What are we all upto??????

You're absolutely right. There's a massive difference between deciding that you want a child and thinking that it will never happen to you. I suppose it's the same for all the smokers who think that they'll never be the one to get lung cancer. I can feel myself getting all Jeremy Kyle about this - 'it's children having children!!'

its sad but it is children having children and then they blame the child for why they never got to acheive things that they wanted to do?!

i had sex when i was 12, but i felt very very pressured into it, and cause he was older than me, my mum had no idea what went on at all.... til i had a pregnancy scare, and he dumped me, and then i found out he was cheating on me anyway with an older girl and aldo having unprotected sex with her! DAMN

It's not fair at all. Specially not on the baby/child. They grow up feeling guilty. Sadly I've seen it at work :(

XxX

I had my first child at 15, I quit school to take care of him with the help of his father , we had our own place our car and we did it on our own...10 years later I went and recieved my GED and started nursing school...I never regret having my son so young as he has taught me many things and I dnt regret not having time to ¨party or be with my friends¨ My children are my whole life !!!!

i had sex when i was 12, but i felt very very pressured into it, and cause he was older than me, my mum had no idea what went on at all.... til i had a pregnancy scare, and he dumped me, and then i found out he was cheating on me anyway with an older girl and aldo having unprotected sex with her! DAMN

ouchies hun bloody men hey!! wow 12!! i dont think i even thought about sex at 12 hehe!! but yeah i know what you mean most people do feel pressured into it and its not right either :(

I had my first child at 15, I quit school to take care of him with the help of his father , we had our own place our car and we did it on our own...10 years later I went and recieved my GED and started nursing school...I never regret having my son so young as he has taught me many things and I dnt regret not having time to ¨party or be with my friends¨ My children are my whole life !!!!

aww thats lovely hun :flower: its nice to see people like you who have made it through and got the best of both worlds for yourself and baby

Sorry for butting in. I have personal experience of this, I was 16 when I fell pregnant with my eldest (now 12), although she wasn't exactly planned I had been feeling 'broody' for a couple of years before. I was over the moon when I found out I was pregnant and I think I've done a pretty good job of it. I breastfed for 7 months (the only one in my ward when she was born, 2 other very young mums and an older mum)
I have to say I have never regretted having her, I don't regret not having a 'clubby' youth. I'm am so pleased I became a mum so young, I had a responsibility to take control of my life and become an adult. I moved out of home when I was 18, past my driving test a week later, I was married at 21 and I'm now 29 have 3 other children and a wonderful husband, a lovely house and a more or less perfect life.

I'm not saying that teenage motherhood always works out this way, but sometimes it can work, it can be th making of some girls who, otherwise, would end up no-where, clubbing every weekend, getting pissed up and drugged up and ending up in bed with a different man every saturday night.

Just my experience and my opinion. Sorry if I've offended anyone xxx

aww thats lovely hun :flower: its nice to see people like you who have made it through and got the best of both worlds for yourself and baby

Seconded!!

I first had sex when I was 14 and my mum put me on BCP when she found out. I'm really pleased that she did because I didn't end up wanting children until I was 30 when I'd got married and set up my home and business. My cousin started having sex at the same age, ended up having two abortions and is now struggling to conceive - I'm sure she wishes her mum had guided her more when she was younger.

Sorry for butting in. I have personal experience of this, I was 16 when I fell pregnant with my eldest (now 12), although she wasn't exactly planned I had been feeling 'broody' for a couple of years before. I was over the moon when I found out I was pregnant and I think I've done a pretty good job of it. I breastfed for 7 months (the only one in my ward when she was born, 2 other very young mums and an older mum)
I have to say I have never regretted having her, I don't regret not having a 'clubby' youth. I'm am so pleased I became a mum so young, I had a responsibility to take control of my life and become an adult. I moved out of home when I was 18, past my driving test a week later, I was married at 21 and I'm now 29 have 3 other children and a wonderful husband, a lovely house and a more or less perfect life.

I'm not saying that teenage motherhood always works out this way, but sometimes it can work, it can be th making of some girls who, otherwise, would end up no-where, clubbing every weekend, getting pissed up and drugged up and ending up in bed with a different man every saturday night.

Im with you not all teenage moms are not responsible my son made me appreciate life more than ever and I was only 15

i dont think youll offend anyone chick you are right it is the making of some teenage mums and im glad it was for you you sound like youve done really well :) yet again another good outcome

Thnx I am proud that I was strong enought to get through it and now my son is going on 15years old and I am also very proud of him..grant ti its not easy but well worth it!!

Can't see why anyone would be offended by that!! Good on you!!

This all started with concern for a sexually active 14 year old cousin and I know I'd be encouraging my daughter to use protection if she was active at that age, in the same way that my mum did. Out of interest, what would you do if your teenage daughter was having sex? I'm not a mum yet and it's interesting to hear everyone's opinions.

i had my eldest at 17,then baby number2 came along when i was 19,i have 5 boys and dont regret it for 1 second i was in my own place and was workingmy eldest is 18 this yr and a fine young lad he's grown up to be,if i may so myself :blush:

if i had a teenage daughter id be encouraging her to go on some form of birth control especially at her age as boys/men can make girls feel pressured and then pick up and leave when they feel like it

I didn't mean ALL teenage mums are like that... but there are those that give teenage mums a bad name. The ones that have a baby just for benefits and a house. That's wrong. But if it is genuinely a mistake and the girl takes care of their child and loves it and treats them right, then to be honest each it's own. But parents like the ones I described before make me feel sick to my stomach. It's not fair on the child, because 9 times out of 10, if the mum had them JUST for a house and money they end up being told that and it affects their self esteem.

XxX

I didn't mean ALL teenage mums are like that... but there are those that give teenage mums a bad name. The ones that have a baby just for benefits and a house. That's wrong. But if it is genuinely a mistake and the girl takes care of their child and loves it and treats them right, then to be honest each it's own. But parents like the ones I described before make me feel sick to my stomach. It's not fair on the child, because 9 times out of 10, if the mum had them JUST for a house and money they end up being told that and it affects their self esteem.

XxX

i totally agree with you there is some young mums that just arent ready for the whole baby thing .they think its all a bed of roses but soon learn there's a lot more to it than fancy pushchairs and benefits x

Well my daughter is 12 now, which is the age I lost my 'V plate' (love that BTW), I don't think she has any intrest in sex at all, I know she's had boyfriends but only in her year and only fleeting things. She still cringes when I talk about it and still spells it out when she tells me about S.E.X. ed LOL.
The difference I think is that I was a city kid, alot more street wise at that age. We now live in a more rural location, kids around here are more innocent I think.

But, answering your question, if I did find out she was having, or thinking about having sex I would definately have very strong words about 'protection' and birth control, yes!

XxX

Oh I agree! There are some I see when about in town and they make me so angry, even down to the way they talk to their children. Its so obvious why they had babies, as you say, benefits and a nice council house!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->