What is your final voting decision? *New Poll*

I thought GB did well there

Don't the Tories have plans to give extra money to married couples? I think that's unfair to unmarried couples that have been together for years.

apparently but then again it is only a silly amount, 1 figure i heard mentioned was 50p a week lol

someone remind me to go pee at 2.25 so i am back for cameron's statement!

married couples and those in civil partnerships

i mean i know i will be pounced on from all directions here.
and i am not going to explain myself to anyone.

i have lived soley off benefits, and i am waiting again for my benefits to come back through.
i can't work at this moment in time. i'd like to, but its not that easy for some people, and no i am not explaning myself or reasons to every nosy person on here.
but there are genuine people who dont WANT to be on benefits but have no other choice.

what is someone who is genuinely claiming benefits for honest reasons supposed to do if they don't get help?
live on the street and starve?

:hugs:
im in the same situation at the moment,
dont feel bad for it.
we do what we need to do :hugs:

One of my best friends is a single mum on benefits. She lost her job when pregnant and again couldnt get another. Now she struggles with child care and in effect cant afford to work.

So I by no means tar people on benefits with the same brush. I love her to bit and she has no other option. She NEEDS to be on benefits. She will work when she can afford to. With conservative and free child care she will be able to work at some point.

Its the people who dont need to be on them that are on them and abusing the system that rub me up the wrong way.

benefits are there to be used by those who need them so if u need them to live and get by so dont feel bad for doing whats right for you and your family(s)

Lib dem, however I feel that another term of labour would not be a bad thing. The notion of a tory govt on the other hand fills me with the sense of impending doom. :(

Why :shrug:

I dont want to start anything but people always say that and I just wondered the reason behind it

In short, I could never vote for the conservatives as their manifesto and policies are completely ideologically opposed to what I believe in.
The sense of impending doom at the thought of a conservative government, rather than simply a feeling of disapointment, is most likely a result of the memory of growing up in working class Scotland under a Conservative (Thatcher) government. I still live in a 'deprived' area of Glasgow, although I now choose to live in this area but the standard of living, education and opportunities for young working class people, ,while there are still perhaps inherant, disparities has dramatically improved under a labour government.

Thanks, do you think its a case of once burned twice shy

I think this certainly plays a part. The area I grew up in for example is famously a labour stronghold and remains so despite the previous MP resigning over the expenses scandal, and the area I live in just moved from a one-off spell as an SNP seat back to labour. It is said of the area that I grew up in that you could put a Gorilla up as Labour candidate and it'd win the seat :lol: However, despite this I do I try to take the element of bad memories and the political influences of my upbringing out of the decision making process
and the conservatives are still a bitter pill for me to swallow. On a personal level I disagree with the conservatives plans for the NHS and fear what a conservative government will mean for me as a nurse, financially and educationally. I could go through everything that I dislike about the conservative manifesto but I fear I would be here all day :lol:

I wanted to go a walk but by the time he's done his statement it'll be too late and LO will need her feed! grr.

it feels awful though when people talk about people on benefits as the scum of the earth.
yes there are those that want to live on benefits and have no other intentions.

but there are many people, i'd guess at the majority that dont have other options at times.
just gets to me :(

it really upset me that i couldnt work threw pregnancy and cant at the moment. i have learned to look past that and know im doing my best x

there is a very big difference between those that claim benefits because they have no other choice and those that set out with a 'well i don't need to bother working, the government will give me money'

I have no issue what so every if someone claims benefits because they need them, god i was in that situation once and i needed to claim, it's people who knowing abuse the system that annoy me

Benefits are there for those who need them - and no one should take issue with these people. Reform is needed to ensure those who don't need them no longer receive money, thus making it easier and more accessible for those who have genuine need. No one should apologise for receiving benefits if they need them :hugs:

Cameron proposes to reform the benefits system - and yet his other policies support widening the gap between the rich and the poor. Not good enough. I take no issue with paying taxes...this ridiculous gap needs to be closed.

Well im going down the bookies tomorrow to put money on another election within 2 years as a coalition government just isn't going to work and will put us more in the crap then we already are. Also manifesto pledges don't mean anything now as no one party has enough seats to push legislation through.

Well im going down the bookies tomorrow to put money on another election within 2 years as a coalition government just isn't going to work and will put us more in the crap then we already are. Also manifesto pledges don't mean anything now as no one party has enough seats to push legislation through.

you won't get good odds, i think it is looking certain to go to a 2nd election, i don't even think they will make it 2 years

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->