What Are You Eating?

Whimsy82

Reaction score
I'm starting this thread for my own selfish reasons but I bet it will be helpful to everyone.....yes, YOU!

I'm having such a hard time eating healthy. I'm aware of pregnancy powerfoods but I'm so tired when I get home that I don't want to make dinner and during the day, nothing really sounds good.

So, if you're doing a good job eating healthy everyday or close to it, post in here what you ate! It will help give me good ideas and maybe motivate others as well.

I'm not a creative cook so I need some ideas for sure. I'm really tired of relying on fast food and microwavable meals... :/

I had a strawberry and banana smoothie made with blueberry greek yogurt, skim milk and protein powder for breakfast. I plan on getting some healthy groceries tonight. Hopefully, I have some ideas by then :winkwink:

So tell me ladies...what are you eating??

I need this thread I think my baby is half elf all I want is sweets and chocolate !!!!!

For breakfast I had Cheerios cereal with a glass of orange juice and then I had a kiwi. I can't eat much due to HG and there's a very limited number of things I can eat and not immediately throw back up. It was actually a light easy option for breakfast, lol!

I'm only really early so right now not having any real trouble with nausea or anything but sometimes I don't much feel like eating.

For breakfast I have either scrambled egg (super quick in the microwave) and OJ or just toast, OJ and a banana.

For lunch, I have been making soup since it's so cold outside! I just get any veg I fancy and whizz up a batch. It's so quick. You can divide it into portions and keep in the freezer, so I tend to make one batch a week, that way for lunch I just grab a container of soup and whack it in the microwave and tah dah! That's a lovely bit of veg getting inside you :)

Smoothies are a great way to eat healthily, yours sounds yum :) I either buy them ready made or like you shove stuff in a blender and there it is. We keep berries in the freezer so there is always sometime to mix in with a couple of bananas and whatever else we have fresh.

I buy carrots and cut them up into sticks to snack on with some hummous. Again, chop them up and keep them in the fridge so you can just grab some when you want them.

Dinner I am quite lucky that DH does most of the cooking :) But for a super-quick meal you can't beat a stir-fry. Spag bol can be quite quick too, if you buy a sauce in a jar. You can add as many veggies as you like to the meat, dump the sauce on and leave for 15-20 mins. I'm no super cook though so that's about all my ideas for dinner!!

I tend to make big batches of things.

We make pot pie, and I'll make double the filling and freeze a bag so on a night I'm not feeling up to cooking, we just pull the bag from the freezer and throw it in a casserole dish and put a crust over it.

I also made a big pot of this chili: https://allrecipes.com/recipe/the-best-vegetarian-chili-in-the-world/ - we don't use the veggie crumbles, just alllll the veggies that are in there (I throw big wads of baby kales in, too, because I love me some dark leafy greens). This recipe is good for about a week's worth of lunches/dinners. And because it's just got beans and veggies, it's super healthy. (Tip: use plain yogurt on it instead of sour cream if you like that sort of thing. Especially Greek yogurt, as it boosts the protein without adding a lot of junk.)

Another favorite is lentil stew. The recipe I make is pretty close to this: https://allrecipes.com/recipe/lentil-soup/. Along with it I make a big pot of brown rice, and again - there's a week's worth of lunches/dinners right there.

I tend to eat whole grain toast with peanut butter, a glass of milk, and half a grapefruit for breakfast (anytime between 5 and 7am), and then have a snack of an apple or a banana and some almonds about 3 or 4 hours later. I'll have lunch after I work out in the late morning/early afternoon (around 2pm), usually a snack of something like a granola bar when I get home from work around 5pm, and then we usually eat dinner around 6:30 or 7pm.

Hey, guys! Thanks for the advice. I plan on making some vegetable soup this week!

Smiler82: Why did I not think of stir-fry? I used to live off it when I lived alone! So easy, and pretty healthy too.

Hehe stir fry is all I do when I'm on my own, anything else is just too much hassle. Or a pizza ;)

Not sure if it's cravings or what but fish tacos sound teriffic to me lately! Maybe I could look into some good recipes for that.

Breakfast- english muffin with butter and cheese melted on it, grapes and apple juice.

Snack- cashews

Lunch- butternut squash ravioli's with a cream sauce and veggies.

Snack- banana

Breakfast- english muffin with butter and cheese melted on it, grapes and apple juice.

