What Christmassy thing have you done today?

Ds is away to school in his Christmas jumper and I'm spending the morning chasing up things that haven't arrived yet - it always seems to be Hermes when something doesn't arrive as expected (or am I the only one who thinks this?)

Hermes are not great round here either. Back in the summer I ordered make up on behalf of my nieces mum for my nieces birthday. They threw the parcel over my 7 foot high, unlocked back gate. Thankfully it was ok, but I've had several eyeshadow palettes smashed to bits. Mind you, yodel aren't great for things turning up on time round here so I can't really be picky :haha:

I've heard they put things in bins and don't take much care!

Put Christmas bedding on the beds. I also found a sack that my mum had used for presents last year that was bigger than I remembered and decided a Christmas Eve Sack would work just as well as a Christmas Eve Box so put everything in there seeing as I still hasn't wrapped a box and had run out of paper

I've heard they put things in bins and don't take much care!
I've heard this too.

I've now been on line for best part of two hours on various live chats - so far I know that 3 out of 4 items ordered on the same day from the same company are out for local dispatch - the 4th on is still at the factory and hasn't been dispatched yet (I'm hoping it's the one for my eldest niece, I can at least explain to her why the other 3 have a gift that she doesn't). Groupon are trying to trace my Ds's main gift, tracking shows it being dispatched on the 9th and then on the 12th Hermes have it a 'delayed' at their end!!!!

Oh no! I hope that they can locate them and get them all to you on time.

I put the 2 larger gifts my mum gave us and the animals presents under the tree. Once we've reached a point where we don't have to go out any more before Christmas I will put the other gifts from family under there. I love how festive it looks with them under there.

I like the sack idea Motherofboys.

We usually use wooden crates for Christmas Eve box but I've left them in the loft this year. The elves can leave everything in the sack I used for the advent presents

I've never done a box before, and wanted to just do one family box but with 4 lots of pjs to go on, plus the other bits I need a really big box. The sack seems much easier haha

We use sacks for Christmas presents. They used to be mine when I was a child, so it's lovely to reuse them. I remember the excitement :cloud9:

DD has her Christmas disco today and DS has his Christmas party

Nothing at all "Christmassy" going on today :(
I'm stuck working at home all day today, got so much to do but putting some Xmas music on to help keep my mood and motivation up!
Last day at school tomorrow and it can't come fast enough, so sick of this morning school run routine with two kids who don't want to get up and out haha!

Bought chocolates, biscuits and a dinosaur set.

Today was the last day at school and the kids came out at 1:30. We had a playdate today with 4 kids at ours. While they all played upstairs, the 3 mums and I had a nice gossip, some Christmas biscuits with our tea and I gave each Christmas cards before they left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->