What is your final voting decision? *New Poll*

Looks like we'll all need to get hitched too :rofl: Unmarried people don't have good family values :(

Is that not better than getting divorced to cash in on your single status when it comes to benefits....?

I'd rather marry for love than financial gain and I don't think people should be rewarded for getting married :nope:. IMO you don't need to be married to be a happy family.

Of course you wouldnt want to marry for financial gain, and I doubt people will be rushing to get married now for an extra 50p. But I dont think there is anything wrong with rewarding people who feel they want to do the best for those families, instead of having a system that gives people more for having a disjointed family unit.

Marriage is just a piece of paper realistically....it doesnt MAKE a family, it really only helps with stability when you have children....id rather taxes went on people having children than people getting hitched....

dont you think people will abuse that too...it happens in all aspects all life..

Legally it is just a piece of paper. Emotionally/morally etc - its a lot more.

Of course it is, but im not just gonna rush out just so my child has the same last name as me...as Cameron isnt a fan of "those kind of people" he stated...pffft

And no one would expect you to. I just think its ridiculous that families who want to stay together are financially better off when they live apart (as if the woman was a single mother)

i fully agree with you there, we would be rolling in it if my OH lived elsewhere... but the point is more the fact that our new prime minister looks down upon un-married families...whats that showing ?

I read that one of the terms D.C made to the lib dems was that he would drop the tax break for married couples - so no extra 50p anyway !

GO DAVID!!!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!!

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Hayley90 agree with everything you have said!

We are ecstatic! :dance::drunk::wohoo::bunny:\\:D/

personally to me, marriage is important, not for money reasons, but because it is showing our commitment to eachother, not for the short term but for the long term. It is also important to me that my family all share a surname, i understand these things might not seem important to others but to me they are, we planned TTC to ensure baby would be born after our wedding, that was our personal choice .... :shrug:

meh, think you've all missed my point. Its not the actual money that bothers me.

i got it :thumbup:

just didnt want to join the marriage pro/con thing... i personally dont see the point in marriage full stop - even if it was free! So rewarding those who do or dont marry seems pointless to an extent - each should be equal & treated the same.

But we reward those who choose to have children with child tax credits. People who live life never marrying and never having children - what do they get?

Boofs, i should have been born in thatcher times - i would give up TCs too if it meant this country didnt have debts coming out of its ears! Im happy to pay taxes if it goes into the right places & not into pockets who dont deserve them :)

I think EVERYTHING should be case-by-case based - housing, income support, TCs, even the tax you pay - nothing should be country wide as its unfair & someone always gets left out in the cold.

I believe in fairness. Now no government will ever scrap benefits to the poor full stop, but by halting them to the "rich" (to an extent) is a start. Hence = Tory.

i hope that made sense. i may edit.

ETA - CHILDREN are rewards in themselves. I dont need a government funded reward for having a baby. (i KNOW some people rely on them to live - I'm not disputing that :thumbup:) I would happily get nothing for them as they are MY choice, MY decision and MY responsibilty. If i needed help, id expect it, but only when it was needed, not just handed out willy-nilly :)

We have a very small blue contingent in here :kiss:

x

I am happy a decision has been made, I voted Lib Dem but was close to voting Tory (and my husband did). I just hope things settle down and the two parties really do their best to work for the good of the country. I do fear that whoever got in to No. 10 was going to be one of the most unpopular P.M's in history though due to the drastic cuts they are going to have to make. i don't think the country as a whole is bright enough to see that it isn't because they are Tory that there will be cuts but because cuts are what the country needs. short term pain for hopefully longer term gain.

Give Cameron a chance girls!
Let him proove himself before judging him... Gordon had his chance.

Am i the only tory left on here :rofl:

eta - tory scum...how imaginitive of the crowd :dohh:

:hi:Nope tory here! I thought I wa sthe only one glad to see Gordy go, I dont post much prefer to read!

We have a very small blue contingent in here :kiss:

x

I am happy a decision has been made, I voted Lib Dem but was close to voting Tory (and my husband did). I just hope things settle down and the two parties really do their best to work for the good of the country. I do fear that whoever got in to No. 10 was going to be one of the most unpopular P.M's in history though due to the drastic cuts they are going to have to make. i don't think the country as a whole is bright enough to see that it isn't because they are Tory that there will be cuts but because cuts are what the country needs. short term pain for hopefully longer term gain.

Yes, its going to be tough. But DC isnt the blue ogre that people would like to make out. The Lib Dems are all for cutting the same things as the Tories are (trust funds etc), yet the Tories carry the blame. I think that DC is going to make sure the money goes where it is most needed, and we wont be reading stories in the Daily Mail like we were today of people divorcing to be entitled to more benefits...and being able to afford £750 worth of Christmas presents for each of her 7 kids from her 30k benefit salary....while others work hard and earn far less

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Hurrah so are we!!!!! My dad is staying in the country now, well at least for the time being. He was emigrating if Labour got back in.

Go David!!!!!!!!!

There is a very small (but defiant!!!) Tory group left :)
I was pleased to see GB out, but my personal opinion of him improved HUGELY the last couple of days. He kept his dignity i think :)

As for DC - Get him in, get him a pen, desk and phone, and let him fix the UK... ANd give his wife a comfy chair. Bless her, did NOT deserve the reception she got, let alone her husband.

I have stayed away so far (mainly as I didn't really see this :blush: ) but :yipee: for DC being the man in charge!!

We are a happy household this evening!

xxx

there is a new facebook group thats called 'David Cameron is the new PM - Last one out the country turn the lights off' lol sorry but made me giggle

anywayyyyyyy only time will tell, like I said, it's not all clear cut yet, IF the Lib Dem MP's vote against we are back to a minority government which isn't going to work.

Just hope for the Tory voters that they don't change their policies too much, I mean otherwise that goes against everything you voted for!

I have stayed away so far (mainly as I didn't really see this :blush: ) but :yipee: for DC being the man in charge!!

We are a happy household this evening!

xxx

:wohoo: I forgot you were a blue babe too Pops :hugs:

xxx

Which is why i based my vote on a watered down manifesto!
I knew i was right to assume things would change :happydance:

I'm happy that blues will have a say full stop. If any of their policies are implemented i will be pleased.

Pops makes 5? or 6 Blues? Wow, we could have our own Election Party at this rate :rofl: I'll bring the food :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->