What is your final voting decision? *New Poll*

i hate the comments regarding people should wait if they cant afford children.

sometimes the complete unnexpected happens, and people end up leading a totaly different life not through choice.
when my mum and dad divorced, my mum was left homeless, with 3 children under 10. she went from never claiming a single benefit to living entirely off benefits because she had no choice.
when she did go back to work, she couldn't afford childcare, so could only do part time, and only earned 6k a year. without top up benefits it wouldn't of been possible for her to live.
she was married in a stable relationship, expected it to last forever on a very decent income in a very nice area. how could she possibly plan for what happened?!

if people thought of every possibility in that way, then we'd end up like the people on the film idiocracy lol. having children is a nartrual desire.

I don't think people are slating those who use benefits as a little "top-up" on top of their wages, it is those who make a life off of living solely off benefits that I have an issue with

i hate the comments regarding people should wait if they cant afford children.

sometimes the complete unnexpected happens, and people end up leading a totaly different life not through choice.
when my mum and dad divorced, my mum was left homeless, with 3 children under 10. she went from never claiming a single benefit to living entirely off benefits because she had no choice.
when she did go back to work, she couldn't afford childcare, so could only do part time, and only earned 6k a year. without top up benefits it wouldn't of been possible for her to live.
she was married in a stable relationship, expected it to last forever on a very decent income in a very nice area. how could she possibly plan for what happened?!

if people thought of every possibility in that way, then we'd end up like the people on the film idiocracy lol. having children is a nartrual desire.

that situation is totally different, the circumstances changed after children were born, that couldn't have been predicted, I think what the girls mean is people deciding to have children when they have no intension of supporting them to start with :shrug:

There will always be people that abuse the system, whatever the system. If the lower income people do not get what they need they will turn to crime. fact. THATS WORSE.

well done Brown

Think he did well there and held his head high

and as he pointed out .... you join other parties based on agreeing policies!

Sometimes things dont work out like like unfortunatly , sometimes the children come first. We can afford our children and our bills , years down the line, we now cant afford the rises of our bills every year , but with no rise to our wage?

What do you do then!? To me there is never a right time , there will always be something that needs doing. My opinion.

i totally agree with you here. We could quite comfortably afford to have 3 kids until i lost my job, what we got in tax credits wasnt really worth getting. Our earnings over the last year have been drastically cut. Yes we get by, dont have alot of money for extras tho.

If they made council housing the same as private renting i would be f**ked, simply couldnt afford it!

Lib dem, however I feel that another term of labour would not be a bad thing. The notion of a tory govt on the other hand fills me with the sense of impending doom. :(

Why :shrug:

I dont want to start anything but people always say that and I just wondered the reason behind it

In short, I could never vote for the conservatives as their manifesto and policies are completely ideologically opposed to what I believe in.
The sense of impending doom at the thought of a conservative government, rather than simply a feeling of disapointment, is most likely a result of the memory of growing up in working class Scotland under a Conservative (Thatcher) government. I still live in a 'deprived' area of Glasgow, although I now choose to live in this area but the standard of living, education and opportunities for young working class people ,while there are still perhaps inherant disparities, has dramatically improved under a labour government.

i mean i know i will be pounced on from all directions here.
and i am not going to explain myself to anyone.

i have lived soley off benefits, and i am waiting again for my benefits to come back through.
i can't work at this moment in time. i'd like to, but its not that easy for some people, and no i am not explaning myself or reasons to every nosy person on here.
but there are genuine people who dont WANT to be on benefits but have no other choice.

i was over the moon this year, as i was due to get married this april just gone, i had told DWP that i no longer needed benefits, and i was going to work a few hours from home with hubbys income too. thats what i was happy to do even when i was still entitled to claim benefits in marriage. i dont WANT to be on benefits.
but when hubby to be went AWOL and left me without any savings any money, no more benefits, and nothing. of course i've had to re apply and i will be back on them.
and i wont be able to work for some time.
so i am one of those people that live soley of benefits.

what is someone who is genuinely claiming benefits for honest reasons supposed to do if they don't get help?
live on the street and starve?

Lib dem, however I feel that another term of labour would not be a bad thing. The notion of a tory govt on the other hand fills me with the sense of impending doom. :(

Why :shrug:

I dont want to start anything but people always say that and I just wondered the reason behind it

In short, I could never vote for the conservatives as their manifesto and policies are completely ideologically opposed to what I believe in.
The sense of impending doom at the thought of a conservative government, rather than simply a feeling of disapointment, is most likely a result of the memory of growing up in working class Scotland under a Conservative (Thatcher) government. I still live in a 'deprived' area of Glasgow, although I now choose to live in this area but the standard of living, education and opportunities for young working class people, ,while there are still perhaps inherant, disparities has dramatically improved under a labour government.

Thanks, do you think its a case of once burned twice shy

i mean i know i will be pounced on from all directions here.
and i am not going to explain myself to anyone.

i have lived soley off benefits, and i am waiting again for my benefits to come back through.
i can't work at this moment in time. i'd like to, but its not that easy for some people, and no i am not explaning myself or reasons to every nosy person on here.
but there are genuine people who dont WANT to be on benefits but have no other choice.

i was over the moon this year, as i was due to get married this april just gone, i had told DWP that i no longer needed benefits, and i was going to work a few hours from home with hubbys income too. thats what i was happy to do even when i was still entitled to claim benefits in marriage. i dont WANT to be on benefits.
but when hubby to be went AWOL and left me without any savings any money, no more benefits, and nothing. of course i've had to re apply and i will be back on them.
and i wont be able to work for some time.
so i am one of those people that live soley of benefits.

what is someone who is genuinely claiming benefits for honest reasons supposed to do if they don't get help?
live on the street and starve?

again, your circumstances changed, you didn't PLAN to be living off benefit again but other factors have meant you are now, noone is disputing that in your case your entitled to then to get yourself back on your feet

it feels awful though when people talk about people on benefits as the scum of the earth.
yes there are those that want to live on benefits and have no other intentions.

but there are many people, i'd guess at the majority that dont have other options at times.
just gets to me :(

it feels awful though when people talk about people on benefits as the scum of the earth.
yes there are those that want to live on benefits and have no other intentions.

but there are many people, i'd guess at the majority that dont have other options at times.
just gets to me :(

Yeah they tar us all with the same brush. :( I dont let it bother me anymore x

I thought GB did well there

Don't the Tories have plans to give extra money to married couples? I think that's unfair to unmarried couples that have been together for years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->