Snack- cashews

Lunch- butternut squash ravioli's with a cream sauce and veggies.

Snack- banana

Aw, that sounds good and healthy! I forgot how much I love English muffins. I'll have to get some. And nuts and fruit are always a good snack option.

breakfast -shreddies
lunch- small roll with tuna and cheese ( followed by cheesecake -bold but yum :) )
dinner- chicken broth (chicken, onion, brocholi , potatoe, carrots and herbs , made ahuge pot and got 11 portions out of it, Froze some :) ) with brown rice added in after :) yummy and good :)
snack earlier -grapes
snack later- smoothie made with yog, strawberries, blue berries, apple and little apple juice.
ive only gained 3 ounds and im 17 weeks tomor so i think im doin ok :)
happy and healthy preg to all :)
hi smiler :)

Hi lilesmom! Wow only 3 pounds and 17 weeks! Well done!

Breakfast: soggy cheerios
Snack: wheat thins and juice
Lunch: chicken tenders and mozz stix from the deli at work
Dinner: green beans and turkey

Not my healthiest food day :/ But I'm going to start trying better since my nausea is getting under control.

Well done everyone else for healthy choices tho!

I'm vegan and try to eat a healthy, unprocessed, whole foods based diet my only vice is the occasional cola. Stir fries are great I made one today with carrots, green beans, broccoli, cauliflower and then I added a handful of sunflower seeds and a can of chickpeas for extra protein. I also like to make myself a big bowl of salad with some type of cooked beans or pulses in as well as a variety of colourful vegetables. My favourite salad dressing at the moment consists of 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, juice of one lemon, 1 tablespoon date molasses (optional but I like sweet dressings), 1 tsp chilli powder, a pinch of salt and black pepper, 1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (I use frozen), 1 tsp dried crushed mint (could use fresh if you have it) and 2 tablespoons fortified nutritional yeast. Nutritional yeast is amazing, on its own it smells kinda like used pet bedding-yuck- but mixed into salad dressings, soups, sauces and stews it adds a little extra something and is very high in most b vitamins and has some protein and other nutrients as well. I also eat nak'd bars the cocoa ones taste much nicer than conventional chocolate and they are made purely from blended up dried fruits and nuts. Usually when I'm in labour I eat cereal bars but this time I'm ordering a couple of cases of nak'd bars instead :D xx

breakfast -shreddies
lunch- small roll with tuna and cheese ( followed by cheesecake -bold but yum :) )
dinner- chicken broth (chicken, onion, brocholi , potatoe, carrots and herbs , made ahuge pot and got 11 portions out of it, Froze some :) ) with brown rice added in after :) yummy and good :)
snack earlier -grapes
snack later- smoothie made with yog, strawberries, blue berries, apple and little apple juice.
ive only gained 3 ounds and im 17 weeks tomor so i think im doin ok :)
happy and healthy preg to all :)
hi smiler :)

Wow, great job!

Smoothies are such a great option. I love them!

I did pretty good today.

Breakfast: One piece wheat toast with peanut butter, a banana and a 4 oz. glass of O.J.

Snack: Cottage Cheese and applesauce (mixed together! OH MY!)

Lunch: Baked potato (microwaveable baked potatoes are my new best friend!) with butter, sour cream and dash of salt and a big portion of green beans and 8 oz. of whole milk.

Snack: Half of a giant apple.

I'll probably have some roast beef and mashed potatoes tonight. Mashed potatoes are my favorite food.

Thanks for the posts! Keep them coming!

I had a home made waffle for breakfast and soup for lunch. it was very forced though as I haven't felt the greatest today.

whimsy cottage cheese and apple sauce , um..... defo craving me thinks :)
today for me :)
breakfast - shreddies
lunch- smal spag bol with lots carrots yummy
dinner, chick and cheese s/w
snack- ham and cheese wrap and glass o milk
other snack - banana

i didnt really get enough veg today or fruit, bold !!!
i have to go shopping and was just too lazy to do so :)

so far: 2 pancakes, a banana, a clementine, a piece of leftover pep pizza, half a pork chop, mashed potatoes, a pile of chocolates, a mixed green salad with peppers tomatoes and cucumber, and 2 hard boiled eggs. i dont class meals anymore - i eat frequently at random times in small amounts. lately ive been up all night and sleeping during the day so my 'breakfast' would be at like 3pm:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->