What Christmassy thing have you done today?

Ok not too cheerful but still related I find. We had the chimney sweep in today to sweep our erstwhile bricked up fireplace in our "library". I was so looking forward to having a roaring fire next to our Christmas tree. Sadly it turns out that it is blocked/bricked up further up the flu too. :( No idea why anyone would block and brick up a fireplace! They add so much to a home! I am now looking for last minute deals on Bioethanol fireboxes. We have one in our kitchen extension and they are quite nice but obviously not like the real deal. Meh! FX I can find one in time.

Last edited:
That's a shame that the fireplace was blocked up. It would be lovely to have a good old-fashioned roaring fire.
Hopefully you will be able to find a firebox :)

Took DD2 to see santa santa (fourth inr she's seen )

Taking my mum food shopping this afternoon for Christmas bits (she doesn't drive).

Finished wrapping again, played Christmas Monopoly with Christmas music on, and then watched Polar Express

Cleaned the whole top floor as we will have guests even though they will probably only go up there to use the toilet lol. Kids' rooms, our room, bathroom and 'library' (we have one too on our large landing :haha:).

Well done Meep! I need to clean too but always find other things to do first lol

According to DH I look like this scene from The Santa Clause, that's got to count right? :haha:

Screenshot_20191221-170310_Gallery.jpg

^ Me too! But I do love a clean house. I need a cleaning lady! lol

Oh me too but I suspect I'd manically clean the whole house before she'd come! :haha:

I would definitely worry about the cleaning lady judging me and clean before hand.

DH and I are about to watch Elf. We watch it with the kids but it's a tradition for us to watch it alone as we saw it when we had only just started seeing each other.

Me too with the cleaning first. I would be paranoid about being judged! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"