards :) I really hope that reading is true! Id love to see everyones faces when they read and bump bit! x

We just dtd and omg it hurt he hit off my cervix alot it never hurtd like that :/ x

How are we all today, i am feeling better being back on my diet i didnt even feel ill last night so clearly my belly doesnt like being oveloaded with fatty food any more and makes me ill lol day two of the diet going well x

Hey ladies:

I'm glad you are feeling better nat. Maybe your oh was a little over excited to see you, mine was the other day despite the scenario we were in. My mum phoned me last night and had ago at me for the arguement me and hubby had.hit me quite hard and i really struggled to sleep as a result. But shemake me see things in a different light which helped.

How are we all?

Yeah maybe we did it later on and it didn't hurt, i suppose it depends on cp as well, mums always have a way of making us see things differently, mine made me think something totally wrong the other day, i suggested oh spend time with my cousin they are good friends, well my mum said maybe that's not a good idea hes vulnerable after what happened he was very upset, atm he still seems very down i feel he may actually be suffering a form of depression hes been through alot the chemical may have topped it off, anyways last night i asked him to please make the effort to move on from what happened, finally i caved and told him i didn't want someone else comforting him when i was away, i want to be the one to comfort him, and i am going to spend my holiday worrying about him at home, i trust him 100% my hormones must have just been running wild, i instantly felt bad about it x

Argh just came back on and read what happened, I'm sorry Nat :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->