What is your final voting decision? *New Poll*

my husbands cousin announced that his partner was expecting again my husband didnt even congratulate them. He works part time and she doesnt work they claim all the benefits they can they already have one child who's grandparents look after him on the weekends every weekend! Then moan that they cant afford stuff so why are they having another? It was this that made me vote Tory!

I think if you have kids you should be able to pay for them.

I think the surestart grant should be scrapped along with the CTF and the HiP grant!

I think the child trust funds were a lovely gesture whilst the country could afford it but sadly we can't anymore so i feel it should be scrapped. I think the health in pregnancy grant should go too.

yup we managed before we can manage again, cutbacks NEED to be made, it makes sense to make it in areas like these where they are literally as you say, a nice gesture, they aren't essential :shrug:

i got this grant when i was pregnant. im a single mum and REALLY struggled to get everything i needed for my lo. some people cant afford to lose out on things like that. i wouldnt have managed :nope:

IDK, I just think that you decided to get pregnant and/or have the baby so you should pay for them :shrug: Start as you mean to go on and all that.

i didnt DECIDE to have a baby. i ended up pregnant and dont believe in abortion
due to personal reasons i had lost over a grand and was skint
i lost my job due to my ex being fired
some of us need it

I know but it was still your decision hun :shrug: You cant expect other people to pay for your babys things, thats all im saying.

My exact point!

x

No offence to anyone but I think thats one of the main problems in this country. People having children when they cant afford them (I know accidents do happen). But why decide to have children when you know you can afford them.

The lad my OH works with gf already has one baby which was a accident. Now they are actively planning for another. And all they do is complain how they cant afford this and cant afford that. So why are they planning for another child?!

I have to wait so should everyone else.

(Accidents aside as those cant be helped and its just life).

xxx

I do agree with you to an extent we're waiting til Im in a better paid job or a job that allows me to work part time before we have another. As hard as it is.

But at the same time I don't think it's fair to say don't have a baby unless you're well off.

Like for example my husband went to uni because his family could afford to put him through it, whereas mine couldn't, so he now has a degree which makes him more likely to get a better job then me. So if I'd married someone else who didn't have a degree or a good job because their parents couldn't afford it, does that mean that I shouldn't have a child?

Thats only an example Im not saying you need to have a degree to eaern money or anything, just another perspective, I dont see why money should judge wether you should have a baby or not.

But then again some people are responsible & claim what they need, and other pop kids out here there and everywhere to get benefits.

x

i dont think thats what was meant.
people who cannot afford to support a child shouldnt plan for one as it is not in the childs best interests
you dont need to be rich to be able to afford to support them :)

No thats just an example, Im not saying you need to be rich & I do understand & agree with the point made but at the same time why should someone be judged or discriminated against because they've had a baby they can't 'afford'. Thats like saying you should only have a baby if you wont rely on ANY government help whatsoever.

How many people do you know who dont claim tax credits? bet its not a lot x

thats not what i meant at all. didnt mean for it to come across that way
i depended on gov help during my pregnancy and still do to be honest.
thats not my fault or anything
just the way things have worked out

and pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease stop banding arond the tax credit argument (unless of course you earn over £50,000 and will therefore be affected, in which case argue away :winkwink:)

Meh, they say that now but 2 years down the line I bet the thresholds are lower, and lower until they get shot of them.

Theres a number of different thresholds in the TC system isnt there? So I can see them coming down too if you're in a higher band of earning you'll get less.

Can see it coming.

x

The labour party could reduce the threshholds as well though :shrug:

And I am not saying that it is right to reduce the thresholds, I am just saying that a LOT (but not all) of the people who voted labour did so solely on the belief that if the conservatives or lib dems won then they would be scrapped entirely, which is incorrect and down to scare mongering by labour.

Do you think Lempit Opik lost cos he went out with a checky girl

my husbands cousin announced that his partner was expecting again my husband didnt even congratulate them. He works part time and she doesnt work they claim all the benefits they can they already have one child who's grandparents look after him on the weekends every weekend! Then moan that they cant afford stuff so why are they having another? It was this that made me vote Tory!

I think the surestart grant should be scrapped along with the CTF and the HiP grant!

well saying your saying that from a point of view that you've not needed it.
fair enough change the threshold so its not as easy to get but then the people who need it will still recieve it.
thats just unrealistic to be honest

Do you think Lempit Opik lost cos he went out with a checky girl

Almost definitely - how can you take anyne seriously who went out with a cheekygirl!

fair enough change the threshold so its not as easy to get but then the people who need it will still recieve it.

People managed perfectly fine without them all before!

I am by no means well off my husband earns 28k and i'm a SAHM with one child and one on the way but we've learnt to budget! I've bought alot of stuff off ebay to save money plus we have huge debts thats mount to well over 10k so we dont have alot of disposable income either.

Labour don't want to lower TC thresholds though

I know, they scared people into voting for them by saying that tories and L.D would cut them - and people took this as cutthem completely and panicked

I am by no means well off my husband earns 28k and i'm a SAHM with one child and one on the way but we've learnt to budget! I've bought alot of stuff off ebay to save money plus we have huge debts thats mount to well over 10k so we dont have alot of disposable income either.

The thing is, its ok to say get rid of this, get rid of that BUT people in potential poverty WILL STILL have children and need the money and then you end up with the children suffering. Taking away things that help people will not work. We will just see children suffering. I dont care about the parents but I do care about children.

they were introduced for a reason though!
i feel like your painting everyone with the same brush.
because i need help doesnt make me a bad mum or anything.
28k is a good amount though.
my ex paid nothing and i only had benefits having lost my job- partly due to being pregnant in the first place. i tried to get another job but who hires a pregnant woman? no-one really.
its not that i didnt try. i would have loved to work and get the money to buy everything myself but im glad the gov were there to fall back on when i needed help because thats what it came down to.
everything is ALOT more expensive than it used to be so cant really compare it to the past either

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->