We'll Be Over The Moon, When We Get Our BFPs In June! Newbies welcome :)

ya basically. I mean we get good medical and retirement (is OK!) ... but leave SUCKS until you have been with them like 20 years.

What is yours like?

EDIT: the nice thing is MAX ill pay to have this baby is $500.... so that is nice. (assuming DH has the ability to change our insurance in time... which he should)

Well I work for a HUGE global corporation so our benefits are really good actually... I get 10 weeks pain through my company once baby is born (12 weeks if I had a C-section). Then the state of California pays me disability for 6 weeks (paid concurrently as my mat leave), then California pays me 6 weeks for "bonding time," which I can take up to a year after baby is born. So I get 16 weeks total.

I still say look into state benefits. If you pay state disability insurance, you will be entitiled to paid benefit through the state, protected as far as I know, as though you were out due to injury or illness.

WOW nice Emily!! Ill look at state, but I don't think I get it. We tried for like aflac short term disability and they no longer do it for maternity leave.

WOW nice Emily!! Ill look at state, but I don't think I get it. We tried for like aflac short term disability and they no longer do it for maternity leave.

Wow... I was looking into Colorado mat leave info, and frankly, they SUCK! I was talking to a friend of mine who lives in Tx, and she is going through the same thing... She doesn't even get 6 weeks... she gets 4. 2 through her vacation and she is saving up for 2 unpaid. I could not imagine! :cry:

Yay, I just looked too....we get NOTHING! Your lucky! My boss said I can have how ever much I want unpaid (my co-worker did 6 months....). Yay BUT UNPAID! Anyways, Ill do 3 weeks paid... and then I guess well see from there. My DH will also have some time built up unpaid (but not sure how much) ... so maybe he can help take off time and bring me the baby to work or something.... I don't know how it will all work out :( But well figure it out. Being able to work from home and hoping the baby does a lot of sleeping, I should hopefully be able to figure something out. Ill just need to make sure I leave enough work for me to do from home.

Robert- your dates seam wrong to me... maybe its my preggo brain, but you would only be on CD19-ish on July 1st.

Emily- when did you start your bump pictures.... debating when to start mine. Also when do people start looking at day cares?

Cassidy- ( I believe you were the one that asked) fathers day was great. I got DH 2 cute little onesies for the baby. One was "kinda" for me.... it said "Daddy and I both know mommy is the boss" and the other one said "haggin' with daddy" and it was a daddy frog and a baby frog and the best part is it had a frog hat! Otherwise we had DH's family over for dinner and his parents gave DH a gift card to babies r us...which was nice!

Lala- SOOOO SORRY!!! must hurt. However, so glad you are ok from the tornado's.... where are you based?

Morgan- thanks for the photos...so cute!

Rachel- I suggest house #1 ( I feel like I am watching housing hunters)... to be honest location is what will sell your house one day (when you are ready for that step).

AFM, I am in my "2WW" until my next scan (july 1st) and then we will be telling people. DH CANT wait to spread the word... he excited.

My dates are totally off, you're right! Ill be on CD20 on the 1st (PHEW!). With my last pregnancy, I got preg from a July cycle (lmp was 7/7/12, got my :bfp: on 8/3) so maybe July is my lucky month! I had a prediction done by Skye and she predicted a July cycle bfp for me, so we will see!

I think its adorable that your hubs is so excited to spread the word. Proud papa already!

Does Colorado have something similar to the FMLA (family medical leave act)? that is another way to get some time after the baby comes.

Does Colorado have something similar to the FMLA (family medical leave act)? that is another way to get some time after the baby comes.

FMLA is Federal, but it does not guarantee pay. It protects your job while you are out for up to 12 weeks, but it does not guarantee pay. And there are limitations on FMLA: You have to employed for a minimum of 28 hours per weeks for 1 year consecutively, and your employer must have 50+ employees within a 75 mile radius. People who work for small companies often don't have any options. :(

Just had some pinkish CM! FX AF decides to show today or tomorrow so that it will be light by wedding day!

Also, after looking at other people's charts it seems like my temps are high. Most people seem to be around 97ish degrees and mine are all 98+. Wonder why...

ash, your base rate might be higher. or you might have better progesterone levels. or you might have a thyroid thing (like faster metabolism). i wouldnt worry about it; it's not *that* much higher, and it's all about the trend. (at least that is what i have read).

Thank you ladies soooo much! :cry::hugs:

Here is where i am located, tornado alley =/ storm from OK came right over us.

good luck jury hop eyou catch you egg and it sticks!!

