We're all in this together!

One of the reasons I am high risk is because I have thyroid disease. It doesnt work very well (underactive) which impacts my hormones. I have to be closely monitored when pregnant because if my levels are too high or too low it can cause birth defects (one of the reasons I was actually told I shouldnt risk unplanned pregnancy as I was supposed to be monitored through ttc apparently). Anyway, when pregnant I apparently can have problems with the meds and need higher dosing. I had my bloods done at my 12wk scan but they contacted my MW and asked for me to be taken in for another run. So, guessing I am having abnormal thyroid function readings. Did mean I could get the Downs syndrome bloods done though. Baby did NOT want to get into the right position for the NT reading!

Yeah my midwife (Same as last time) even commented on my gentle giant :) I mean, when I say crying I mean really crying. It was touching he was so touched by the experience. I sometimes think that english men would do well to take some lessons from the scandanavian men!

xx

Ah I see, we'll hopefully they're just double checking and everything is ok hunni :hugs:

Oh def Hun! Simon doesn't do emotions! He cried when we got married and when his mum had upset him, filled up when O was born but that's it lol he's getting better and did well up when I told him about jelly tot :) xx

Sarah - Hopefully everything will be ok throughout your pregnancy :hugs:

I have only seen Karl cry once and that was when Tyler was born, it's so amazing to see them so emotional though isn't it? :cloud9: xx

It breaks my heart to see him actually cry cause when it's happy tears he just wells up and gets choked, I think if we have a daughter he might cry lol xx

Oh he will!

Hmm..im hoping matt WONT cry this time. :haha: He cried with A for a solid 45 mins, even the midwives were laughing rofl. It was sweet he was so overwhelmed but he was speaking total jibberish the entire time couldnt get any sense out of him except the line "we have a son omg we have a son!!".

Be nice to get a kiss, cuddle and family hug this time around :p

xx

Haha bless him! He was just overwhelmed! My brother cried every time he looked at Elsie-Lou for about a week! Haha

I'd like more of that too, I think your first birth is so different to how we picture it, but then we make sure we do these things the next time round :)

Top of my list is make a solid birth plan and but it in my hospital bag first!

Ladies I have this strong fear that when we go for the scan we won't see anything, I'm really worried this time, I have no need to be in that I haven't had severe pain or bleeding, I just feel like it's a possibility this time and I didn't until right before the first scan with O. This is why I want it so badly! If we had to wait until 12wks I'd be tempted to get a private one first! Xx

Laura - I was exactly the same when we went for our 12 weeks scan, I was the same with Tyler to be honest which is why we had the private scan at 9 weeks with Tyler. I know it's easier said than done but if you have had no pain or bleeding then I wouldn't worry too much, plus the progression on your hpt's is amazing! :D :hugs: xx

Ok so now I'm seriously scared. Lots of EWCM with a pink tinge to it and a few cramps. I just want to sleep and when I wake up there be no tinge. I actually wanna cry right now. I have such a bad feeling

Laura - I posted this in your Journal but fingers crossed that the EWCM and the pink tinge is nothing but Jelly Tot snuggling in a bit more, hopefully there won't be anymore :hugs: <3 xx

Laura - You are bound to be chick, we are all here for you but hopefully it was just a one off! :hugs: xx

Seems to be, thanks hun, i think because i never had anything with O i was expecting to be pouring with blood in seconds! :dohh: don't feel too bad today just staying busy and been looking at tandem pushchairs and baby carriers! Cant decide what to do about a pushchairs cause O probe won't be in one that much but it'll be easier when I'm on my own. Might get the stokke my carrier though maybe get that then see how we go with the carrier and pushchair we already have!

What are you ladies doing about pushchairs? I love the bugaboo donkey or icandy apple 2 pear but they're super expensive so won't be getting either :cry: xx

Laura - You're welcome hun. Glad to hear that you are feeling better today, seeing any sort of tinged CM or blood is scary.

It took us a while to decide what we were going to do regarding pushchairs, we have decided that we are going to have two separate pushchairs rather than get a double, I see other ladies with double prams and they seem to struggle on the bus and getting in and around shops etc :wacko: I would love to get a baby carrier and have Tyler in the pushchair and carry Jayden, my back just won't hack it though :( xx

I love the Donkey but cant justify the spend. We will get a double but no idea which one yet. Im also going down to surestart for a lesson on slings. You can rent them for 3 months really cheap and I am really appealing towards a sling for the first few months just for the freedom around the house and out and about.

I know I responded on FB but pink tinged ewcm is soooooo normal and common :) So much blood vessels around your cervix atm. With his one I hvent had bleeding like with A but I also had an episode of bloody cm right about where we think you are.

Your just an anxious mummy hun RE the scan worries. Natural to wonder what you will see. But you are very much pregnant and theres no indicators that this is nothing but a happy growing jellytot and youll have your scan soon to prove it!

x

Thanks natt, I had a sling with O but it was my Aunts and didn't have much back support, the ones you can get now are fab! Think a tandem is def what we'll go for rather than a double.

Thanks Sarah hunni :) it is expensive, love it though! Haha most of the ones I like are half the price, Phil and teds are good, like the jane twone ones too. Think we'll go to kiddicare in Peterborough as it's the biggest and has hundreds of pushchairs! So we'll go pick one then shop around :thumbup: probably not long after the 12wk scan! :haha:

It was just bizarre how random it was, had quite a few cramps today so I thinks it's just jelly tot making my womb his home!

That's very true, you just hear of so many mmc's now :( I'm glad I'll be starting work as it'll keep me busy and hopefully it'll be next Sunday before we know it!

Xx

Laura - You're more than welcome. I might look into one but will probably end up with a pushchair :haha:

I prefer Tandem pushchairs rather than double's, I don't like the side by side one's :( xx

The problem with tandems as opposed to doubles is there isn't much room in the bottom seat and I hate the idea of having a newborn pretty much on the floor! One of the grace ones we just looked at, Oscar wouldn't fit in it now let alone in 7months time! We're going to the main kiddcare store once we get to 12wks so we can have a good look and play with them :)

Laura - Sounds like a good plan, at least then you can look at them properly and have a walk round with one :D

I know what you mean about the tandem pushchairs though, I think that is why we would rather have two pushchairs, at least then we know that both Tyler and Jayden will be comfortable :) xx

Another reason I dont like tandems - one of the babies gets a crap view lol. I know doubles can be a pain, but I dont want one to miss out and the older they get the more they will want to see. Suppose its not so much of an issue though when you have a bigger age gap, but with A only being 6 months when I got p the duff again, he has a fair bit of pram time to go :p

Cramping this time around is the devil. Ive been in agony over the last week. Two days ago I thought I was in labour it got so bad!!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"