What is your final voting decision? *New Poll*

We dont earn massive amounts. As a household we bring home about £37k a year.

When I have a baby that will drop to £20k a year if I decide to be a SAHM or if I go part time £28k a year. With conservatives (hopefully) in they will provide free nursery care and this will make my life easier and save me ALOT of money. Both sets of our childs grandparents will still be working so I have no other option but childcare. If there are tax credits available to me I will take them but if not we can manage without.

I have thought long and hard about our finances and options before deciding to have children.

Why doesnt every body else in the country (again forget accidental pregnancy that cant be helped and people cant be expected to have abortions that is their right of choice!) plan and wait till they can afford to have children!!

xx

Its not the point though because people always will have children regardless of money etc. Taking away things that help will leave the children to suffer!

Would we want our country like that?

28k is a good amount your right but really when you've taken off rent, council tax, bills etc its really not alot of money esp with the amount of tax he has to pay on that too.

I see where your coming from and for people like you that try i would gladly just give you my husbands tax to help you but when you see it from a tax payers point of view it can really get you mad.|

for example my husband has a few cousins that choose to stay at home and have kids there is no reason that they couldnt go to work they would get their childcare paid for but they choose to claim benefits instead and whats even worse than that they have more money than us left over at the end of the month? thats what nots fair if people CAN work then they SHOULD!

But at the same time i dont agree with people getting so much money because they've CHOSEN to have kids

Nobody is saying that you're a bad mum because you need financial help. My ex left me high and dry with no money at all, just walked out. I think the benefits system is a good idea for those who don't abuse it. But in the long term, getting rid of these grants and the trust fund will be a great help in boosting the economy, making healthcare and education better for your children. Policies will always disagree with someone unfortunately but I, although I am on low income myself, do believe that it is one of the better ideas for cuts, rather than taking cuts from NHS or defences etc

We dont earn massive amounts. As a household we bring home about £37k a year.

When I have a baby that will drop to £20k a year if I decide to be a SAHM or if I go part time £28k a year. With conservatives (hopefully) in they will provide free nursery care and this will make my life easier and save me ALOT of money. Both sets of our childs grandparents will still be working so I have no other option but childcare. If there are tax credits available to me I will take them but if not we can manage without.

I have thought long and hard about our finances and options before deciding to have children.

Why doesnt every body else in the country (again forget accidental pregnancy that cant be helped and people cant be expected to have abortions that is their right of choice!) plan and wait till they can afford to have children!!

xx

Because some people may never be able to 'afford' them as such and struggle a little but why shouldn't they have children and be given a little something back to help them out.

also with so much FREE contraception out there there shouldn't be so many accidents that there are in this country!

The teenage pregnancy rate is so high and its the government and tax payers that are paying for it!

The thing that is wrong with benefits is, people learn to live off them, they SHOULD be a short term solution not a long term income

xx

Because to be honest there never is a right time , there never will be enough money unless your in a highly payed job , tax credits are there to top you up so to say as this day and age taxes , council tax everything is just so damn high , yet pay stays the same. So some people need that extra help.

Nobody is saying that you're a bad mum because you need financial help. My ex left me high and dry with no money at all, just walked out. I think the benefits system is a good idea for those who don't abuse it. But in the long term, getting rid of these grants and the trust fund will be a great help in boosting the economy, making healthcare and education better for your children. Policies will always disagree with someone unfortunately but I, although I am on low income myself, do believe that it is one of the better ideas for cuts, rather than taking cuts from NHS or defences etc

I have alot of respect you bexy! You have a good head on those shoulders of yours and you are an example of what people should be like!

xx

I agree. Cuts need to be made else this country will just keep getting worse and worse, I'd rather they cut things like the grants and the child trust fund too.

It still wont change things though. Its a fact of life that people will have children regardless of situation. Can not say people cant have children due to income.

Bexy, run in the next election lol

I'll vote for you ......... if soddin leeds councils sorts out my vote that is!

also with so much FREE contraception out there there shouldn't be so many accidents that there are in this country!

The teenage pregnancy rate is so high and its the government and tax payers that are paying for it!

I'm a teenager and get nothing, not even entitled to much tax credits because me and OH earn and work fulltime, so it's not all teenage pregnancys. There are plenty of other people claiming loads, not just teenagers.

xx

Because to be honest there never is a right time , there never will be enough money unless your in a highly payed job , tax credits are there to top you up so to say as this day and age taxes , council tax everything is just so damn high , yet pay stays the same. So some people need that extra help.

I am not in a highly paid job. Neither is my other half. We have still have found a right time? I dont see the problem?

Our right time is when we have moved into our new home & have everything sorted then we can afford it!

x

I'm a teenager and get nothing, not even entitled to much tax credits because me and OH earn and work fulltime, so it's not all teenage pregnancys. There are plenty of other people claiming loads, not just teenagers.

hunny I don't think you count in what she meant, you and your OH are out there and working, doing your part, it's a shame more people (not just teenagers but older people also) can't take a leaf out of your book :)

Off topic but in my area I am not impressed only 9.8% of people in New Forest East voted Labour, and 52% voted Conservatives :-( lol

we are on benefits my Oh works also currently looking for a higher paid job.. I applied to college for september but i am now looking for a job insted since we want to get a morgage.

No contraception is 100% and in all fairness the pill is one of the worst to be on since sickness, antibioctics, the runs ect all make it stop working and i for one was never told any of that by the doctor and 4 other girls on the young mums program also did not know. By the poll on BNB in girly shows most people HATE condoms.

If there was never any help i doubt most of us would be where we are because at some point or another withing your familys i bet there has been help giving at one point or another.

I know for sure id rather be claiming my Oh's tax back to help us out than end up with tons of debt.

:shrug:

hunny I don't think you count in what she meant, you and your OH are out there and working, doing your part, it's a shame more people (not just teenagers but older people also) can't take a leaf out of your book :)

sorry yes thats what I meant, i know there are teenagers out there working too my cousin is one of them! I was using teenagers as an example because of the rate being so high.

Off topic but in my area I am not impressed only 9.8% of people in New Forest East voted Labour, and 52% voted Conservatives :-( lol

It's all conservatives in the all areas around me so I'm not impressed either lol :growlmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->