What are we all upto??????

Well my daughter is 12 now, which is the age I lost my 'V plate' (love that BTW), I don't think she has any intrest in sex at all, I know she's had boyfriends but only in her year and only fleeting things. She still cringes when I talk about it and still spells it out when she tells me about S.E.X. ed LOL.
The difference I think is that I was a city kid, alot more street wise at that age. We now live in a more rural location, kids around here are more innocent I think.

But, answering your question, if I did find out she was having, or thinking about having sex I would definately have very strong words about 'protection' and birth control, yes!

I definitely think that there is something in that i.e. town or country. We live in a town at the moment and I definitely want to move more to the country by the time our children start school. Not only are the schools normally better but the quality of life is normally better as well. I've got lots of friends happily bringing up kids in cities but it's not my ideal.

well, i had my dd just two months after i turned 15. yep i was preggers at 14. i went through with school until she got chicken pox and i missed to much school so had to quit. went back a few years later and got my GED. worked and supported her without the help of her biological father until she was 3.(that's when i met my current hubby) she is now 17 years old and we frequently talk about sex and boys and stuff. i feel accomplished because i was able to instill the value of her not loosing her V-card (that's what the kids here call it :haha:) at a young age. she's not on bc but she does have a steady boyfriend. i know his parents and completely trust my dd and him. (of course it helps that they go to different schools and are never alone together):haha:. so i think you just have to be open with them and explain how hard it is to be a parent at a young age. my dd has already decieded what she is going to college to become and that is her main focus right now!:happydance:

Thanks for sharing lilfrog and it's lovely to hear about the relationship you have with your daughter. Reminds me of the one I had with my mum - we could talk about anything (literally anything) and I really miss it. She passed away 5 years ago (2 days before my wedding) and I still miss her and think about her on a daily basis. It's one the reasons I'd like a girl because I think that a mother daughter relationship is really special. Not to say that mother son relationships aren't but they are definitely different imo.

Awww, that must have been so hard for you ellieb :( I'm sorry for your loss!!! :hugs:

XxX

She had bowel cancer and gradually deteriorated over a few years so we had lots of time to say goodbye but it was bloody hard to watch. We bought our wedding forwards by a month when we realised that she didn't have long left but it still wasn't enough for her to be there. In the end we went straight from our honeymoon hotel to her funeral after 2 nights.

It was by far the hardest thing I've ever gone through but she's still with me on a daily basis and always will be.

Mums are the best!! :angel:

Aww ellieb, that sounds really horrible babe :( I'm sorry you had to go through all of that. And I'm sorry your mum had to go through what she did. But I'm sure she's watching over you and doing her best to help you have that baba you want :)

XxX

Thanks for the kind words everyone - you're a lovely bunch of ladies!!

xxxxxx

^^ you're welcome. And yeah, I love this forum for the main reason that I can come and bitch as much as I like about how annoyed/frustrated I am and still I get positive comments and encouragement ^^

XxX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->