Nikki- OMG!! Your preggo!!! wooooo thats awesome

Has anyone else had a chemical? My period is 4 days early this month, this is the first month after.... Kinda weird.

Only thing i never did was basal temps, do yall should think i should start doing this? The reason why i didnt is because ive heard its tricky and hard lol

Attachments

• zfar21889.png
    zfar21889.png
    15.4 KB · Views: 1
Emily-Boo for not being able to lift Danny :( However, you get amazing maternity leave! I'm with Nikki....We can basically take off however long we want but we don't get paid for any of it. I called several short term disability places and many of them don't offer maternity pay anymore. If they do, you have to be paying for it for 6-12 months before you are actually pregnant. My employer had Colonial, but were doing away with it the month I inquired about it. So, I had to start it that month in order to enroll at all. I will get 5 weeks paid for vag birth and 7 or 8 weeks for c-section. If I want to get paid through my employer, I will have to use sick/personal days. We get 13 each year and I'm not good at saving them...so IF I can go to work every day this next school year I will have those lol

Nikki-I have already been thinking about day cares lol I don't think it's ever too early!

Ashlee-After I O my temps are above 98 too.

AFM-My opk today was one of those "almost positive ones. The only day they've been definitely positive was Saturday. It worries me that the lh still seems to be so high though. My temp hasn't shot up yet either, it's just gone up a little gradually. Not sure what to think...hoping I O'd already!

The state of California MAKES you pay for short term disability. It comes out with your state taxes from every paycheck, so they damn well better give me good maternity leave! LOL! If I never had to take disability, I would have to pay my whole working life never to use it. I will make sure to maximize it since I have to pay for it anyway.

The odd thing is, if you work for the STATE, like you are a teacher, you get sh*t! It is really backwards. With my companys, we have employees all over the world, and in places like Europe and Canada, the maternity leaves are really long. I think that's why my company has such good benefits, cuz it has to compete with other global firms.

Ashlee- Mine were always high... like 98-100.... not sure why, but I always had good progest.

Lala- thanks!!

Julie- yep sounds like we have similar situation. The only benefit I see with me is that I can work from home AND I can work my hours when ever I want (aka weekends, nights if DH and I want to mix it up). Ya, I thought about daycare today because my work offers daycare on site and they sent an email today about how there are openings. So I was debating if it was too early to call them. DH and I are trying to figure out if we want the on site daycare (since we work together) or something close to home. With onsite we can take like 15min breaks and check on baby or have lunch with baby or if baby is sick it is easy to get him/her. However if we had an apt after work and didn't wanna bring baby then we would have to go all the way back to work to pick up baby vs. daycare being close to home. So I dont know yet... Ill check out a few, some day soon.

AFM, I get a Doppler.... DH and I found the heart beat tonight :) about 130!!! So cool!

Ash- maybe IB, don't forget that! ;) And ym temps don't really go down completely till like day 2 of AF.

Lala- Welcome back! I'm glad you're ok from all the scary tornado stuff going on around your area.

Mirolee- no AF or spotting yet?! Eeeeeek I have high hopes for you!!!! Testing tomorrow???

Yes. I bought more tests. Who am I? You girls are a bad influence on me. ;)

Amanda- thanks for asking! It seems I skipped a page when catching up this morning lol. I don't think there's any chance for a BFP this month unless there was some sort of miracle- LOL. Oh well, always next month :)

Hehehe. I wanna see that BFP Mirolee!!!! FX for you!

Mirolee-We are a bad influence...but really we are just really hopeful for you! We are living vicariously through your possibilities! lol

Emily-Heck yeah you better take advantage of that! I'm glad we aren't forced to pay for it, but I sure wish we had better options.

Nikki-That's a hard one, but I don't know if I could beat being able to see my baby anytime I want during the day! lol We have a preschool across the parking lot at the school I teach at and there is also one right down the street from our house...so when our kids get to be preschool age, that will be a dilemma for us too.

Well, I checked my cervix and it looks "medium" as far as openness. Usually it closes up pretty quickly. It's stressing me out. I guess I'll have to see what my temps do over the next few days. This is making me really look forward to clomid...
Of course now I'm getting mad at myself bc last month was a good month (the month we took off grrrr...) and I was eating better and off soda. This month I've been slipping on eating and have been drinking soda more often. I'm blaming it on that.
On a positive note, DW and I worked out together tonight. She's planning to do a Tough Mudder in September but has not been training! If she doesn't get started she will die lol We've both been wanting to get back into working out, so we did it together. It was fun and I feel better about myself today lol

AFM, I am in my "2WW" until my next scan (july 1st) and then we will be telling people. DH CANT wait to spread the word... he excited.

