What is your final voting decision? *New Poll*

Looks like we'll all need to get hitched too :rofl: Unmarried people don't have good family values :(

Is that not better than getting divorced to cash in on your single status when it comes to benefits....?

I'd rather marry for love than financial gain and I don't think people should be rewarded for getting married :nope:. IMO you don't need to be married to be a happy family.

Of course you wouldnt want to marry for financial gain, and I doubt people will be rushing to get married now for an extra 50p. But I dont think there is anything wrong with rewarding people who feel they want to do the best for their families, instead of having a system that gives people more for having a disjointed family unit.

your right, people shouldn't be rewarded for getting married like they shouldn't be rewarded for having children!

I'll donate my 50p to the labour party for their next campaign!

Glad I am getting married in 1 month, 1 week & 1 day, I mean hasn't tories promised a extra 50p a week to married couples? woohoo milky bars are on me! ...... oh hang on, i think they cost more than 50p now!

The average wedding costs £20 000

I think the amount promised is about £150 per year

so in 134 years the wedding will have paid for itself - brilliant

:rofl:

Tell me about it! i'll be paying it off for the next 30 years!

Looks like we'll all need to get hitched too :rofl: Unmarried people don't have good family values :(

Is that not better than getting divorced to cash in on your single status when it comes to benefits....?

I'd rather marry for love than financial gain and I don't think people should be rewarded for getting married :nope:. IMO you don't need to be married to be a happy family.

Of course you wouldnt want to marry for financial gain, and I doubt people will be rushing to get married now for an extra 50p. But I dont think there is anything wrong with rewarding people who feel they want to do the best for those families, instead of having a system that gives people more for having a disjointed family unit.

Marriage is just a piece of paper realistically....it doesnt MAKE a family, it really only helps with stability when you have children....id rather taxes went on people having children than people getting hitched....

dont you think people will abuse that too...it happens in all aspects all life..

you dont have to pay alot for a wedding! i paid £4000 for mine but it can be done much cheaper!

Also i dont agree with single non-working mums being rewarded but they seem to be getting more than 50p a week!

surley people getting married to be better off and then divorced is worse and has a more wide scale effect on children.

Of course you wouldnt want to marry for financial gain, and I doubt people will be rushing to get married now for an extra 50p. But I dont think there is anything wrong with rewarding people who feel they want to do the best for those families, instead of having a system that gives people more for having a disjointed family unit.

Marriage is just a piece of paper realistically....it doesnt MAKE a family, it really only helps with stability when you have children....id rather taxes went on people having children than people getting hitched....

dont you think people will abuse that too...it happens in all aspects all life..

Legally it is just a piece of paper. Emotionally/morally etc - its a lot more.

:cloud9:we are getting married because we love each other and we want to be a family in that we both want to have the same surname as our children

Together forever :cloud9: Which is what is being engraved on our rings!

Of course it is, but im not just gonna rush out just so my child has the same last name as me...as Cameron isnt a fan of "those kind of people" he stated...pffft

Well I would just like to add my pennies worth.....

:dance::yipee::headspin::rain::happydance:

I'm personally glad Cameron is our new PM. I don't think it will be anywhere near as bad as some people are making out. RELAX! :hugs:

meh, think you've all missed my point. Its not the actual money that bothers me.

Of course it is, but im not just gonna rush out just so my child has the same last name as me...as Cameron isnt a fan of "those kind of people" he stated...pffft

And no one would expect you to. I just think its ridiculous that families who want to stay together are financially better off when they live apart (as if the woman was a single mother)

meh, think you've all missed my point. Its not the actual money that bothers me.

i got it :thumbup:

just didnt want to join the marriage pro/con thing... i personally dont see the point in marriage full stop - even if it was free! So rewarding those who do or dont marry seems pointless to an extent - each should be equal & treated the same.

But we reward those who choose to have children with child tax credits. People who live life never marrying and never having children - what do they get?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->