Aw how exciting!!! I know I've told you before but congrats :) It's so exciting to finally get to that stage in the pregnancy where you feel a little more "safe" and are free to spread the news. You get to relive all the excitement you felt when you first got that BFP basically lol.

Has anyone else had a chemical? My period is 4 days early this month, this is the first month after.... Kinda weird.

Only thing i never did was basal temps, do yall should think i should start doing this? The reason why i didnt is because ive heard its tricky and hard lol

I had one in August 2011 and then technically had another this month/last cycle. I miscarried before 5 weeks so I believe that's considered a chemical. However, I can't really answer that because I counted the day I started bleeding/miscarrying as day 1 of my cycle and TTC right away. I didn't wait for my period to show up again the following month to see if it returned like normal or not. I got pregnant right away - ovulating 2 weeks after the bleeding started from my chemical. This time around, going for the same thing. My bleeding/chemical started on June 6th so I counted that as cycle day 1 and am expecting to ovulate in the next couple of days. Sorry I wasn't much help there.

I'm on my 2nd cycle of temping. I started sometime in April after having my Implanon removed but I don't think I ovulated until I got my first AF in May so it really didn't do anything but get me in the habit of temping daily. I don't really find it hard to do. I set my alarm for 7am every morning (on the days I open at work, that's when I wake up anyway so it's convenient for me) and keep my thermometer next to my bed. It has a memory in the thermometer so I don't have to jot down the temp right away - I can go back to bed and check what it was when I wake up. I temp orally because I'm lazy/it's easy but it can give you more erratic temps making it harder to really analyze them but it's been pretty accurate for me regardless. The only thing that I think is hard is making sure you get at least 3 hours of sleep before taking your temp. I have nights where I toss & turn all night so I don't really get a solid 3 hours before my alarm is set to go off so sometimes I have to take my temp earlier or several hours later than I normally do making it not entirely accurate but again... it's not really been a huge issue in determining O or pregnancy for me so far.

Good luck!

Waves, how are you doing?

Thanks for asking :) Doing alright over here... in my "fertile period" and expect to O tomorrow (Wednesday) or Thursday but we'll see. I'm only temping and going off CM/O-pains so we'll see what happens. We BD last night. I figure we'll just BD every night until the end of the week just to be safe. I know you can get away with doing it every other night but I tend to turn OH down a lot when we're not TTC so I'll let him get in as much as possible.

It's so weird - ever since my last pregnancy, I've just not had any interest in sex at all. Not just with OH but even if Ryan Gosling (my celeb crush) were ready & willing I would totally turn him down too lol. I've just lost all my sex drive and OH hates it. We thought it was my Implanon causing it because it's a common side effect but even now that it's gone, so is my sex drive. So anyway... I figure every night this week will be our "method." Depending on how I feel, we may skip a night or two here or there but we'll see.

I had a big temp dip this morning but I didn't toss & turn like I usually do when I get a dip like that. I don't recall sleeping with my mouth open so who knows. I really only have 1 cycle to compare it to and those temps were all over the place but is it a common thing to have a temp dip before ovulation? What's the deal with that?

I'm also ridiculously bloated today but I think that's more of a constipation issue than anything. It's kinda funny though because a friend/co-worker came up to work today and we were standing around talking and I just happened to rest my hand on my belly/bloat and I caught her looking. The day after I went to the ER for my miscarriage, I had to work 8-4:30 and I was just physically miserable and made a public post on Twitter/Instagram about being stuck at work while miscarrying because I was so angry/frustrated/miserable so it's not really a secret anymore. I'm pretty sure my family are the only ones who don't know. Anyway... over the weekend this friend read the post and text me to talk about it and ask if I was okay. So I thought it was kinda funny to see her steal a glance at me resting my hand on my bloat.

In other news, one of my friends is going on 2 days of early labor and should be delivering soon. I also got word that my cousin (she's a year younger than me) had her membranes stripped yesterday, lost part of her mucus plug today and thinks her water is leaking so they think she'll be admitted/induced tonight as well. I didn't think she was due until July so I'm not sure why her membranes were stripped but regardless... two people in my life are about to pop out babies and I'm insanely jealous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->